Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somes techs vol1 by Althend
1/ Taking middle easily

Mass upgrading as first step 1500gold
Each player of the team must upgrade weapon and receive 2 teams of creeps.
Go all on middle and use the all at same time. Select your units and focus on enemy tank and on towers. (the 5 weapons upgrades makes a real difference on creep)
You will crush them all. just take the middle and use your tinkers in order to defend the sides.
After 5 min, you should have accumulate enough gold in order to play as usual :o

--> it doesn't work if all opponent stay in middle fabrik.(in that case, 4 players upgrade and one use explosive)

2/ Real explosive defence

Tinker + explosive + skill: teleport
It is much more useful than exploder at beginning :o
Defend middle and defend sides by exploding.
--> better than long range canon

3/ Pure harassement

Air + regen 60hp/sec 2250 gold +long range
The regen is much more usefull than people think :o
Just stay near the fabrik and run. No need to go back to heal. It is much more usefull than a hull. Pure harrassement that everyone hate. (dont forget to stay above tree and other place where ground can't easily join)
It is the best way to make players leave T_T
--> the purpose is not killing enemy players but making them lose a lot of time while your teammate does the work

Enjoy :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:
2/ Real explosive defence

Tinker + explosive + skill: teleport
It is much more useful than exploder at beginning :o
Defend middle and defend sides by exploding.
--> better than long range canon

3/ Pure harassement

Air + regen 60hp/sec 2250 gold +long range
The regen is much more usefull than people think :o
Just stay near the fabrik and run. No need to go back to heal. It is much more usefull than a hull. Pure harrassement that everyone hate. (dont forget to stay above tree and other place where ground can't easily join)
It is the best way to make players leave T_T
--> the purpose is not killing enemy players but making them lose a lot of time while your teammate does the work

Enjoy :p

hmm
2--- > tested this one before... works great vs noobs in mid, but sux when guys get teleport to counter u or are good enough to get ur towers down.
3 ---> repair is useless early cause u got no money for it (air+repair = 3250g)...if u farm that 250g early or wait for it to buy air+regen u will surely sux late game because u only can farm with tank cannon...and harassing? nobody fear ur 60-120 dps tank cannon and in early u have short ways to heal...its good to get repair when u farm well and got a heavy tank or sth with 5khp+
And in addition to nr3: when you buy air+repair and another has a weapon and later a hull with high skill, he will be able to kill you fast with skills (rocket...) and your repair will be 'useless'. You cant compare hull with repair, both serve different purposes.
yep, and repair tools repair only 40%, compared to a weapon of similar cost with 1000 range.

Repair robots heals 60 hp pr sec for 2250 gold

A weapon with 1000 range would have done 150 dps for 2250 gold. So a weapon with less range is more effective when it's within range...

Repair robots equipments are calculated with heal rate, which would be same balance comparison if it was a 2500 range weapon. Or 1000 range weapon divided by 2.5!

Upgraded swarm rockets (4500) does 300 dps at 1000 range
Nano-Repair robots (4500) heals 120 hp pr second

120/300 = 0.4

Repair robots doesn't help so much in constant combat, its most effective is to keep you longer alive with high regeneration. Tanks does also have a small initial hp regen + 1 hp pr tank level. It's kinda bad, when you have a lot of hp, then you most likely go and heal yourself to your CP.
nice math...hes absolutely correct
I don't see the regen at long terme but at short term.
I admit that the regen rate is bad for constant battle but for hit and run, it is really usefull. You won't waste your time by returning to control point. And 60hp/sec is effective for 1000 hp.
As i said, it is in order to harrass other players and make creep follow you. With a bit skill, you can keep busy 2 enemies, making them stop creeping and lose a lot of team.

I admit, it is not the best tech but it may be quit useful at beginning. (in order to let your teamates take the side control point in 2min30sec)

And you still can be a really nice support for your teamate. Just near him as push the control point, you will receive damage et he will hit the enemies.

Ok ok ok I admit, it is not the best tech but I kinda like it :$
Well, I think tech#3 is not so bad as you can imagine. But repair robots is quite expansive item especially at the beginning. Having enough skill you can ignore buying it and buy 1300 range rocket(for 2000 gold, i don't remember it's name).

I've tried this tactic and in the end I was able to kill up to two heavy tanks on their CP with a helicopter(1-2 hail of rockets, 3000hp hull, else - 2000gold rockets). Then I was able to kill even inferno with heli(4000hp, acid cannon, 2 hails).
You ask how? That is simple. Weapon's range you use is 1300. Inf never use weapons with range > 1000. And all his abilities has range no more than 1000. So, to stay alive you must always keep distance or your death will be immediate:). So, when you see that Inf is turning towards you(he CANNOT use chaos teleport from that huge range, he MUST to make some steps in your direction first!) you immediately turn backwards and when he permits teleport - you are already in enough range to avoid his ult! also if he used to cast it, you have a bit more speed so you can escape. With 4k hp you can take 1-2 waves of Inf's Ult and some damage from his weapons. But this is worst case, When I played I was almost always able to escape.

What for heavy tank - he has no chance fighting such packed heli(not including his Rocket ability). Even 1 hail + 3-4 1300-rockets are deadly for him.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Vomitus Wrote:Well, I think tech#3 is not so bad as you can imagine. But repair robots is quite expansive item especially at the beginning. Having enough skill you can ignore buying it and buy 1300 range rocket(for 2000 gold, i don't remember it's name).

I've tried this tactic and in the end I was able to kill up to two heavy tanks on their CP with a helicopter(1-2 hail of rockets, 3000hp hull, else - 2000gold rockets). Then I was able to kill even inferno with heli(4000hp, acid cannon, 2 hails).
You ask how? That is simple. Weapon's range you use is 1300. Inf never use weapons with range > 1000. And all his abilities has range no more than 1000. So, to stay alive you must always keep distance or your death will be immediate:). So, when you see that Inf is turning towards you(he CANNOT use chaos teleport from that huge range, he MUST to make some steps in your direction first!) you immediately turn backwards and when he permits teleport - you are already in enough range to avoid his ult! also if he used to cast it, you have a bit more speed so you can escape. With 4k hp you can take 1-2 waves of Inf's Ult and some damage from his weapons. But this is worst case, When I played I was almost always able to escape.

What for heavy tank - he has no chance fighting such packed heli(not including his Rocket ability). Even 1 hail + 3-4 1300-rockets are deadly for him.

The problem in this strategy is that you have no chance if your enemy buys a teleporter and most good players do this in midgame. Still the early game strategy with heli + 2 bombarding rockets is playable even against good players, but i'd rather switch to another tank before an enemy got teleporter.
Yeah, you're right:)

Just image, today I've played with some guy who had inf and bought acid cannon to counter me:))).
Eventually he lost with his Titan (2xFrost Laser + 2Acid Cannon + UltPack). Unimaginable)))
He was pawned by my Infernal with 4xDarkness Cannon + Gold Hull + UltPack.
Why?
Becouse Inf is imba. Due to Chaos Teleport.
Vomitus Wrote:Yeah, you're right:)

Just image, today I've played with some guy who had inf and bought acid cannon to counter me:))).
Eventually he lost with his Titan (2xFrost Laser + 2Acid Cannon + UltPack). Unimaginable)))
He was pawned by my Infernal with 4xDarkness Cannon + Gold Hull + UltPack.
Why?
Becouse Inf is imba. Due to Chaos Teleport.

dude, i think this guy was noob.... if you know how to play, you can win against better tank easily. But The Titan is not that good... i prefer to get Psycho laser than Titan.

btw, titan with 2frost, i never saw that !! too expensive... how much time u played against him ? lol
I don't remember how much time we played, but we played ping-pong with central CPs, capturing both of them on an opponent's death. And we made it very often so we had a lot of money gained on ourselvesSmile

BTW, my small record for a tank-game longevity is 03:53:02.
Yes, almost 4 hours. It was set in another game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] General 4 phases strategy by Althend. Althend 17 22,707 2012-09-15, 15:25:39
Last Post: cRo_best
  Somes techs by Atlhend vol2: The range Althend 5 4,705 2008-01-16, 01:15:40
Last Post: Althend