Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Balancing Ghost Demon, Earth.
These tanks are stil a bit weaker than other tanks. I speak from my 3 years of experience in pub /priv

Ghost:

The troop die too fast against aoe and even weaker after 35th minute. The ulti still sucks as hell.

Suggestion:
Make the ulti heal troop but also heal allied tank and also make it usable while moving.
Make the absorbtion skill having an aoe slow? Or make the tank able to move while using it.

Demon,

The ulti too weak, and on close range when the stun has long range. The hunter is more useful for a lower price: For lw range bashing, the gobelin tank is good alternative.
This tank is overdependant of teleport jsut because of his ulti and then does not worth 10k...

Suggestion. give the ulti a jump ability of 600-900 range.

Earth

It lacks a stun. The Q skill is too weak, can u provide it one sec stun? This tank is unable to counter any chaining skill.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Well...

@Ghost:
I think the GhostTank must be faster...270Speed is to slow...290Speed would be better for him. The ulti heal of the GhostTank is to weak, but the heal for the allied tanks would be to imba I think...

@Demon:
I don't think the ulti is weak...

@Earth:
The Q-Skill works very slowly, but with a stun would be to imba...U can go to the enemy tank with the Q-Skill and then the ulti : DEAD

@Althend:
U have no idea and LOVE ME !
Agreed that these tanks could profit of an update, too. But en detail my solution is different:

Ghost Tank:
Soul Restore [Q] is too weak, range is only 900 (?), even if you have speed boost most tanks can escape after 1-2 seconds. Since Ghost Tank is not a typical fighter tank (i have seen good builds for 1vs1-situations too, but in my opinion she is better if you play her different).

Demon Tank:
Agree that Hellfire [R, Ulti] sucks, but increasing the range from 550 (?) to like 800 would do it. And how many Lava Servants have seen even if you max the skill the chance to spawn one is only 10% (are they counted as "spawned units" too?).

Earth Robot:
The worst skill in the whole game is Dustwave [Q]s! 50s cooldown for only 300 damage per level plus delay!!! I only level it once and then skill tank cannon (which is already a shame for a 7500 gold tank).
i disagree earthrobot is good as it gets. dustwave is very good ability for escaping tho damage could be increased.
Demon tank. I very rarelly can see this tank ..only then oposing team is pused to base. Ulti is 2 shortrange + delay. Compared goblin insta and longrange. If u got 10k gold i would better save some little more get ice or take hunter. Either increase demon ulti range or make it cheaper cost. Also reducing his hp.

Ghost is good as it is tho i agree it should have little more default speed.
Tinkermania, JustFun[est], LookRocketFlyin, UStunIKill
Yeah I agree - the Demon Tank or its ulti shud be buffed... Well, Im not sure bout the Earth Robot, this one seems rly fine but the Ghost still *feels* a lil bit too weak. My problem with the ghost is that one strong aoe nuke can kill all the creeps... Thats why I rly dont like the ghost . Maybe u guys can make the ghost creeps (the Dead) a lil weaker and make em spawn a very weak unit on death?? Hydra like... So that u still have some sort of (*weak*) meat shield around ya as a ghost, after hit by a (strong) aoe nuke... Man one aoe hit that dmges you for its full dmg and kills all the creeps makes creeps kinda useless, right? Would be rly nice to have some creeps left for dmg share after that... I would like to play such a ghost.Big Grin
Well...the units from the GhostTank must be stronger...I agree. And the Q-Skill from him has only a 900range maybe? So the Soul Restore must be stronger, too...more range. And the GhostTank is to slowly...he needs more speed.

The Q-Skill from the EarthRobot has rly 50seconds? Are u kidding me? That must be 40seconds and this skill works very slowly...so must be work faster.

The DemonTank is worth less than 10K. I would save the 10K for buy a Frost Robo, Infernal or something like that. The ultimate from him has a to shortrange+delay. But if the ultimate gets a 800range...would be to strong?:D So reduce the fucking delay.
The problem with earth tank is that this tank bring nothing for teamplay. when other tanks have stun and other stuff to contribute, earth has nothing behalve "i survive longer, can slow down and do extra damage on building"

At least make this tank have something to stun frost/skyfort/inferno ulti.
Althend Wrote:The problem with earth tank is that this tank bring nothing for teamplay. when other tanks have stun and other stuff to contribute, earth has nothing behalve "i survive longer, can slow down and do extra damage on building"

Teamplay with earth means to recue your mates taking damageBig Grin
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Earth
Earth robot is fine as it is, except its lack of stun ability. Ultimate only slows. I wouldn't mind if the earthquake did a 0.5 or 1 sec stun first to stop enemy ability. But I rarely play this tank cuz it's a hp absorber and mostly a good CP defender and CP assister and helps for damage absorption.

Demon
But I see often that the Hunter is often preferred over the demon tank. I don't think it will hurt to slightly strengthen the ultimate damage of this tank. But I will still pick hunter above demon tank as it's more easier to counter enemy teamwork with the hunter. I'm sure some adjustments can be done here.

An possible extra feature could be to add a 100% instable projectile feature on demons ulti so the creeps causes collateral damage and each does 200 + 50 pr level extra damage, a good counter against creeping tactic. So a player using troops takes more damage as penalty of getting hit by his own exploding creeps.

Just my idea, but I think it's ulti does rather low damage and also slightly low AoE.
for Earth-Robot:

im also fine with this tank in generell - as DMG Tanker, but it also would be nice if the Dustwave (Qskill) get a bit more flexible.
its really hard to use this skill helpfully, cause -dunno the exactly range for this skill-, but when u use this skill on a point - the tank run to starter range and then this skill get used - in this time an enemy is already out of the area u wanna hit - also its a bit delayed (seems so)

and dunno if this tank should get a Stun - maybe a short for escape, like already said, ulties from other Tanks.

for Ghost-Tank:

in my opinion, a higher range (atm i think its 750) for the "Summoning of the Dead" would be more usefull in reference of using "Soul Transfer" (range 900? - so Summonings should also get 900 range).

and also a higher starter SPEED! 270 is just............. without buying speed u are so fuckd up vs airshps as example

also the idea from Dr.xD would be quiet nice:
Dr.xD Wrote:Maybe u guys can make the ghost creeps (the Dead) a lil weaker and make em spawn a very weak unit on death?? Hydra like... So that u still have some sort of (*weak*) meat shield around ya as a ghost
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
eSVau Wrote:
Althend Wrote:The problem with earth tank is that this tank bring nothing for teamplay. when other tanks have stun and other stuff to contribute, earth has nothing behalve "i survive longer, can slow down and do extra damage on building"

Teamplay with earth means to recue your mates taking damageBig Grin

But you can do it with any tankBig Grin
And 2v2 without a stun, the team with 2 stun should win ^_^

Quote:And how many Lava Servants have seen even if you max the skill the chance to spawn one is only 10% (are they counted as "spawned units" too?)

True that nobody skill it. It is too unusefulConfused

Quote:@Althend:
U have no idea and LOVE ME !

You love meBig Grin

Quote:Demon Tank:
Agree that Hellfire [R, Ulti] sucks, but increasing the range from 550 (?) to like 800 would do it. And how many Lava Servants have seen even if you max the skill the chance to spawn one is only 10% (are they counted as "spawned units" too?).

Increasing the range would still conditionate this tank to be played like the gobo when actually, it is the only reason the play it low range/bang teleport.
Concerning the demon tank: It seems to me that everyone forgot how this tank was played ~2 (3?) years ago when everyone used it. The strength of the demon tank is the stun range, not the ultimate. Get an additional stun (preferable another demon tank) in mid and use them in combination to snipe players who moved slightly too far in front. It is so easy even without any teleport or speed item. It's one of those tanks which is quite helpless alone, but deadly with sufficient teamplay. (Oldschool players probably remember the permanent-stun demon tank battles. You cannot possibly overestimate 2.5 seconds stun per player.)
Prog Wrote:Concerning the demon tank: It seems to me that everyone forgot how this tank was played ~2 (3?) years ago when everyone used it. The strength of the demon tank is the stun range, not the ultimate. Get an additional stun (preferable another demon tank) in mid and use them in combination to snipe players who moved slightly too far in front. It is so easy even without any teleport or speed item. It's one of those tanks which is quite helpless alone, but deadly with sufficient teamplay. (Oldschool players probably remember the permanent-stun demon tank battles. You cannot possibly overestimate 2.5 seconds stun per player.)

It was played because it was the strongest tank available easily. Now there is hunterand a buffed frost compared to the past.
Nowadays focusing multi demon stun on one target is less interesting than in the past. Multi sun with hunter/guard, surviving earth robot.

The past was more a fight between airship - heavy - gob - sky tank - demon - frost ^__^
The choice was more limited. All had more interest tot ake demon since sky tank is shit against it and frost was nearly same value for much higher price :o

The hunter can do 2500 damage just with his q skill and on aoe area. The same demon teamaply as in the past would let 5 hunters kill 5 enemies in a cp just in one shot :p

The actual situation is that tiers 2-3 are more diversified and looking at the skills of the demon, you have one unuseful skill (lava), one nice stun, one unuseful skill (unless one opponent is air and come in range) and a ulti that is weak and limited.

Still there is no other tank with a 1500 range 2.5 second stun. Demon tanks can get initiate kills when other tanks cannot, simply due to the range and stun duration. Lava shot is still the perfect opening for a coordinated attack.
ghost tank
yea need some buff like slow ppl while drain hp and make it move while draining
creep , buff , how to buff it , if i buff 10 hp or 10 attack , it is not enough , if i buff 50 attack , that is so op, 50 hp maybe ok that is

earth
the main skill is his 3 rd , 1 st is for running or go to other ppl back so that they can reteat and get hit at the same time (note use this trick while they are reteating)
it is all depend on the situation

demon
3rd skill need buff by 5 % more per lv
ult cant need buff
if you nerf its hp please buff it ms
why use demon tank
1st and 2nd skill , all air love 2nd skill after that net it , you will see them smile with happily
Prog Wrote:Still there is no other tank with a 1500 range 2.5 second stun. Demon tanks can get initiate kills when other tanks cannot, simply due to the range and stun duration. Lava shot is still the perfect opening for a coordinated attack.

Ok to coordinate an attack but...
So basically, demon worths only for this skill?Confused

What is your opinion about other skills?

(and why don't u play anymoreeeeeeeee , bug is deadddddddd)
demon tank ult use it for melee tanks , when ppl melee you , you go closer to them and ult = sure kill

other tanks are buffed maybe earth bots = you need to add more distances and cd

ghost it is a useless tank the only skill that is worth using is its 3rd skill , kill creeps can heal yourself
1st soul..... sucks unless you melee other tank using mid range weapons and use 1st skill to slow it to get extra few hits on it just to kill it
2nd it is just a creep , for distracting others , in mid game , ppl can kill it using aos skills
4th ult your creeps already died ,what is the need to heal but the good thing ,it can be auto cast
in the end your creeps dont live long , heal it only make it last a or 2 seconds before enemy tanks kill it
The problem with Demon Tank is the amplify damage spell is quite lame.

Compare Demon to Hunter:

Demon has a single target stun, Hunter has AOE Stun.
Demon has small AOE ult, Hunter has large AOE Q.
Demon has a short amplify dmg spell for air, Hunter has AOE acid cloud.

Demon relies on teleport for combat effectiveness, Hunter is best ranged.

There is no comparison. Demon is a joke for the price.

What to do about Demon?

1. Increase Lava Shot Stun duration, damage and range slightly.
2. Increase Amplify Dmg % each level, not just duration.
3. Increase AOE ult range by 200.

-------------------------------
On a side note I think Ghost Tank and Earth Robot are both appropriately priced for their cost.

Do not increase speed of Ghost Tank, it has no collision. Increase range of the mana drain abilty tho.

Earth Robot is very effective against buildings and ground, especially when working in concert with hunter. Earth Robot requires no buffs; but perhaps increase the range (but not the damage) on the Q dust ability...it's a bit too short.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
Lava shot has enough stun so it's unbalanced to increase it further. Hunter have quite good AoE stun ability with gravity grenade.

I think ulti does 1400 + 350 pr level, which is a bit low considering that it has only 500 AoE. If I should compare it with goblins shockwave ability (1240 + 310 pr level), it does only slightly more damage, but shockwave has greater AoE (750?) and goblin tank cost 3500 less so the demon tanks ulti is the only ability which should be slightly buffed imo.

Hellfire could do somewhat more damage, or have an additional buff effect like a short duration damage pr sec for a few seconds after being hit by hellfire or a minor slow effect. But it need slightly buffing.
GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:Do not increase speed of Ghost Tank, it has no collision. Increase range of the mana drain abilty tho.

That would be a joke..GhostTank must be for faster. 270Speed is a joke -.-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,622 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985
  Distributor balancing gozo1985 2 2,903 2013-09-06, 01:08:36
Last Post: RaptorXI
  nice balancing elo system Crag_Hack 9 8,257 2012-08-29, 20:32:37
Last Post: Althend
  Double Mech / Ghost Tank / Antigrav / medivac griffin1987 20 14,530 2012-03-05, 09:33:41
Last Post: 091846
  Earth Bot Boobies 7 5,817 2012-02-28, 17:24:47
Last Post: AeroniumX