Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When choose the Anti Grav???
I always buy the Anti Grav at the beginning with the Glaive Cannon and when i´ve got 4500 k I buy the Airship.^^ But the same strategy every game sucks a little bit.^^ I wanted to know what you do when you buy the Anti Grav at the beginning?(weapons, later tanks)
Mfg KodK

Sry wegen meinem Englisch bin halt Deutscher^^
i think the antigrav is only useful as starttank, its skills are too weak for mid- or lategame usage, so your only alternative is to chose light tan, demolisher or helicopter at startSmile

p.s. die meisten anderen könnens auch nicht viel besser, hauptsache man verstehtsSmile
No Support via PM!!
well buying the antigrav at midgame might not be that bad, when u got a hull and troop command+short range wepon, u can defeat fatter tanks also, and it´s ulti is helping u, that u won´t die often
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
Ah! A topic that sounds similar in words with "When choose the Demolisher"

I rarely chooses Anti grav. It's a fine start tank. Also you may buy it after 4-5 min if you're tinker with Energy Torpedo/Electro Cannon, giving it nice firepower. But rather not later.
I never considered buying the Anti Grav, since I don't think that its skills and the higher amount of hp (1,5k, right?) can make up for the fact that you have to get a cheaper weapon, especially if it is low range, that doesn't suit my style of playing. I might go for it next time after having played with a tinker and an e-cannon or a tc, perhaps the jump thingy and tc work together ;-)
When you got the shaft in a game and can hardly put a dent in the enemy juggernaut tanks, the Antigrav's ultimate does a good job of screwing them over...
yep the ultimate does reduce the current health of 25%!! At level 1!

So a 6600 hp heavy tank loses 1650 hp! That's a lot!'

I think the % should increase for each level, instead of being 25% on all levels; Otherwise I won't level it more than lv1 and prioritize it, cuz only the additional time I don't find it worth additional 10 mana cost.
And I think you're insane. Some cheapass 1,500 tank shouldn't even be able to take 5,000 HP from an Infernal Robot in addition to stopping it completely for five seconds even. This ultimate needs to be nerfed in damage and duration against the bigger tanks, and somewhat increased against the weaker ones.

Remember the formula: Bigger tank = bigger abilities, NOT smaller tanks = bigger abilities
I was thinking on more like 6% of current hp pr level.

lv 5 ulti skill can be learned on lv 22, so I doubt that many people will use Anti Grav on that level.
I dont think the 25% thing is a problem.
1st: it is 25% of the current life, not the max life. U cant kill a tank whith this.
2nd: AG is weak in life. U can kill him easy whith the Specials from other tanks.
3rd: If u increase its Life whith Hulls the tanks efective costs rises to the sky.
For a AG whith a upgraded Goldhull u pay 9k Gold and get a Tank whith something about 8k life and a weak amor.
So for 5.5k u get a HT with the same life and stronger amor.

Because of that cheap tanks are never cheap in mid or lategame. so their Ultis should not kept weak in the higher levels.

By the way the damage is not the strong part of the phaseshift. I upgrade it allways to the max, because the shift time allows you to completely change the creep situation, so that the enemy gets surrounded by creeps while he cant move or attac

If u are a teamplayer u can play an AG until the end.

Use the jump to get heavyly damaged tanks down. And use PhaseShift to reduce the active fighting enemys to kill them one after one (together with ur mates).

Just like the Shredder the AG can be VERY useful in teamplay.

So ANDIGRAV rocks.
Wehr Rächtschreibfeler findet darf sie behallten.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!
I have a hard time playing well with this tank. I rarely chooses the AG. I prefer the light tank cuz you get 1000 hp for only 800 gold, you get 200 extra hit points. I choose demolisher more often than the AG cuz it's mining skills and artillery is quite effective against exploders and tinkers at start. You can put mines on the country sides there the enemy exploder use to go and get a free kill for blowing up the exploder who try to ambush you or others. AG is more a support tank that provides with 2 multiple target spells. EMP skill does attack everything withing 900 range and stuns. The plasma bombardment provide damage to units in a small area. Shift skill is meant to freeze the enemy in order to catch up with it and jump skill can be used in right moment to get a safe kill and catch up with an injured tank. It can also be used to escape deadly situations if you escape early enough.

psycho_dmr Wrote:I think the Anti Grav is only useful as start tank, its skills are too weak for mid- or lategame usage, so your only alternative is to chose light tank, demolisher or helicopter at startSmile
I does also agree with this statement. It's not recommended late game tank, such as with the other start tanks as well.
I think it would be great if Antigrav was mid-late game tank. His skills allow him to realize a melee-fighting strategy like jump-stun-troopcommand + low range weapons. But starting with low range weapons in the beginning he is unable to kill even a helicopter that is keeping safe distance with 1000-range weapons. So when time passes the Antigrav has much less money than helicopter has because helicopter used to kill other players with ranged abilities and AG used to creep only. This tactics only applies when playing against noobs, but not against skilled players(even those who still cannot beat me when I play heli). And this bothers me because this is potentially very strong tactic!
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Actually you can buy the molotov cocktail that can compete with a heli in medium range combat. It has 950 range. Glaive thrower have shorter range.
TKF Wrote:Actually you can buy the molotov cocktail that can compete with a heli in medium range combat. It has 950 range. Glaive thrower have shorter range.
Yes, I can, but it is less effective than Glaive. Molotov coctail does not fit in a tactic I described with two reasons: 1) Lesser damage/cost ratio; 2) too long distance makes weapon less effective in close combat because far standing creeps also act like a shield against my weapon. The longer range of the weapon the more effective creep-shield is!
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
The porblem about the AG is that he has a relative high cost for some medium skills and decent start hp. Well about the weapon to choose im going to stray away from Glaive (preferrable before molotov because of higher dps and nice low range) - whats about a MultiBow then tele, fast killing some creeps grading bow make a lot of money.... then maybe get a second one or get FireArrows directly (pwn in close combat more then SR) and actually fit the Muktibow better :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thats my suggestionIdea :!:

PS.: You can also use him in endgame as a exploder ... since you can NOT teleport into enemy base but actually jump.... nice for some finish ofs... for this i recommend u a speedpack 5 huge explosives and if u have toooo much gold get ultipack and/or factories and upgrades for team....

PPS.: For AG as exploder u can look my replay... I plaed him extremly bad but it worked Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
This is a signature .... believe it! -or not (that's your problem)

"Ich denke also Spinn ich!" (Spiderman, nach William Shakespear)

Rechtschreibefehler sind gewollt und enthalten iene geheime Formel um Wasser in Bier zu verwandeln. AdÜ
OMG You people suck at anti-grav. Not one of you mentioned using a Huge Mine with it.
My late game anti-grav build consists of 2 gold hulls or a power pack (at least half the HP of your opponent), 3 strong weps with adequate range and the huge mine.

Assuming that none of you lag and are playing locally:
- you use the leap ability to get close
- stun the opponent (stun duration allows time to think)
- ulti your opponent
- then quickly drop a mine next to him
- jump out if you're in danger or stick around to complete the kill.

An alternate way is to stun, then mine, then ulti. Increases the chance of the mine going off.

The ulti will allow the mine to be activated (3 secs) and do the 25%, the mine explosion will handle the rest.
It will instant kill anything up to a sky tank (assuming they're 100% health).
I've easily tanked a frost like this.

The only downfall to this strategy is that if you're being teamed, you're screwed.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
The only things great about the grav tank is it's jump capabilities and ultimate, two things that cannot be mimicked by any other chassis. The jump ability is useful as a "cheap" teleport of sorts, able to get the drop on unsuspecting opponents. For this very reason, the grav tank is better played as a short range tank, using the jump and it's high HP (start game) to get close to a lone tank and wreck him over. Double it with it's stun spell (EMP) and you can possibly make any tank go boom, provided you have better damage weapons (and short range weapons usually are).

The ultimate however is the best thing you can get on the grav tank. Thing is you have to be lvl 10 to use it. That is probably why most people switch to it later, though I would not recommend it. The ultimate does damage, but it is not it's true calling (even though 25% is incredibly nice), it's true prupose is to wrech the situation for the victim. Usually, people figth with a bunch of creeps for cover. If you can, in 2-3 seconds, destroy every creep near the victim, and get a few of your own near (either troop command or the usual creeps), and position yourself near the guy, he's screwed, totally. Here's why:

-No creep cover: Means he's the sole target.
-Multiple enemy targets: You won't be the targets of his shots, thereby extending your life manyfold.
-Get close: You are a short range grav tank rigth? Usually getting close is the hardest part. Not anymore. You might consider using your jump to get close, especially if you froze the guy above a mesa or the other side of a forest.
-You can use your EMP after the stasis: thereby extending his helpless state, but this time vulnerable to weapon fire. This is quite hard to get the timing right. Practice makes perfect.

The only possible way to survive such a trap is to promptly use AoE spells to clear our creeps, teleport out, having help or being just plain stronger than the other guy.

A note on the jump ability: You still get attacked while mid air, and could die as soon as you land (or even mid-air). You cannot jump over mines without triggering them. But you CAN jump into the enemy base (whereas it is impossible to teleport in), making the grav tank a nice endgame exploder (coupled with a radial stun spell, like the explo).

Dont bother with the first spell, it's not worth it. Usually only use it when i'm at the end of the aforementionned trap, because I had to spend a skill point in it late game.
Last time i played it, it was no more possible to jumpe in enemy baseSad
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Damn. That means the only way to get ordinance into the base is by moving. A heli loaded with explosives and a smoke generator would make a snug replacement for Grav tank and explo then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti Camping Althend 13 9,994 2010-07-30, 00:52:57
Last Post: AGGInator
  Anti-grav Exploder 0.0 UnifiedDoom 9 7,867 2008-10-05, 18:50:45
Last Post: Shift1
  When Choose the Demoliser? TKF 25 16,977 2008-01-11, 01:09:29
Last Post: Batto