Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Robot still imba in 8.48?
BTW, this tank is overpowered as of right now... Compare his ult to virtually any other tank and you will quickly realize how powerful this is...

Also, I don't feel like his ult should smack flying tanks.

__edit by psy:
ok, after several ppl said that the new earth tank is imba, please use this thread to discuss it!
Currently, this tank is imba. The sky tank costs more and is weaker...
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
please dont use that tanks & items thread for imba discussion about tanksWink
No Support via PM!!
Never seen any imba earth tank, can you post a replay?
Well, I admit the earth robot is quite strong actually. With 2 skills which reduces damage taken from weapons (1 passive and 1 active), I think this tank for same reason as goblin tank should have 500 less hp or cost 500 more gold. Isn't that the reason why the goblin tank has 500 less health. Damage reduction skills? lv5 transparent armor is just like a free steel hull!

1 earth robot with 2 gold hulls + dmg reduction skills is almost impossible to kill, especially when he activate granite defense, which halves the damage!
I'm going to disagree, I do not think it's imbalanced.

It lacks a stun and it's dash ability is rather underwhelming. It's power is derived from it's damage reduction and it's speed manipulation (slowing itself to deal more, or slowing opponent's via Earthquake) are both give-and-take style abilities. Earthquake requires the Robot to stand still, and Granitic Armor slows it to a crawl. I find both skills to be powerful, but not anymore powerful than a Heavy Tank or Goblin Tank for their costs.

However, I do think a few tweaks couldn't hurt:
-Transparent Armor needs to be less transparent. At level 5 it's overly hidden and easily lost in the fray of combat. The Robot's style is supposed to be slow and tough, and the excessive stealth is unnecessary.
-Too fast. 300 Speed for a big rock golem? I think slowing it down to 270 would reduce a lot of the concerns about it. It then is a slow rock that lacks maneuverability and speed, which to me is what it seems to be.
I agree with Ycoseth

This tank isn´t imba.

Sometimes it is really strong in mass fights where he is nearly invulnerable for 5 seconds. At CP he is strong too.

But now the huge disadvantage. He is very slow in this 5 seconds and it is really hard to follow your enemy to kill him even with the shockwave skill of earth robot. You have no stun, so every enemy can portal away.
In 1 v 1 you nearly can´t kill your enemy. You need stun of an demon tank for example

Pls don´t slow the tank, without the stun he needs every little speed more,
and the transparency is maybe his best skillWink
the enmey often doesn´t know that you are int he fight (mass fights), so he think they will win and suddenly the hole team is dead.
When nerved this skill earth becomes nearly unplayable.

The ultimate:
Y it is a strong skill, much damage huge area and slow. But the problem you can´t kill enemy with it. So you must make the rest damage and this is not easy with the earth robot. Especially when you have earth robot soon later you have to fight against demon tanks. Durnign casting you cant follow your enemy, so allready a huge distance between robot and enemy.

In public games often somebody becomes imba, because he gots feeded or is much better then the other players. Means nothing about the tank
Captain-Iglu wo bist du^^
I will back this tank not being imba and a lack of a stun is of course the reason. The earthquake is decent and goes well with the concept of the tank, but as everyone knows a quick teleport out and your away clean. It is a close range tank that most people skip because for 1k less you get a 2 second stun of a goblin tank or for 2.5k more you get the demon tank which I see used far more often. On a team of 5 this tank is best for CP control. I have yet to see it be overpowered, only fed tanks really get overpowered.
ycoseth Wrote:it's dash ability is rather underwhelming.
The damage is but the range isn't... I as Abelzar said... CP control... Also it's very effective in seiging. I attached 2 replays but I don't think they'd be good arguments for it being imba since on the first one I had a trader and on the 2nd one the only decent person on the other team left. In particular about the 2nd one you'll notice I noob it up pretty hard and then just don't die as soon as I get the earth robot:

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

If I were to balance it out I'd probably up the damage reduction on the transparent armor by an extra 1% per lvl

Nerf the Granitic armor by 3% per lvl

And add a range component per lvl on the dust storm/dash. Cause for now I just throw in 1 pt and run the map and I don't need to choose btw the dash and damage reduction.

Lastly... if I really felt the need for a stun I could get a net launcher for a couple of hundred vs. the counter (teleporter) for 3k... But... for the most part I can dust storm behind a ground tank and block their pathing. Air tanks... a little more difficult but that's natural.

Attached Files
.w3g   Earth Robot.w3g (Size: 598.64 KB / Downloads: 161)
.w3g   Earth Robot no trader.w3g (Size: 565.01 KB / Downloads: 171)
In my Opinion its not imba. In Pro Games demons are the Tanks which are played . As a Earthrobot u have no chance against Demon tanks.
When u want to play BT come Channel Clan BuG or Clan BuG2Smile We are waiting for good games !

Moreover visit us on http://www.clanbug.kilu.deSmile

[Image: paint1bw2.jpg]
well i'm still trying to figure out exactly what the deal with this tank is. It's kind of like a heavy tank with a teleporter all rolled into one but with all it's abilities jumbled around. the rocket ability, the hail of rockets, and the building damaging ability of the mortars sort of got added to the new aoe spell. and yes, u do loose the stun but u get a slow instead which amounts to about the same thing. the two armor abilities replace the fortified armor. the teleport is shorter and harder to control, but it does aoe damage.

one thing i noticed which i thought was pretty hillarious was what happens when he walks over the dark side base's brown tile with level 5 armor. Confusedhock:

i think every team of 3 or more should maybe have one earth tank. i don't know if this tank does all that well against fast air ships though. is everyone sure this tanks ult hits air? i'll have to test that further. i could have sworn it didn't. i haven't made up my mind about the ET yet. it's definately not bad.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Frechheit Wrote:In my Opinion its not imba. In Pro Games demons are the Tanks which are played . As a Earthrobot u have no chance against Demon tanks.
Also earth robot have no stun, is just kind of a damage absorber tank less effective vs air tanks (Earthquake is ground only). I like it cuz of the 60% damage reduction skill. But I think it's fairly balanced. It's earthquake ability has huge AOE and does full damage to structures. It has nice teleport ability and passive skill.
'm definately with tkf on this. it's not a bad tank... it's damage reduction make it almost a necessity in a team battle. and i don't care if the demon tank is used more often. if i can kill tanks or buildings wtth it, that's all that matters! Smile
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth Bot Boobies 7 5,824 2012-02-28, 17:24:47
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Balancing Ghost Demon, Earth. Althend 26 16,634 2011-07-17, 20:59:10
Last Post: usman111
  gettin Imba Scythe1337 36 14,135 2010-01-24, 07:32:42
Last Post: mooneye
  earth robot's ability cooldown unpredictable_m 1 1,602 2009-11-07, 07:05:30
Last Post: unpredictable_m
  Earth Robot discreprancy DOGG1 8 4,229 2009-02-12, 13:39:50
Last Post: Exodus