Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repair robots (ultimate pack)
Since we were talking about it in another topic and i tried it some times online, i started to tink a change would be nice. At the moment they heal 60/120 hp/s if i am correct. But when you get one of the better tanks, that amount is just negligable (sp?). It really is a problem with the ultimate pack imo, since you pay 5500 more than speed pack(6000) for only 120hp/s. Mostly when you buy that ultimate pack, you have a big tank from demon tank and up, and good weapons, so 120hp/s is too little to make a difference. Thats why imo you see very few ppl use is, because for the 5500 they can upgrade one of their good weapons or buy new ones.

So now i was thinking that a hp heal in % might be better. Bad thing is that i am not good at really balancing, so i wouldnt know how much that percentage should be, but maybe 1/3 of the healing from a factory? (dont know how much that is, but its easier for me to compare to other things then to give real examples)

Well anyway, i think it could be nice items, but arent at the moment because in early game they are a waste of money and in late game they arent effective enough.
You might be laughing, but i was thinking the same way in another Point.

If you Pay 5500 For 120HP/Sec and you got 16.000 HP Up, there is no real reason to waste 1 of 6 Slots for that little healing amount, cause u need other Tools and Weapons to survive.

That´s, why i never buy this Repair with huge Tanks and even did not in Medium Tanks, cause a Hull is more effective for fast fights :mrgreen:

But i think 1/3 Factory healing Confusedhock: is a bit much ^^.
Maybe 100per second and 1%Hp or so.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Well perhaps 1% + 20hp pr sec would sound nice, and 2 % +40 hp pr second when you upgrade it. But regeneration would then very imba for the expensive tanks and it's doing more heal to strong tanks than weapons of equal price would do...

I'm not sure if the mappers would agree on this... I think they stay on hp regen amount...
hmmm - well maybe it would be to imba for that, but as it is now they can clean it completely and i wont cry, because there is no real use for me at that price.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Like early guns that are outclassed later in the game, the repair robots outlive their usefullness once a certain threshold has been reached. Nothing risked, nothing gained.

That would only mean the repair kits are more useful after you have more than 6k-7k. End even then repair-robots has advantages (you dont have to click on them, hence subjecting healing to lag, they cost no mana as well, you dont have to think about them...). Sure, they wont help you on a 1v1 battle to the death as infernals, but they will help you dog their base without having constantly to return to heal.

Besides, now that you can combine items into packs, it means that once you have a speed pack (I almost always got one late game), you are only 2000 gold away from the ultimate pack (one radar and the blue print), provided you upgraded your bots to nano bots. If you lack space, drop them (not sell them!) until you can combine them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Pack RaptorXI 5 6,000 2015-01-15, 03:16:28
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Ultimate repair pack vs Negator Pack BENNIE.FM 2 3,220 2014-03-29, 12:35:21
Last Post: Prog
  Negator Pack RaptorXI 3 3,598 2013-06-20, 20:41:24
Last Post: gozo1985
  Repair-Robots n Exploders hiver 24 16,502 2013-03-16, 13:59:46
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Repair Robots AeroniumX 38 25,460 2013-02-17, 12:48:18
Last Post: Perfektionist