Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guard Question
Does the passive healing aura the guard puts out when rooted stack with other healing auras from other guards?
from the chenge log of v 8.34
Guards don't heal each other when rooted.
Correct me if Im wrong, but didn´t a mapper say it does stack, but not for other guards i Suppose. (long long time ago ^^)

That means with 3 guards the 2 auras of the other guards would´t stack on you, but a friendly non guard tank receive all 3. :?:
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
would you really want 40% of your team rooted? It'd be better for the team to buy one guard and one factory. Both stack and you get a tactical advantage of cp teles and creeps. Also the creep damage aura from the guard stacks with the troop command damage aura.
Has anyone got some experience with guards that play without rooting themselves? E.G. just using their ultimate and that weird heal friendly tank spell + basic cannon?

I know the burst dmg sucks but the heal might work out for the team. I'd like to try that once I'm back but any suggestions are welcomeSmile
The casting delay that's now on the ultimate limits it's uses. Also rooting has 3 abilities associated with it: Treants, Creep Buff + Self heal... so if you by pass the skill you'll actually pass 3 in one. The other heal spell only works on other tanks you can't cast it on yourself. If you have decent support you'll have a pretty lame heal. I'd rather use a high level rune carver on a scout than the heal on the guard... it's that bad >.<

Edit: btw... my favorite way to use the guard is much like a trader... load a factory, then troop command, then a seige pack, a hull, orbital control... and possibly a 1k range weapon... but more likely a stack of telebreakers.
Problem with guard without root is it's move speed... Guard is SOOOOOOO fuckin slow, it's not even funny. If you would go without root... you will find yourself chased and dead everytime... While being root on the other side, people got to think twice about going for you as you heal, you have treants popping and your creeps do more damage... So yeah, your call but I don't see guard working that way.
NoobStrike Wrote:t's move speed... Guard is SOOOOOOO fuckin slow

buy..a speed pack ^^
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question: Frost Robot: Arctic Aura psycodiver 3 4,413 2014-01-14, 15:44:10
Last Post: psycodiver
  Question: Transparent Armor & Negator Pack psycodiver 1 3,176 2013-12-21, 11:36:57
Last Post: eSVau
  Guard Strategy Discussion aimc 6 6,709 2012-01-18, 01:19:21
Last Post: aimc
  [Tutorial] Guard fighter Althend 8 8,035 2011-12-27, 22:29:28
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Question about items that attack multiple units Effess 6 6,974 2010-10-05, 17:54:37
Last Post: AGGInator