Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Exploder -> No Explosives
Well it's true, an exploder is way more effective in suicidingy
but for me there are only a few little things more frustrating
then seeing someone blowing up your team with a tinker or heli
using explosives in a "No Exploder"-game.

Therefore "No Exploder" should also deactivate explosives.
I completely, totoally, and utterly agree with the starting statement to this thread. Maybe even disabling mines like bennie.fm said would be nice too. It's not that these things aren't cool. Exploders and mines aren't good in every game in my opinion. There is only certain times when using them will even possibly have a chance to be effective.

I see way too many noobs using them badly over and over again every game no matter what happens, making victory tedious but inevitable.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
This topic again......

There's also no tinker mode disabling the players ability to choose tinkers. In this way players cannot choose tinkers or exploder with explosives.
but there still many tanks which are also used as suicide tanks like antigrav or helicopter.
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
or scout with net, or infernal with chaos teleport, or sky fortress with carpet bomb suiciding... Sad
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I personally use antigrav to suicide. Jump cant be blocked by breaker. I sometimes use it with infernal if i am losing.
It is not only about tinker, exploder etc.. But explosives.
Trolololo
PLZ introduce a mode where the purchase of explosives are disabled i have seen a titan with explosives and it was very effective lol and demon tank just disable the dam purchase of item!!!!!!! game will be perfect to me then
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Ok, you now have a mode, which disables every item except weapons. This is the closest thing you will get to a No Explosive mode. I won't make a seperate mode for each item you want to disable.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
the people just want to modify the existing -no exploder mode to change in the way that you dont just cant get the exploder tank, you also cant buy explosives.

i think its a good idea, because the -no exploder mode is meant to have an exploding free game. but tinker works almost as good as exploder with explosives, and other tanks are possible too.
DerSatan Wrote:the people just want to modify the existing -no exploder mode to change in the way that you dont just cant get the exploder tank, you also cant buy explosives.

maybe the mode should be renamed in "no explosives" or "no suicide"

but i agree everyone (or at least most) who choose the "no exploder mode" wants noone going suicide in this game. But with tinker (or antigrav) compined with the explosives its a problem.
just add to this mode that explosives are too to be disabled.
i did not wanted all no-weapon-items being removed.
just change no exploder to no explosives.

i didn't play the new version yet so:
does no-weapon-items mean:
-hulls
-repair stuff
-mines
-orbital
-mana
-invis
-teleport
-factories
-tcc
-net
-tp-breaker

this shouldn't happen =/
okay i just tried it out singleplayer vs bots (no crash gj!)
and it SUCKS!
only weapons is damn borring, sorry but that is no solution =(
ChronicStoned Wrote:okay i just tried it out singleplayer vs bots (no crash gj!)
and it SUCKS!
only weapons is damn borring, sorry but that is no solution =(

I can't agree you more. only weapons is damn boring.
But the whole purpose of the no explosives request is because noobs are choosing to go with an aexplosives strategy and failing badly, just feeding the opposing team. A no items option is a great solution to this - think of it as a noob mode that gives everyone less choices, and thus less ways to screw it up. It should also make the value of buying better tanks abundantly clear.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Ya, but we've also got a problem with noobs geting nothing but long range and never learning proper ways to counter it. The only weapons mode is also going to encourage long range noob abuse. How can you counter long range without items unless you also get long range? I understand if this mode is meant for noob training but it's definately not a solution for hosting public games in my opinion.
Explosives. Only no explosives we wanted. But this can be a way with

Banned items >
explosives
factories
mines
etc

a menu like that.
Trolololo
horselance Wrote:Explosives. Only no explosives we wanted. But this can be a way with

Banned items >
explosives
factories
mines
etc

a menu like that.

YES!!! YES DO THAT DISABLE THE PURCHASE OF ALL THE ABOVE
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I just played a game where my team was loosing but we battled back and started to gain a static advantage. It was a 5v5 where I was with 4 random pub players against 3 of my own clan bt members and 2 pubs. I was able to show a couple of my teamates a few tips to help them and we started to annhilate our opponents. The red player on the other team was super fed but he kept trying to get solo kills. My team all got demon tanks and teleport to counter him. The red tank would come and get 1 kill if he was lucky but we always killed him in return. Then while the red tank was dead we were able to easily pick off the rest of his teamates 1 by 1. Instead of the other team countering by using good teamwork as well this is what happened...

A guy in a goblin tank sold all but one of his weapons and got explosives and a guy in a helicopter got explosives. They were very effective in prolonging the game to a 2 hour + length untill my team finally won it. It was very hard to counter this ultra gay exploding tactic they used. These explosives are a stupid crutch that otherwise good players keep falling back on instead of learning to play better and use teamwork. That game was so annoying and stupid. Battle tanks would not even be worth playing if this happened any more often than it already does. I can barely stand it anymore. The better I get the more times other players, even in internal games sometimes, use explosives and ruin the game.

This was the most annoying thing ever and I don't see how this can be called battle tanks anymore if crap like this keeps going on. This was not a battle. If explosives stay in the game then I suggest changing the map's name to "Retarded Annoying Ass Kicking Tanks" becasue that is what more and more of my games are turning into now.

I suggest turning tinker and exploder into support roles only like the trader is currently by doing something like this:

1. remove explosives from the game.

2. make the exploder and the tinker like the trader so that they can no longer carry a weapon or hull. Instead only let them use items the trader can. The reason I don't think tinkers should be allowed to carry hulls is because it only encourages tinker noobs to play him the whole game.

3. increase the damage of the exploders explosion skill and increase the damage of this skill every 5 minutes as well. This will still let an exploder be able to take down big tanks without the use of explosives.

4. Make it so that mines can no longer be bought by any tank except trader, tinker, exploder, and trader. I think a choice needs to be made by players, either play support, or else no mines and no explosives!!!

5. Optional: Add an item and/or item recepie that allows 1 spell to be blocked every x seconds that any tank can get. Maybe this could be combined with the mine difuser or something else. Or make a spell breaker that works like a tp breaker but for spells.

If some changes like this were made then I think a balance could be made where exploders, tinkers, and mines tactics are still usable in public and internal games but not abusable to a point where they ruin so many games.
If they had two tanks filled with explosives you should have had no problem getting teleport breakers (and mines) if necessary - those exploders lost almost 1/2 their gold to make that build, so you should have been able to afford 1/2 doz tp breakers and a small/med mines each. Place the mines on the breakers, and non-exploders don't have a chance - if they get hulls, then they cannot tp in to instant-kill so you can just run away and if they dont get any hull then the mines will get them. I know it is hard to get your allies to use a new strategy, but that is Btanks - adapt or die.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
qweqqweq Wrote:2. make the tinker like the trader so that they can no longer carry a weapon or hull. Instead only let them use items the trader can. The reason I don't think tinkers should be allowed to carry hulls is because it only encourages tinker noobs to play him the whole game.

biggest BS i ever read here... Tinker is part of the Game.. there are n00b Tinkers like n00b Tanks.. what are you -.-

@ Topic

in a -no exploder mode

there should be no explosives, so that no Tank/Tinker what ever can use it.. everything else has nothing to do with -no exploder aka Kamikaze

^.^
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,623 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  kick system/exploder Helge_F 2 2,552 2011-05-06, 18:53:15
Last Post: TKF
  Exploder Erwin_Rommel 16 8,132 2011-01-25, 18:18:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Get exploder back into metagame. Erwin_Rommel 13 6,134 2010-05-25, 01:49:48
Last Post: jonjon