Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make creep upgrade a single purchase
i know that it would make getting later tanks more expensive and take longer but i think that since everyone always get armor the items effected by creep weapons upgrade go unused and underpowerd. other wise upgrading just weapons so that your mines are stronger seems expensive. maybe i just dont know how to play with mines and orbital control items but i think doing this would help them.
advantage for upgreating only armour is:
- creeps get stronger
- you can buy better tanks
- the force is feeding less on the other force (more income alone for you)

advantage for upgrating damadge(too):
- mines get stronger
- cheaper than armour
- may kill some opponents too espacially if force is used in mass

mh dont know, but i think its rather good balanced. The main upgreater for damadge are trader and mine players.
And people who like to spam summons (e.g. Ghost Tank)
I usally dont upgrade weapons, because buying bigger tanks with very strong abilities like infernal is essential. Buying weapons for only 3% more mines damage for 1400 costs too much i think. Upgrading weapons is only useful, when armor is already upgraded several times and you use spawning factories.
The money you get from killing enemies, because your troops got tougher and spread enemy weapon fire more effective (Armor Update) is better than your own force kills the creeps, because they shoot stronger and die by enemy tank fire as fast as before (Weapon Update).
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Maybe weapons upgrades should have the cost decreased slightly then?
Giftfinger Wrote:advantage for upgreating only armour is:
- creeps get stronger
- you can buy better tanks
- the force is feeding less on the other force (more income alone for you)

advantage for upgrating damadge(too):
- mines get stronger
- cheaper than armour
- may kill some opponents too espacially if force is used in mass

mh dont know, but i think its rather good balanced. The main upgreater for damadge are trader and mine players.

you forgot that explosives/bomb get stronger too. Increasing damage also makes mortars stronger as well.
An unmentioned armour advantage is that it boosts bunkers and factories while damage confers no advantage to those buildings
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Are you sure that weapons upgrades affect explosives? I don't think it does
well you are right i forgot the bomb, but i dont think that someone makes upgreades so that the bomb gets stronger. (at least not as main reason)

the explosives are not affected, at least not in earlier versions

Gammagulp Wrote:Buying weapons for only 3% more mines damage for 1400 costs too much i think

well, i think the upgreades cost are quit balanced. If i play minelayer (through the whole game) i make nothing else than laying mines. If i have got all 3 mines the only thing i do, with the money i get, is upgreading. (of cource weapons and amour) but out of the main raison that the mines get stronger too.
the upgrade seem reasonable balanced for the most part. people who like the stronger tank abilitys get the armour, well what i see as too costly to put reall money into but the minelayers, and often tinkers upgrade the dmg. both have there reasonable traits but i speak as a tanker myself. i find that late game creeps die with no real purpose but to supply gold. i have found though that some player upgrade creeps get factorys and the advancded commander allowing them to spawn (with upgrades) quite powerful instant forces. but as i said unless they are used early game they appear to lose much use late game. even with armour upgrade players almost completely disregard creeps.
<<<<<< you don't show your dedication by dying for it >>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<< you show it by living, prooving it to others >>>>>>>>>>
The upgrade of weapon is well too bad comparing to armor. Creep die fast so weapon doesn't affect that much.
Why not making upgrad at 2200-2500 gold for armor +attack? Or reduce requirement but base it on attack + weapon
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
it's well balanced the way it is.
pro's and con's were summed up earlier, i just want to add:
-explosives are not effected by weapon upgrade
-weapon upgrade became cheaper several versions before

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 10,966 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Next version of Btanks: Make more insane bots! 8434102 2 4,018 2012-09-30, 03:25:52
Last Post: 8434102
  additional commands for single player modus RaptorXI 5 5,484 2012-07-25, 19:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Make alternatives to midgame must have items ssl 4 3,870 2012-07-01, 20:50:07
Last Post: Teo_live
  Make Bombs weaker Sassspect 7 5,774 2012-05-05, 22:43:09
Last Post: LoveComesAgain