Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some ideas
Just some ideas that the map makers might want to consider

Added weapon effects
Effects like lifesteal, manaburn, minimum attack range, that push enemies away when fired at them, aoe, that disable weapons/items in the inventory, that designate targets so that other weapons will do a percentage more dmg, that accumulates dmg the more a target is hit, that 'blinds' enemies causes them to miss, that targets allies and heals them, that only fire when 2 or more enemies are in range.

Added buffs/debuffs skills
increased/decreased rate of fire, that changes a unit's "type" such as from air to ground, ground to building, that reduces/extends the range of all on board weapons, mana shield, increased speed, ramming, phase shift (like the original farie dragons), disguising the appearance of a tank, fake duplicates of a tank

Different tanks
A tank that can switch between air and ground mode. Where each form will have slightly different abilities.
A tank that is really made up of 2 tanks that must remain with a set distance with one another. If one dies both die.
A tank that can remain permanently invisible
koshen Wrote:Added weapon effects
Effects like lifesteal, manaburn, minimum attack range, that push enemies away when fired at them, aoe, that disable weapons/items in the inventory, that designate targets so that other weapons will do a percentage more dmg, that accumulates dmg the more a target is hit, that 'blinds' enemies causes them to miss, that targets allies and heals them, that only fire when 2 or more enemies are in range.

Added buffs/debuffs skills
increased/decreased rate of fire, that changes a unit's "type" such as from air to ground, ground to building, that reduces/extends the range of all on board weapons, mana shield, increased speed, ramming, phase shift (like the original farie dragons), disguising the appearance of a tank, fake duplicates of a tank

This has been suggested before. Let me make it short. IT'S impossible to apply this ability to phönix fire based ability weapons.

Same goes for decreasing/increasing rate of fire

Even if this is possible in a different way, its wayyy to much work since you cannot just like simply change the values. The ability is static for items and their values cannot be changed afaik. Unfortunately...
It seems like the healer one would be possible though

Set allowable targets to ally hero and the damage to a negative value. Wouldn't that work?
Yes!!! We definately need a meepo tank, a troll warlord tank, a leoric tank... lol Did these ideas all come from dota Koshen?

Seriously though, there are some good ideas here that I like. I think even if they would require a lot of extra work to implement I think they would be cool. Big Grin

I don't think a permanently invisible hero would be a good idea for battle tanks though. In dota you can get away with invisible heroes since no invisible hero has teleport, you can't cptp in dota (there is a bot and the mass teleport of the pit lord, but those both have a long cd at least), and there are only a maximum of 3 weak points to a base at any time. In battle tanks any tank can get teleport, any hero can cptp all over the map, and there are up to 12 points which can be attacked at any time. A permanently invisible unit would be impossible to keep track of and really annoying in my opinion.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Only the meepo tank was from dota. I got the idea of a transforming tank from the mecha tengu unit in Red Alert 3!

TKF Wrote:IT'S impossible to apply this ability to phönix fire based ability weapons.

Sorry! You've quoted quite a bit there, so none of what I suggested would work? So if my understanding is correct, weapons can only vary between cooldown, damage, range and attackable units?
I'm still curious as to whether a weapon that heals instead of doing damage is possible.

If something like that was added, it would probably encourage people to go around in pairs. Or if it was allowed to heal creeps, it might make troop command more attractive.
Oh ya, I just remembered... That lifesteal phoenix fire weapon is in battle tanks mg which i'm told was just released to the public. also there's is a sheep stick pheonix fire weapon, an item that creats zepplins around you when you're dealt damage, a hull that combines to make a temporary force field around you, different assimilators, and many other cool things I wouldn't mind seeing in btanks some day. Big Grin

Also if you're looking for more end game variety there are some really cool ideas in tank wars too. Like mars, venus, pluto, etc packs which do many different things. Just please don't use the tank wars jail tank idea because I hate that annoying tank.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Well, qweq, so you remembered BT MG faster than I could post Big Grin .
Just a little addition, I think there was even a slowing weapon.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Easiest thing that can be done is a dot(damage over time) weapon. But this will stop firing all weapons to that tank also... Others will require many coding...

But the question is : "do we want freezing, lifestealing weapons in BT?"
Light Fantastic with 15% lifesteal, Ice cannon with 25% slow, frost magic with 15% slow, Frost Laser with 35% slow, Poison Magic with 1% hp reduce with each hit, Psycho Magic hits knock enemy back 25 range etc...Smile

I can accept the one which creates zeppelins on attack. Others are tricky...
Trolololo
lol
I remeber a guy once got a shitload of zepplins that were raping me and I almost lost. There was an easy counter to it though that i found... Big Grin
Well I dont want all that effects. There would be the problem of balancing the effect in gold costs for several versions then ^^
Or how much would you pay for a 15% slow, or a 10% life steal, or or or ...Wink
If there will be a weapon like this, it should be a weapon with high costs and no critical effect. - like that zeppelin spawning, what are the strongest range creeps in game. (which even get stronger with creep updates Tongue )
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Well a healing weapon shouldn't be that hard to balance. Just compare it to the cost of a repair bot, and possibly adjust it a bit since it can't target self.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ideas for faster games ckibibi 5 4,552 2014-02-04, 20:48:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,079 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,234 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
Tongue Ideas daCe 0 1,365 2012-01-15, 19:44:46
Last Post: daCe
  Support Tanks Ideas Shadowgear7 4 4,133 2011-11-27, 04:23:11
Last Post: Shadowgear7