Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.73 kick system]
As many has noticed in the 8.73 version, its pretty much easier to kick players than before. However many seems to kick players with 0:3 or worse stats as fast as possible in many games and ruin that players chance to balance his stats and enforce his loss of points. The kicking is more frequent and it's not hard to get 4 players to vote against to remove a player to gain advantage at start. I think this is being abused a lot in the btanks games and players with bad start is shown no mercy by those players who has a love using this command.

I've seen players using kick command often and I think it should be a bit harder to kick. Having good K:D ratio and dying fast 3, 4 times in succession makes you quite vulnerable to get kicked if your team doesn't like you. This provides a problem since the new kick system doesn't take your kills into account and it's pretty easy to start a kick vote and encourage your team to get rid of a teamplayer.

I felt that it was to hard to kick players in the 8.72 version, in 8.73 i feel it's a bit to easy to kick. What do you think?
TKF Wrote:I felt that it was to hard to kick players in the 8.72 version, in 8.73 i feel it's a bit to easy to kick. What do you think?

I have the same feeling but i like the new system more :?
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
It was too hard in 8.72 but too easy in 8.73 ^__^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Not so much a bug but more of a point system failure. Apparently with the penalties for deaths in succession basically EVERYONE on the losing team is kickable, my team spent half the game trying to kick me (which was fine i guess since i spent most of the game 2K 10D 10A) but then the kicks for the rest of our team became elligable since yellow (13K 11D ?A) was kickable as well. In fact our LEAD PLAYER League-Gamer (Purple) only needed 3 VOTES to be kicked at 26K 16D ?A, something it seriously broken, now perfectly good players can be kicked simply for being on the losing team. Purple's kick might have had something to do with the 2 minutes he spent afk but still the point elligibility for kick is horribly inflated. I know this kick system went into the Beta phase but in Beta all of the players that would get kicked were either afk or had horribly bad stats, nobody would bother trying to kick the players with positive K/D ratios.

-I know the consecutive death thing was added to be able to kick noobs before they ruin the game, but every solution has its own set of problems eh?

Attached Files
.w3g   kick system failure.w3g (Size: 1.32 MB / Downloads: 194)
Hmm i made a topic like this too in bug reports I very strongly agree that it's way to easy to get kicked in this version.
/Merged both threads

As it has been mentioned, the whole point of the new system is, that even the best player of the team can be kicked, when he starts to feed. As you might have guessed, with this design every player should be kickable, even when contributed a lot to your team before.
It's true that, on the losing side players tend to die more often and thus, become more probable to be kicked. I'm still amazed how fast people agree to kick someone from their team, just because one player is insisting on it.

I already adjusted the values a little bit, to make kicking a little more difficult. But seeing this topic again and considering the last game I played myself, I may think about another change to the kick system.
People tend to enter the kick command pretty often, when the kick wasn't successful. They do this until people are annoyed enough to agree at last. Until now, there is this one minute block, that prevents that a kick can be started against this player again in this time frame. Maybe this should be changed into a one minute block for the player starting the kick, so he can't enter it again in this time frame. And to discourage using this command even more, the time should double every time he uses it.

Maybe this could help to cut down the absurdly high kick usage.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Maybe the system can changed to the 8.72 version till a good system is developed.

I was kicked for 0-3 stats, in my opinion that isnt feeding at all. Played only 10 minutes, nice!

Attached Files
.w3g   Kick.w3g (Size: 373.62 KB / Downloads: 201)
legen_dary2.0 Wrote:Maybe the system can changed to the 8.72 version till a good system is developed.

I was kicked for 0-3 stats, in my opinion that isnt feeding at all. Played only 10 minutes, nice!
it'S not the fault of the system but the players abusing it on wrong situations. xD
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
I like the way the kick system is now, but I think it's to blunt to kick a player with a 0-3 stat and all players agrees to kick him just after 10 minutes. I think it should be a minimum death amount, maybe a value of 6 or 7, and deaths must be higher than kills to be kickable. Also make it so it's not that easy to kick a player and decrease the formula or whatever since good players which have a hard time playing against a good lane player with better day have the very unfortunate accident being excommunicated by your entire team just to get the 4v5 advantage is just silly.

I agree with Exodus that something should be done. Doubling the kick delay everything sounds like a good idea, but doesn't necessary solve this problem when since many are kicked on first instance.

Well if everyone likes to kick someone, let them do that. Example: I think a player with 24-11 stats should be kicked cuz he dies 4 times in a row, maybe cuz he saving for frost and all votes him out. Or 0-3 for that matter. That's cold and bad sportmanship.

I know it's to prevent good players which starts to feed on purpose asap being able to be kicked of the team. But I think you need to die 1 or 2 more time before triggering this.
hi just wondering why am i seeing poeple with postive stats getting kicked out of league games ?so odd
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Quote:The kick system now only uses two factors. The Afk time and the penalty received for deaths. The general point system is still the same, you need 50 points to kick a player and one vote is worth 10 points.
When you die, a certain amount is added to these point account. The start value is 4 and will be increased by 1 for each death. This system is designed in a way, that these go down to their start value in 3 minutes (only in case of one death). When you die in this time frame, it takes longer for those values to go down to their start values again. The faster you die, the faster the value rises.
Each minute you are afk adds 5 five points to your account.

Why bother reading the changelog Confusedhock:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,244 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  AFK counter vs kick system with less players / re-kick timer / multi-afk griffin1987 1 2,681 2014-01-23, 00:46:23
Last Post: Exodus
  Explosives and kick penalty ichwillrotsein 2 3,272 2013-01-21, 00:14:59
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  5 min kick starting afker issue, it was 3 min before AeroniumX 0 1,939 2013-01-06, 01:18:25
Last Post: AeroniumX
  kick system LoveComesAgain 53 34,467 2012-10-22, 04:33:19
Last Post: UnifiedDoom