Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal / Critical Errors
I just registered to reply to that
The bug occured at my last 3 games and it always happenend when someone(me) used the earthquake of the earth robot
hope this helps you to make a 8.54bb lol
I don't play with AI anymore, because I think that's a clue to avoiding fatal errors in 8.54b.
The only fatal errors I have ever gotten were either when playing with AI's or with LAI enabled. I just had a game with LAI on and the game encountered a fatal error before 10 minutes had passed. I can't remember if anyone had actually left yet and become an AI.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
I've just had a critical error. We had 5x5 game with two leavers(one in each side). And one player in Light Force was afk so was ai controlled. But I don't know what that player was doing when an error occurred. Perhaps he was fighting in a crowd of players on a right lane near LF base(as so did I). There were a lot of Scouts in game, one LT and one heli. AFK player had heli. All weapons used in the game at this moment were: Fireball Cannon, Bombarding Rocket, Electro Cannon, Artillery(ground mode actually) and Infernal Rocks(non-graded).
It seems that crash occurred at the exact moment when my infernal rock fired but didn't reach the target(it has huge cooldown so it is not hard to see when one projectile is fired). And, this fact I don't remember, but I think it was AI who was going to get the IR projectile. This situation looks similar to that I have described before here.
However I don't want to confuse anybody directing to a wrong way of reasoning so treat this carefully.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Late Game - Tinker as exploder. I had a heavytank. In the Moment my rocket hit the tinker he portet to me. At the moment I've killed him we had that critical error.Sad

Thats all i know. Maybe it helps
another fatal error:

Tinker with 3 energy torpedoes killed a demolisher. The crash happened the moment demolisher's death sound was heard.

edit: Sorry forgot to mention the demolisher was AI, that's probably the problem.
was playing a game, half way in. No tinkers, no exploader. I was using a hunter but can't say I directly caused the crash. There was a really good goblin tank and sky tank and the rest of the team was AI. I'll try more games with hunter to see if it keeps crahsing.
Btanks fan since version 4US
I don't know why it happened by I can fix it!
even if i played 8.52 (cuz i dont want the ai related errors) and i got a crit error i played 2v4 and all tanks were dead so it must be creep related
I've had a couple Fatal Errors, but even more when a bunch of the other players drop. I'm guessing they got the error. In one game with 9 players 8 of them drop at one time and leave me alone with all AI. A few minutes after playing with the AI "Fatal Error"!!!! We have gone back to 8.54b as 8.55 is not working.

Bob
making new version of bt seems no sense if 2 next are bugged by fatal errors.
Before making new versions was useful but present is useless. IMO
@Bob
Your real problem was a gamesplit. And also AI caused a crash after.
What can cause a game split would have been .exe versions. But i dont guess your .exes were different, probably you were playing in official server. Were you?
Trolololo
I've experienced fatal error on recently 2 games, and I believe that caused by explosive! In the fist time I met my first fatal error on 8.55 I saw opponent's exploder suicided and war3 crashed right after he blew up. In the second time I am the thinker who used a lot of explosive, in the end, my game also crashed right after I explode myself. However, everything seems right in a several explosions, but it will eventually crashed the game later on.
8.55B

the enemy had all raged so it was us vs 4AIs

I had a triple kill against an AI Lightening tank, earth robot and a Goblin tank it crashed the very moment the 3rd kill occured (these three kills were within a 2 second period) - I think it was the goblin tank that died last
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Hi,

me and a friend were playing online only in LAN mode (via lan emulator software) and nearly every game we played got a crit error and exited somewhere in between 30min onwards into the game. We were at first on 8.55, then rolled back to 8,53b in case it was Hunter related. No luck.

We had at all times full games, 5v5 filled with everything from insane to easy AI's. Only me and my friend were the human players. I'd say a ratio of 3:4 games went fatal, and we played maybe 10+ games.

IMO you should look into the AI feature, because i never played online with only humans when things went fatal, its always when there's an AI involved in my experience. Either as -lai, -afkAI or as a bot from the start. Ofc, then it's the next step to figure out exactly what the AI does that makes the game crash so randomly.Smile Because it's probably not random at all when you find the reason... :p

I also got fatals when trying out exploder and trader or different strategies etc, at which time I was the only human player in the game.

(Note that the Lan emulator is not the reason for crashing, it's been stable with all other games I've run it with, and I've run it with wc3's other custom maps too, without problems.)
for this many crashes it almost has to be an ai trigger code looking for a variable that's not there. if it's not i'd be suprised.

edit... any code that could be screwed up with more than 1 ai dead at the same time is highly suspect to me...
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
it is 100% sure that AI's can cause fatal errors, work is going on for that. nobody can guarantee the next version is fatal-error-free, but im looking forward to improve BT in that way soon.
Only 1 AI can cause error too. So it is less likely to be about multi AI dead condition. (But might be another crash reason, we dont know if there is 1 reason or more than 1 reason.)
But what I see is, it only occurs when a player kills an AI. I play 5v5 AI practices. And it never happens when AI kills another AI or player... I hope this is a clue.
Trolololo
Just got out of a game that resulted in fatal error, this time on bnet. a player went afk for more then 5min and got controlled by AI. Also a friend went afkai for brb'ing for toilet, it wasnt more then a few minutes before the the game crashed. Incidently this time it wasn't hunter related, i was on skytank fighting with two heavy tanks, one which were controlled by the afkai. we fought vs an exploder and an air ship for the left cp on team 1, and as soon as the exp teleported and exploded the game crashed. He kinda missed though, we wouldn't 'of died, if that is of any essence...Smile
the explder causes a critical errors / gamecrashes when he explodes
tried several times in bnet & sp
I recently played 20+ games this past few days (around 12 of them ended up with crash) and I noticed critical error popping up right after AI got kiled and just before the message "who killed who" was displayed - the explode animation of dying AI started and crash happened; I don't think it's particular tank-related bug, I saw crashes after killing Frost Robot, ET, Tinker, Scout, LT and Ghost

hope this helpsSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug [8.80c] Offroad Engine Hangup - Critical Bug AeroniumX 0 2,582 2015-06-29, 21:24:38
Last Post: AeroniumX