Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
afk bug?!
it only works fine with an unprotected version, or at least without "shortest strings possible" acticated in the map optimizer, as you otherwise will receive function names like "A2_d" instead of "Trig_AI_Fight_Actions", for example^^ (well, but i should be able to get the function from that small name...)

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=90999 <- just download this one and start "NewGen Warcraft.exe" (at least it should be that...), then play it and wait until the game crashes...^^
be prepaired that there will be an error message everytime a creep dies, because "uninitialized variables" store "null" from the beginning, and thats what i used, but that script sees it as an error... in the next version the variable will be initialized as "null"... if you see any other errors ingame, except for that unintialized variable when a unit dies, it would be nice if you could report them to me, tooWink
and im not sure if this works multiplayer, or if both players have to use this version of wc3 then, but i think it shouldnt be a problem
Hi again,

Well... we played some REALLY long rounds of 8.30 vs. AI, but since using that other .exe we didn't have one single crash - which is actually good, but after playing significantly more than just a few hours I am quite frustrated that I couldn't repeat the crash :?
Anyway, we switched to 8.32 after its release, and had no problems there either - except for some rare "lags" (in a LAN game) when gameplay nearly stopped for a few seconds, but didn't crash. The reason for that could be quite everything, so I certainly won't blame it on the map :wink:
So far, everything is fine again, thanks!