Poll: Do you like the new Mortar Team Item (consumable)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
3 50.00%
No
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORTAR TEAM ITEM! The tinker towers worst enemy...
Poll only shows how many likes the new item

AAAHHHH the mortar team item only cost 300 gold, and it does A LOT of damage to tinker towers, making it's impossible to be tinker these days while the funny guys buys mortar team.

But now the tinker is really worth nothing. Perhaps a good change for those to hates tinker tower tactic. But a bad change for tinker users ^^
It should just be balanced, i bet there is a way to do that somehow, increasing the cost, lowering the damage, making them 'disappear' within a certain time...
for 300 gold, you might ruin a couple of tinker towers ^^

You might save a lot of trouble, but the poor tinker :cry: doesn't find it funny.
i like the purchasable mortar team very much if i find myself fighting any kind of building.

but if my base is under attack or i use the tinker, i just find them overpowered. additionally, they totally screw up the heavy tank skill which calls the mortar team. i can remember this skill was discussed some time ago and just wasnt changed because nobody could suggest a proper alternative.

so i votet dislike
maybe just decreasing range about 200? they don't last rlly long then...
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
...and they suck then...

better try to involve the tinker-towers into the force-upgrades and stop whining =)

tinker is a 0 gold tank, so what do you think how good should it be?
No Support via PM!!
but the heavy tank mortar team spell now sucks even more. thats not fair. now he may also spawn 3 simple machine gunners. nice.
The tinker are safe only for the first 5 minutes, then the mortar team is available. The mortar team for heavy tank is less useful now hehe ^^. You can buy 8 mortar teams for 2400 gold, or buy never ending mortar team with siege pack for 2500 gold. But 3 mortar teams each worth 100 gold makes sense. But the mortar team does also requires a team attack like with the reinforcements.

You can buy 5 reinforcements for 2500 gold which spawns 5 troops each or buy a never ending troop command for 2500 gold which gives you unlimited troops spawning. Well it's 2 more troops, so 200 more gold, it's make sense. 100 gold for each troop.

It's was about time the reinforcements was nerfed! 5 troops for 500 gold is perfect, 100 gold for each troop ^^, even they match the balance compared with the weapons power compared with the lethal firepower of 5 troops + damage spread. (I've only saw this in 8.29 :|)
the HT motar team isnt useless now because it dont cost 300gold... only stupid noobs buy a motar team(300Gold) to kill a few tinker towers or an normal map-tower (15/30/45 or 150 gold... you can kill max 1 tower with a troop -> at least 150 gold lost)..

you only buy a few motar teams(300 Gold) if there are more then 4-8 tinker towers and maybe a factory because you get owned otherwise by too many creeps... so if someone kills your tinker towers with a motar team you can just lol him and be happy that he lost 300gold now...

and now stop whine pls... or do u want some cheese? Oo
No Support via PM!!
yes, he lost 150 gold

but what did the tinker lose? he is sort of screwed.
well, buying every time a new mortar team, for each tinker tower would ruin a player, so let it how it is
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
right.

as I said, one motar team can kill 1 tower... if any (<-- leo, "wenn überhaupt" sounds a bit strange Oo)
No Support via PM!!
well, the attacker gets +50 gold or something like that through the bounty, and the tinker will lose a LOT of gold as he has one tower less to earn money.. i think it could be a bit more expensive... (siege pack is very strong, too, a tinker does not have any chance, if you buy one, at least a "normal" tinker, not ultra-experienced)
The purpose of mortar team is not economy, but ripping off the enemy tower defense, so you cripple the enemy tinkers income source (towers kills creeps) and probability for you to win the game has greatly increased. I would say it's worth more than the 300 gold you sacrificed. I think perhaps it should cost 350 gold. At least!
the tinker dont loose so much money if he has 4 instead of 5 towers at one place...

but okay, 350 would be okay maybe...
No Support via PM!!
psycho_dmr Wrote:the tinker dont loose so much money if he has 4 instead of 5 towers at one place...

but okay, 350 would be okay maybe...

but if he has 0 instead of 1, its quite bad for him^^
I played a game where red went for the laser tower on the ruin near his trader and started building lots of towers around it. He got loads of money (really, he bought the tower, a hull, 2 factorys, another laser tower and had some more money when we only could afford our tank with 2 weapons and have a bit of money, but i am not discussing thatSmile). So i adviced the mid team players to buy the mortar team and kill him off! As stupid as they were, they ignored my advice untill they got pushed back more and more, so i went to help them, bought the mortar team even 3 times!! and destroyed all of reds towers (with a little help of my tank off course) and totally turned the game around in 5 mins. And no, it was no great loss for me, the 900 i spend for it, because now i was free to move around a lot more and that money was easily earned back!

Oh and this is NOT a speech about how good i am or something like that, just a little proof that i am very thankfull for those teamsSmile
Using these earlier could have made you win. Also if you're teammates also have listened to you (or if they understood what you said or knew where to buy mortar team). This is quite lethal at start, in later games more teams is needed, and it will cost you more.

Tinkers worst scenario is to have problems with raising more than 1 tower (or having 0 / unfinished at all time), which will disable this players combat function a lot! Even with a hull and weapon, he got no direct damage skills.
Bob666 Wrote:but if he has 0 instead of 1, its quite bad for him^^
well, i think after 5 minutes a normal tinker player has 2 towers, and after ~10 he got 5, and i don´t think someone will buy the first 10 minutes many of these items
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
Well, I do! This annoys the enemy tinkers and prevent foothold with tinker towers. Also a good "kicking item" which makes bad tinker losers leave xD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tinker exploder dirtyterror 43 31,646 2013-01-25, 16:00:57
Last Post: Jason
  Change tinker cost to 200 gold? Wupti 33 23,430 2012-10-28, 23:37:34
Last Post: RaptorXI
  BT is a team game! BloodraiN 0 2,094 2012-07-21, 22:40:42
Last Post: BloodraiN
  Tinker costs 0 ? gozo1985 13 10,250 2011-06-15, 16:21:20
Last Post: gozo1985
  Tinker discussion - Your opinion? Kamulec 63 50,271 2011-05-24, 00:11:50
Last Post: Althend