Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specialty Mines
EMP Mines
--------------------------------
Cost: 3500
Duration: 2 seconds
Description: A small Electromagnetic Pulse that disables all motorized ground vehicles movement in a 250 range

Sludge Barrel

Duration: 3-5 seconds
Description: A small barrel which when triggered releases a super sticky sludge that slows enemy movement speed by 50 (or whichever amount would work best) for 3-5 seconds

Snare Trap

Duration: 2 seconds
Description: A spring loaded snare that entraps flying vehicles that pass over it

*Note*
These are just ideas I had and don't know if they would be plausible, or able to be balanced.
Well the sludge barrel sounds too weak for its cost. I think the numbers need to be adjusted
yeah, im not too good with balance and shit, I was just spit balling ideas
Those sound like a lot of fun! I play a miner all the time, so it would be fun to have a little more variety in there. This would add a lot more support strategies to that role as well, so I think it would be good. Still, I'm biased, since I use mines so oftenBig Grin
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
I'd rather see them as tank skills rather than as items.
sounds nice. but what about adding a tank only for mines? it could have this item mines as skills-just an idea^^
the idea is good so far,but balances must be done befor-slugde barrel is realy weak for 3500
i hop the mappers think about it =)
Hmm mines already kill games...i would hate to see more mines..used in bt
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
maybe the could be a option at custom mode like "high bounty" there is a option "more mines" or "Specialty Mines"
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
i would like to have 1 kind of special mines added to the game, either purchasable or as a (new) tanks skill.

and mines cant kill games, because they are just part of the game. deal with it bennie.
'Deal with it' isn't a great balancing argument. I personally think that if you implement this, the least you can do is put the three damage mines on the same cooldown. Same with the slower/stoppers. Just so there's two types of mines and you have to pick one. It's already sometimes very hard to get into an enemy base if they have a miner there. With slower, movement stoppers and all that it'll be near impossible.
i didnt say that it must not be balanced.

i said mines are part of the game, because:

BENNIE.FM Wrote:Hmm mines already kill games...i would hate to see more mines..used in bt

mines dont kill games. mines kill tanks who cant deal with mines.
Which is pretty much of all them when you're besieging an enemy base. Except the flying ones, and perhaps infernal. A mine-killing thingie has too long a cooldown and too small a radius to be very effective. There's a minimum closeness between mines anyway.
and mines cant kill games, because they are just part of the game. deal with it bennie.[/quote]

This is a place to make suggestions?Thats my suggestions don't add more mines i don't need to deal with anything.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I liked all these item ideas. Balance and implement if you ask me.
Trolololo
But I think this mines dont kill people direct, because they deal no damage. So the area effect of slow could be a bit bigger. ^^

Here is no suggestion to plant ultra huge damage mines, just little stuns and so on. I think it is a good idea, but I dont know if they are really usefull for that price and using one slot.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Mines don't kill people... III DOOOO!!!!

all kidding aside... they're double edged and using the detonation pack you can blow up the opposite team. THe cooldown is reasonable you just don't blow up the mines cause you see them. You blow up the mines strategically to wound the other players when they run back to base.... mines do half to to allies. Then use a range skill to steal the kill.
SCorpA1 Wrote:maybe the could be a option at custom mode like "high bounty" there is a option "more mines" or "Specialty Mines"
look at this. maybe its an agreement...
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
@kitty
I wrote "this" mines, not mines dont killWink
I meant the 3 suggestet mines at the beginning of the post.^^ That are just slowing or stunning mines, which deal no damage Smile
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
This sounds great. Recently the game has lacked supporter roles, it's just fight fight fight.
Do not forget that the teleport breakers are a kind-of mine too (with a really big AOE).
Since nobody should be dumb enough to get caught by the same once twice
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mines VuDu 14 5,487 2009-10-27, 16:05:59
Last Post: Paladon