Poll: Which start weapon(s) to you use most often for the light tank
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
2 Basic Magic
29.79%
14 29.79%
1 Fireball Cannon
27.66%
13 27.66%
1 Fan of Knives
14.89%
7 14.89%
1 Tornado Summoner
27.66%
13 27.66%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic magic tactic - used to often?
I've set a poll to see who prefer which start weapon for the light tank. I only included 2200 gold class weapons. I know someone who sometimes chooses a 2000 gold weapon, but the poll's purpose is to check which weapons is beeing uses in the 2200 gold class.

Most light tank users I play against prefer 2x light magic. The first reason, is it has 49 more range than the fireball cannon. The second reason is that you can upgrade both magics for 1110 gold, and the fireball cannon costs 700 gold, so the both upgraded basic magics become a bit stronger than a upgraded fireball cannon. The third reason is that you get 1 more projectile, so the chance of hitting the enemy tank increase with 50% (tank cannon included). Anyway when I try to play against a light tank with 2 basic magics, I have slightly more trouble of fighting him. I don't know but the is something which makes it better than fireball cannon. Maybe to much difference. Also there is a mystical reason why the basic magic usually owns fireball cannon. Pro players have noticed this. What is it which makes players more often choose basic magic than other weapons when they choose light tank? I think the 2 basic magics does surpass fan of knives as well.

I have 1 theory myself, 49 extra range makes the difference between the fireball cannon and 2 basic magics, even though basic magics has a bit less dps, it still owns fireball cannon in total amount of situations that I've encountered and frighten the fireball cannon user more than the basic magic user. Long range weapon does also create a psychological fear. The fear of getting outranged and killed. Those who are aware of the 49 range difference, does fear 2 basic magics a bit more than a fireball cannon. If I play against artillery users, I find it annoying, and if they gets much kills, and get more long range weapons, they are more annoying. The good part is that they usually go for more firepower than hull.

Also the basic magic is the second longest range start (2200 gold class or less) weapon for vehicles. Only bombarding rockets surpass the basic magic's range.
Heh, my favourite weapon is missing, Tornado Summoner.
For me, this weapon is even more effective. Especially in the beginning, one hit is enough to drive the enemy back to heal, if not you'll kill them with the next hit. Its risky to play with Tornado, but you can gain much more when you've learned to somewhat control your weapon (I guess every experienced player can do this in a way).
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
sry I forgot to input the tornado summoner. I never buys it and completely forgot to add it to the options. Please revote.
Well, as far as my experience goes, i always make up my mind about where i will go first. Meaning that if i go in a lane, the light magics are better (imo) but if i go in the mid, vs more opponents, the tornade really does the job you know. But also another thing to keep in mind is what strategy you are aiming at in the long run. If you go for long range or short range and that sort of things. Another thing to consider are your enemys. What type of tank do they buy and what weapon do they use...

As you can see, i am most of the time the one who chose his tank and gear as one of the last onesSmile
i think it's fashion which start weapon you buy... before 1 year (?) all played with the fan of knives, later all buyed the fireball and now it is the basic magic... the advantage from the basic magic is, that you got a long range and a not bad countdown with good dmg, and you can up it only for 555, for example the tornado costs 777 (or?)
so you can up the basic magic very fast (and with good board canon you can rock one creep/hit!)
NICHT mehr aktiv hier im Forum, seit Anfang 2008
In most of the games I play, the light tank users mostly uses 2 basic magics. Sometimes they buy fan of knives and fireball cannon, and more rarely tornado summoner.
Because tornade still requires some skills if you ask me. If you use tornade, you go for the tank-kills more then the creeping at the start of the game, and you have to know how to do that with tornado....
well don´t think tornado lpayers do need tooo much skill, they need pretty much luck....
but basic magics are so popular, casue they can be upgraded for 1k, and that makes it pretty strong. if u would give the light plasma such a strong upgrade(like it was earlier where it was choosen oftener) everybody would pic that weapon. and basic magics range is also optimal
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
I never use the fan of knives anymore and fireball only few times.

Basic Magic and Tornado are kinda equal.
Basic is more the offensive strat as you have a faster hitrate and might make kills even with a lot of creeps around.
Tornado is more defensive. You have to "control" your luck by seeing how many creeps are around an how fast your reload is. Works well on damaging the opponent and doing good creep kills in early game as almost every shot is a kill.
in my opinion the weapons depending also from ur own playstyle. for example somebody who plays agressive and use skills like swarm rockets instead of repair robot can use tornado much better because he plays autmoaticly more agressive and near to enemy creeps.
somebody who prefer passive skills and like to get sure, waiting for misstakes from the enemy maybe should play basics more often.
but i think fireball cant dodge basics really...and fan of knives...well...at first u have a short range weapon with "normal" dmg and afterwards u gain not more dmg but some more range if u decide to upgrade. But in both situations, at 1st against basics with more range and then vs. one basic upped with a little bit more range left, the fan of knives seems weaker.
hrhr all noobsisTongue
2x bow FTW
Tornado.
Each shoot is one kill. It is a constant flux of money.
Coupling it with the level3 rocket 540 damages, it is a easy way to kill instantly players with hitpoints lower than 1200.
Basic magic is weak against group of creeps. The spread is too large due to large range, each creep receive a bit damage. By the tornado you are always sure to remove one bye one and receive less damage trought time.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Nelloz Wrote:...Tornado is more defensive. ...

what a nonsence,
tornado is the most aggressiv weapon I know, I admit it is not possible to run into the mass of opposit creep, but you have to pick your victim carefully. But you have normaly only one chance to kill him cause if he can escape/get out of your range, its usually that his weapons (most have longer range than tornado) will kill you, when they shoot back
So you never draw back as a player with torando (oh yes i know, sometimes even i draw back), but normaly the other will just drive behind you out of the range of your wapon and kills you befor you reached a factory.
so tornado is like most (all) short ranged wapons an aggressiv wapon for players with some skill - yeah with luck you will make 1 or 2 kills - but you will not win the game without skill.

So plz if someone kills you with a tornade don't call him lucky, most of the players did choose you carefully and destroyed you in the right moment.
Ironically, I don't see so many tornado users on b.net. I see very few uses tornado summoners...
I consider basic magic a poke and run or poke and chase type weapon. But it's probably one of the worst choices for creeping. Better for top or bottom lanes for a 1-vs-1 battle where you can score a few hits in, stun and then chase for the kill (provided that you are watching their creeps). For me it's a general rule to only upgrade one but not both so you can increase your chances of getting creep kills without firepower being wasted. One of the common combos I've seen mid-tier players eventuate with is 3 basic magic + 1250 hull. Not a bad combo considering a cheap upgrade in both attack and defense in the early stages.

I'm not too fond of tornado summoner. It's a rhythm weapon in essence. Shoot, move back for 2 seconds (to avoid damage), move forward and shoot again. Too expensive to upgrade (a must upgrade), out-creeped by your own creeps and loses out to the guy that's innocently farming to get an air/heavy/goblin tank. It's good to prevent people from farming centre, that's if you can hit them.

Not a fan of the knives either. It's good fighting for mid when your range is short and has more of a chance to hit the opponent than a creep. But it's rather expensive for an item that is pretty useless later when someone upgrades. Good for creeping though. Adequate money maker. Good for keeping your opponents in the distance.

I have mixed feelings for fireball cannon. Range is good. Damage is decent. It's the higher end of the 2200 items. My ultimate strategy for it is don't upgrade. The time it takes to make up that 700 is a few minutes without killing. The only reason why people upgrade is to increase their chances of killing creeps and opponents - which is why I'm highly dependant on my 2 skills (swarm and stun) rather than my weapons. If you're in mid, a good 5-6 minutes without the upgrade can get you goblin shredder. Or in another 3-4 minutes get yourself a lightning or air tank. If you upgrade, you find yourself with a shredder/lightning/air above the 10 minute mark which then someone will end up countering with a goblin tank or heavy a few minutes later.

Of course all of the above only apply for light tank. I hardly use it anymore. lol
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
as i posted in the "how to counter swarm rockets" whine thread:
all items and all of their upgrades are based on this formula:
Price = Range * DPS * 0,015
---> Range = Price / (DPS * 0,015)
---> DPS = Price / (Range * 0,015)

for items that attack creeps only as multi bow its 0,0075 instead of 0,015.
so i think its clear that there are no "better" or "imba" items...
Billy_Talent_ll Wrote:well don´t think tornado lpayers do need tooo much skill, they need pretty much luck....
but basic magics are so popular, casue they can be upgraded for 1k, and that makes it pretty strong. if u would give the light plasma such a strong upgrade(like it was earlier where it was choosen oftener) everybody would pic that weapon. and basic magics range is also optimal

billy, A tornado player cant play with the luck.... He needs skill because he has to be in the range of other tank without the range of units. If so, he will attack 100% the tank and destroy him. Otherwise, a noob will stay mid and wait...

You need to control ur TOrnado cuz the countdown is slow, so each tornado needs to be usefull

but i still prefer 2x basic magic... u earn more gold beacuase of the low countdown
Since recently i almost always go lol if i see ppl going 2* basic magic again. Its like they never seem to try something new or anything. Ok, there are those ppl who are able to exploit this strategy to the most possible, but most of the times ppl just were up against someone who used the tactic and thought it to be imba. Nothing feels better then to kick their ass with my demolisher/heliWink

But thats just me, i just like the challenge 'new builds' provide.
Batto Wrote:Since recently i almost always go lol if i see ppl going 2* basic magic again. Its like they never seem to try something new or anything. Ok, there are those ppl who are able to exploit this strategy to the most possible, but most of the times ppl just were up against someone who used the tactic and thought it to be imba. Nothing feels better then to kick their ass with my demolisher/heliWink

But thats just me, i just like the challenge 'new builds' provide.

I tryed tornado, fireball, 2x Xp, light plasma, fan... almost everything i think. But i still prefer Basic Magic. The only thing you need is SKILL !! if u good, u can kick ass with many tactics. dont u think im right ?
Yes, you are absolutly right. I didnt say 2*basic magic is bad, i just said is is becoming so common but few are really good at using them. If you are, kudos to you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Magic Teo_live 7 5,872 2011-03-28, 08:54:22
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  FE-tactic LivingFR 18 10,390 2010-10-05, 03:06:37
Last Post: l2kassassisn
  Capturing Capture Points Efficiently (Basic Guide) LolCakeLazors 12 9,077 2009-05-11, 02:07:35
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  My view of weapons (and death magic) (Epic wall of text) bobbob247 6 5,923 2009-02-22, 16:36:02
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  a new tactic? italyrools 5 4,596 2007-11-20, 02:02:00
Last Post: Batto