Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Start
10-11-10 11:00 - After a long period of testing and bugfixing, which was quite complicatedConfusedhock:, we are proud to announce that we've resetted the league database(1) and entering final statusBig Grin

Some features of our league:
  • start instantly without registration
  • autohosted by bots running 24/7
  • qualify bot
  • ranked bot
  • restricted access to ranked game - you have to pass requirements and qualify first(2)
  • autobalance of ranked games
  • autoadjust of game latency
  • automatic tracking of many statistics

(1)that does not concern bot database which is holding your stay and game count requirements
(2)you need at least 15 games before playing ranked games, and you have to keep up an stay percentage of 85% or better
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
:D BTanks League RANKED #1
proud to play in the first gameBig Grin

no more penalty wuhu
Multiacc will get u better Teammates maybe, but u still unskilled as before. !!
True Story
Don't forget to change "league BETA" button on the home page of the btanks.net.

And another thing, i remembered some people suggested to use the "points" instead of ELO for auto-balancing. Is this discussion ended already? (For me i still feel using points for auto-balancing is better than ELO, because a high ELO player who leaves a lot doesn't mean he is a good player.)
Points don't really tell anything about skill. ELO reflects the skill of the player (at least it tries toWink ).

A leavers ELO doesn't increase/decrease much in a game. Leavers mostly get a penalty. Just have a look at their deltaWink.

And we want to balance the teams by using their "skill". Using points instead would be almost the same as shuffling the players.
I'm 1st (15:40:49) HAHABig Grin
2games lose :cry: reset please :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wer aufhört, besser zu werden, hat aufgehört, gut zu sein.
I Heart my Denglisch
eSVau Wrote:10-11-10 11:00 - After a long period of testing and bugfixing, which was quite complicatedConfusedhock:, we are proud to announce that we've resetted the league database(1) and entering final statusBig Grin
You should have waited 10 minutesWink
Great work, finally the league is out of beta!
Velocity2k Wrote:Points don't really tell anything about skill. ELO reflects the skill of the player (at least it tries toWink ).

A leavers ELO doesn't increase/decrease much in a game. Leavers mostly get a penalty. Just have a look at their deltaWink.

And we want to balance the teams by using their "skill". Using points instead would be almost the same as shuffling the players.

I understand what you said. But still I am confused. Why do we have the points after all?

The points do not affect the auto-balancing. And it is also not used anymore as an threshold for the league bot entry. (The previous 1500+ bot has gone.) But even if we want to have the threshold again in the future, we can also use ELO but not points.

And if ELO reflects the skill of the player => why not use ELO to rank players instead of points?

If you ask me about the points, I can only see if the points deviate a lot from the ELO, => means the players received a lot penalty => left or dc a lot.

But this is what we can also see from the average stay percentage, or from total counts of left games. I think the XX% stay is more straightforward to see comparing to delta ELO-points.

So why do we make penalty/points formulas and calcuate things that we don't use them?
We use points for the ranking!
Added a list of current games which includes our calculated expected values for every player and the whole teamBig Grin

And as a special surprise for Velocity2k we will change font to wingdings :lol:
[Image: wingdings500.png]
google chrome vs. mozilla firefox
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
very nice add! :!:
Der Vorteil an der Klugheit ist, dass man sich dumm stellen kann.
Andersherum ist dies schon erheblich schwieriger.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LEAGUE galadion1 1 2,942 2017-04-14, 21:24:41
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  The league is shittier than ever jojoy 6 5,516 2014-12-20, 13:48:30
Last Post: RaptorXI
  League: Please cap max penalty at 7 RAF_Fenix 5 5,022 2014-12-15, 05:19:04
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=10921 El_Polacco 6 5,691 2014-11-21, 22:29:18
Last Post: El_Polacco
  [league] penalties eSVau 19 23,050 2014-08-18, 22:10:57
Last Post: Bernar_Ali