Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tank: Holy Machine
What's about a new tank, which costs 0 kb?

Model: Wagon

[Image: theholytank2wn3.jpg]

I've not an idea how much it will cost. So I've not an idea how strong the spells need to be.

Spells:
Healing Canon: Normal tank weapon, but it hits allied units and heal them.
Holy Orb: Summons some orbs which flies around the tank, damage and slows enemies, which tuches the orbs.
Lightspeed Charge: The tank begins to drive fastly to the target point. Damage all enemies in his way, and stuns them. ( only ground )
Light Wall: Creates around the tank a ring of light. For x seconds. Enemy ground units can't walk throug the wall. ( only ground )
Protecting Shell: Blocks all damage for x seconds. Heals all allied units around by x% of the damage taken. ( ultimate )

I think it's an anti ground tank. And he needs a lot of hp / armor, so he needs to be expensiv. But the tank is a good tank to help your team mates.

What do you think about it?

cedi
I wouldn't mind a 'healing' or support tank, though if such a tank were implemented, it should be late game (so costs 11000+) so it doesn't overlap with the guardian which can also heal.

Also, the tank should have atleast 1 Passive ability (other than the cannon) so it has enough mana to cast spells.

What about giving the tank blink since no other tank has that? (not like the tinker ability, with high range high cooldown, but an ability with a low range, low cooldown, low cost)

Still prefer the uber tinker though.
What's about a blink, which has casting time, but very low cd, and mana cost. The cast time can depend on the ported range...

And jea I'thought to to make it cost around 11k...

cedi
That sounds like a really cool idea; late game there really aren't any support roles left that are actually viable, so this would be a good addition. Also, the healing cannon would be something unique to that tank, so it would add a whole new tactic to the battlefield. I agree about needing another passive ability, but I really can't think of one that would work...maybe give this one two cannons, both of them healing? Probably a bad idea Big Grin
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
why? maybe one cannon healing players and the other creeps?
Holy Orb(s) seems to be familiar to zeppelin ability. How about a more protective and passive ability?

Holy Orb: Every 30 seconds Holy Machine summons a "Holy Orb". Orbs stay in R750-R1500 elipse orbit of Holy Machine. Orbs have 50% magic reduction.
Passive
Level1: Max 1 Orb with 800hp. Orbs stay 30 seconds
Level2: Max 2 Orbs with 800hp. Orbs stay 60 seconds
Level3: Max 3 Orbs with 800hp. Orbs stay 90 seconds
Level4: Max 3 Orbs with 1100hp. Orbs stay 90 seconds
Level5: Max 3 Orbs with 1400hp. Orbs stay 90 seconds
Trolololo
Yeah, the holy orb ability seems too similar to the zepplin ability (meaning it's gonna suck).
And the lightspeed charge ability seems to similar to the earth robot ability.
The protecting shell is alot like the trader ability...

For the passive ability, why not something that is both self healing and increases mana regeneration? For example, heals x health per second and y mana per second for each level.

Maybe the ultimate could be something like orbital command but with longer range? Might work well with blink.
I like the passiv Holy Orb abilty...

And the shell isn't like the treader ones. Then It blocks all damage for x seconds. But it doesn't make the tank invulnerable. So may the tank takes 8000 damage. The shell takes 10% of the damage = 800. And heals all allied units around by this amount.

An other idea for the light speed charge. It charges towards a target unit, doesn't damage enemies, but heals allied unit and pushs enemies out of the way. It starts with a speed of 300 or something and it accelerate by x per second. Then when it reached the target, the tank damage his enemy by speed * x or something. Better?

cedi
nice idea.
cedi, I think you want to make all 5 of the tank's abilities healing abilities, 1 or 2 is cool, but all 5 is rediculous.

Here's another idea for an ability. Why not mirror image? Could be a cool ultimate.
but not more than 1 image, otherwise its really overpowered.
Why, you can make, that the image takes 200% damage and deals only 25% damage or something, but I don't like the idea...

cedi
mirror damage is a bad idea imo, but about something similar
for ulti: u get invis for x time but at the place you use it a mirror image of you appaers till you break invis
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
I don't think that have any sense, because in invisibility the tank attacks...

cedi
hmm yes maybe a trigger that breaks the invis if the tank attack
but than i think it shouldnt be a ultimate
but it would be a great skill for surprise attackings

EDIT: maybe the tank only breaks invis and attacks, if a enemy tank is near
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
But, I don't think it fits into the concept of the holy/light tank. It fits better to a shadow tank or something.

cedi
How about this for a passive ability

Allied creeps that die within a certain range have a chance of being raised from the dead.
the truth Wrote:I wouldn't mind a 'healing' or support tank, though if such a tank were implemented, it should be late game (so costs 11000+) so it doesn't overlap with the guardian which can also heal.

The cost need not be that high, it could be as low as 7000 or so and still be viable.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
i would prefer a tank around 11k because frosty is really weak and to sky fotress (16k) there is a great hole
Jea, may we need dto change some abilitys to make it more "suporter" like.

cedi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,230 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,310 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,615 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,193 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 13,919 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live