Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
kick system
this suck why i cant kick 0-18???????????????????>..................... he finished with 1-19 and still cant kick

http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=12933
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
Quote:The kick system now only uses two factors. The Afk time and the penalty received for deaths. The general point system is still the same, you need 50 points to kick a player and one vote is worth 10 points.
When you die, a certain amount is added to these point account. The start value is 4 and will be increased by 1 for each death. This system is designed in a way, that these go down to their start value in 3 minutes (only in case of one death). When you die in this time frame, it takes longer for those values to go down to their start values again. The faster you die, the faster the value rises.
Each minute you are afk adds 5 five points to your account
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2011-04-17, 23:38:58)eSVau Wrote: The kick system now only uses two factors. The Afk time and the penalty received for deaths. The general point system is still the same, you need 50 points to kick a player and one vote is worth 10 points.
When you die, a certain amount is added to these point account. The start value is 4 and will be increased by 1 for each death. This system is designed in a way, that these go down to their start value in 3 minutes (only in case of one death). When you die in this time frame, it takes longer for those values to go down to their start values again. The faster you die, the faster the value rises.
I read it twice and still don't understand. I guess you want to tell that all is working as intended with the kick system (i.e. no bug) but I think that someone with 0-18 should be kickable nevertheless! Perhaps if we introduce some more kicksystem output details, the system can be tuned by players a LOT better, since currently quite no-one really understands it.
What about a command like -details to show kicksystem calculations and factors to players when a kick vote is initiated? (Implement as a command to avoid screen flooding.) That would make it FAR more clear how it works.
I don't know the exact value but to keep it simple:

1. a death will raise your kickable-value (kv)
  2. with a death the value raising your kv will be raise too (that means the next death will be penaltized even more than the death before)
  3. time will decrease your kv
  4. time will decrease the value raising your kv

There is a difference in dying ten times within 10 minutes or ten times within 1 hour - one is kickable the other not.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Well, thank you for the explainaition, I think I get it now. Still, what about my suggestion to make the system more transparent to players?
At each kick, show a note along with the kick announcement: Type -details for kick system explaination
And there, show the current kick value of the player in question, and how it was calculated, etc.
The thing is, that even with the numbers, players won't be able to understand the kick system, without the explanation that has been given here.

As for the reason why the kick might not have been possible, is that the deaths of the player happened too long ago. To be able to kick, you have to start the vote right after the player died, to get the best chance for a succesfull kick. I can't get more specific without a replay. There might still be problems, but until now I haven't seem one.

As for the kick details. I thought about a message, that warns players, when they can be kicked, because of too many deaths. But enabling such information for the whole team just might promote the kick too much, as they should not happen on a regular basis.

This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2011-04-18, 21:11:49)Exodus Wrote: The thing is, that even with the numbers, players won't be able to understand the kick system, without the explanation that has been given here.

As for the reason why the kick might not have been possible, is that the deaths of the player happened too long ago. To be able to kick, you have to start the vote right after the player died, to get the best chance for a succesfull kick. I can't get more specific without a replay. There might still be problems, but until now I haven't seem one.

As for the kick details. I thought about a message, that warns players, when they can be kicked, because of too many deaths. But enabling such information for the whole team just might promote the kick too much, as they should not happen on a regular basis.

just show a warning to the player who can be kicked?
this could give them a chance to cool down & play more defensive
(2011-04-18, 23:37:52)stibi- Wrote: just show a warning to the player who can be kicked?
+1
http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=13021

Still problem with kick system. (bt something player lb)

2-27 the whole game doing nothing but staying in base.

I think it needs some change againConfused

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Yeah. Maths is totally not important if we can't kick for example 0-10 guy with 5lvl after 20 minutes of game. Kick system has to be remade. It sux hard.
My opinion on the kicking system:

The system is kinda ridiculous. U might have 18 - 2 stats, then u get 20 - 9 stats cuz the enemy kills in team focus, then u get kicked before u could afford frost robot and trying to tell ur team u are 600 gold short from frost. That's really lame they all kicks you and that's bad sportmanship!!! Well this is the only main weakness in the current system.

People who idle with 2 - 3 stats and has low level is also a problem when they idle and move around and avoid battle and does not help the team at all. Maybe there should be somehow be possible to measure extreme low level, but that will put the tinker and exploder in bad position.

Suggestion: Not earning experience in 2 min, could add a negative counter which add towards being kicked, but drastically drops back to 0 when you start to earn experience. But make a own variable which stores this value, or else it might be unfair permanent in case the player was just afk 3-4 min and contributing 100% again.
i try at least to understand the math ??
thoughts about the description:

1) the game starts u have 50 points(and this number rises) 4 votes can never kick u ?

2) u start with 0 points then u die get 4 points die after a min again u have 9 points so on... but if u have more than 40 points u cant be kicked ?! because 4 votes arent 50 points ?

4) increase means decrease ? so after 3 deaths in a row ure number is under 40 so u can be kicked ?

nothing makes sense, please explain this :
Quote:The kick system now only uses two factors. The Afk time and the penalty received for deaths. The general point system is still the same, you need 50 points to kick a player and one vote is worth 10 points.

in an example with numbers
Ok then, I'll try to explain this.

Each player starts with 0 points on his own kick account. The threshold for a successful kick is 50, while a vote from a single player is worth 10 points (assuming there are 5 players in your team).
When trying to kick a specific player, the points from the votes and the points from the kick account are added up.

This means, you can't kick a player, who has no points on this account. There are only two factors influencing this account: the afk time and the players deaths.

When you die, a death penalty is added to your kick account. In the current version, this value is set initially to 2.5 (so the 4 is outdated). After that, this penalty is increased by 1. So if you die again right after that, a penalty of 3.5 is added to your account.
Both the penalty value and the points on your account decrease with time (points added from being afk are excluded from this). The system is designed in a way, that both of these values reach their initial state after 3 minutes. If you happen to die again in this time frame, both values are increased again and now take longer to decrease to their initial state.

We chose the time of 3 minutes, because that's the average time between two deaths in the league.

You get 5 points on your kick account for each minute your are afk.

As you might have guessed, a kick is first possible, when you have 10 points on your kick account. Your team needs four yes votes to kick you then. With 20 points on the account, they only need 3 votes, etc. The kick account is limited at 40 points, since one vote is required to be able to kick (obviously).

I hope this clears things up a little.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
<- get it thx a lot u should pin this poset to the kicksystem for everyoneSmile

btw 4 was too hard 2.5 seems to be too low how about trying 3 in the next versionWink
Actually, it is too hard to kick.... I had to wait until a guy had 1 11 to be able to kick him even if he did shit from the start (buying troop at 400 gold to fight all the time)....

Can you ad a gold component?

For example a factor that is the sum of "wasted gold on item" (for exemple gold lost on consuming item, selling item); comapre it to average wasted gold of the team and then if this ratio is too high, it makes the player kickable?

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Yeah, this is broken. I just got kicked with a 20-17 record.
[Image: clipboard01zu.jpg]
(coult not kick any1 of them)

i liked it the way it was before
(2011-05-02 00:20:31)Exodus Wrote:  Ok then, I'll try to explain this.

Each player starts with 0 points on his own kick account. The threshold for a successful kick is 50, while a vote from a single player is worth 10 points (assuming there are 5 players in your team).
When trying to kick a specific player, the points from the votes and the points from the kick account are added up.

This means, you can't kick a player, who has no points on this account. There are only two factors influencing this account: the afk time and the players deaths.

When you die, a death penalty is added to your kick account. In the current version, this value is set initially to 2.5 (so the 4 is outdated). After that, this penalty is increased by 1. So if you die again right after that, a penalty of 3.5 is added to your account.
Both the penalty value and the points on your account decrease with time (points added from being afk are excluded from this). The system is designed in a way, that both of these values reach their initial state after 3 minutes. If you happen to die again in this time frame, both values are increased again and now take longer to decrease to their initial state.

We chose the time of 3 minutes, because that's the average time between two deaths in the league.

You get 5 points on your kick account for each minute your are afk.

As you might have guessed, a kick is first possible, when you have 10 points on your kick account. Your team needs four yes votes to kick you then. With 20 points on the account, they only need 3 votes, etc. The kick account is limited at 40 points, since one vote is required to be able to kick (obviously).

I hope this clears things up a little.
eSVau, I think you don't need to quote that explanation of the kick system every time one complains about a guy not being kickable.

We DO understand how it is working, but (I guess) people try to say that the system needs improvement. They don't mean "explain me why he is not kickable" but "what is your comment on the fact this player is not kickable" or "the system must be changed in a way so that such a player will be kickable in future versions".
exactly
i cant even remember what we were complaining about "back in the days" / why it was changed drastically

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,252 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  AFK counter vs kick system with less players / re-kick timer / multi-afk griffin1987 1 2,683 2014-01-23, 00:46:23
Last Post: Exodus
  Explosives and kick penalty ichwillrotsein 2 3,276 2013-01-21, 00:14:59
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  5 min kick starting afker issue, it was 3 min before AeroniumX 0 1,941 2013-01-06, 01:18:25
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Retarded clan members abusing the retarded kick system Teo_live 12 10,186 2012-09-05, 00:59:36
Last Post: Perfektionist