Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-grav Exploder 0.0
I have been noticing that even in no exploder mode people seem to bypass that boundary and try to suicide hero kill enemy tanks anyway. Sure exploder is the best at it but maybe there all alternatives that need to be looked at. Anti-grav a relatively under-used tank seems to have a remarkably good spell set at getting extremely close to an enemy. Im wondering that it would might be able to use the anti-gravs abilities as a decent exploder build. For instance jump functions almost the same as teleport. Emp torpedoes stun for a long time at high levels. And also you could easily use dimension rift on an enemy hero and get close to him with ease. Seeing the anti-gravs hp long range stuns like the heavy tank missle and lava shot wont usually kill it in one hit. Im suprised ive never actally seen an anti-grav exploder before and the idea might be taken into consideration Confusedhock: .
shhhhhh! dont encourage people to do that... i dont really wantto see that kind of strat kicks in... it will not be pretty...
people can also get tinker+explosives to be an exploder in no exploder mode. personally i think u shouldnt be able to buy explosives in no exploder mode Big Grin
The problem is that you're still vulnerable while jumping. So if they have enough firepower then they can kill u mid jump. The torps require you getting too close. Lastly... the rift could end up protecting them. If you rift and sit by them and one of their team mates tele and snipes you before the rift runs out. So... the reason why you haven't seen it is that it's a poor substitute. It's still better than being telebreakered and the Jump works well if they went all short range (common tactic).

I still prefer the Trade ship over the anti-grav. Outrun slows the enemy so you can position on top of them. You have Shadow-run to catch them & barrier as back up. Of course... I usually just lay mines in all the terrain rather than suicide.
I agree the exploder item should be disabled when the tank is disabled. However, I don't think that the anti-grav is a good pick for the exploder for all the reasons that were just said. Additionally, the tinker is better b/c it does have a teleport ability which is ideal and it has 200 hp so it can die instantly, which is also ideal. Lastly, the tinker can be putting modules in towers and building towers between suicides. While that doesn't really matter all that much, it's better than nothing. Mine laying is also a good strat. IMO though, you either need to save to switch over to a strong tank or get 3 factories and upgrade your troops really high if its mid, rather than late game.
Another thing I noticed is the Anti Grav accelerate bypasses tele breaker, so people get the anti grav if they were exploding and the other team got tele breaker...
um... a "teleport" breaker stops u from "teleporting" not from anti-grav "jumping?"? Big Grin
Basically yeah.Big Grin
well in serious game mostly nobody plays exploder unless he doesnt want to get flamed.
Also, in no exploder mode in pubs its mostly written at start and everybody joined the game because they simply dont have the intention to play exploder.
if it is not written and chosen I play tinker exploder on purpose.Big Grin
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
:shock:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shredder Exploder Jason 5 7,922 2013-01-26, 17:53:33
Last Post: Jason
  Anti Camping Althend 13 10,022 2010-07-30, 00:52:57
Last Post: AGGInator
  When choose the Anti Grav??? KingofdaKingz 19 11,662 2008-04-10, 01:39:14
Last Post: RedNova