Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI PROBLEM on 8.28 dont do anything
ai on 8.28 cannot play the game..
please fix it!!
Yeah I noticed it to. AI is removed or not working.
Ah ....

I disabled the AI to test something ... forgot enable it again -.-
Sry guys ...
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Ah okey. I don't play with computers on b.net, only at lan where there is few peoples.

Do you have a AI solution for tinker only mode? I wonder if the AI is capable to use tinker skills.

__

There was a AI bug in no tinker mode, but I don't know if you fixed it as I haven't checked it yet (each computer had 2 tanks!!!)
the AI does not use the tinker, because it would be too hard to script such a AI... it would have to decide where to place the towers, and has to evade attacking enemies... (but it would be the easiest to let the tinker use teleport everytime a rocket is shot onto it^^)

well, so in only tinker mode the AI does nothing... perhaps we can allow normal tanks for computers in the only tinker mode, would be the best i think...
Yeah, Exodus gave similar answer in another thread.
TKF Wrote:About the only tinker mode, is there a AI solution for that mode, so the AI doesn't choose a tank?
Exodus Wrote:Erm ... you mean only Tinker? Or is there another problem in No Tinker Mode?

In case you meant the only Tinker mode, there is no AI for the Tinker and I don't think one will be added since it's rather difficult to make a good one for the Tinker, its just too unconventional. So I thought it would be better to leave the AI in only Tinker mode as its normally. When you choose to play with bots you want to have an opponent I guess, so they are playing normally.
http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=668
Bob666 Wrote:the AI does not use the tinker, because it would be too hard to script such a AI...
i thought you would like a big "challenge" (herausforderung wollt ich sagen)??^^ :mrgreen:
NICHT mehr aktiv hier im Forum, seit Anfang 2008
well yes, some time ago i said that, but currently i am not mapping very much... and its a challenge, yes, but scripting it itself would be ok probably, but there are so much difficulties with the other parts of the AI, that the tinker AI would influence the current AI and so on... the AI isnt easy to change because the code isnt very structured, and that doesnt make funWink aaaaand the tinker AI project would be nothing i would love to see finished, and nobody else would, i think, thus it isnt worth doing it... its nothing of 5 hours or something, its way more complicated...
Tinker AI doesn't matter not so much to me. It would be nice if the com was smart enough to use different items just than weapons only ^^. Just as long as the AI is turned on the next version. Boring with no computers players on lan parties when I play Battle Tanks. We have to play a bit older version :S then.

btw next version coming soon?
for the next version release date only exodus can give information... and the AI using other items... hmm, dont know... the buying script would be difficult enough, and then make them use the items... oooh^^ i wont do it, at least not in the near future
I understand that such items as teleport and other activation items would be much work scripting, there simple items as speed, repair robots, hull and items that doesn't require script for using? Perhaps implement that in their random choices grouped with weapons. But that isn't so necessary either...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.72b] new kick system: I dont get it ssl 7 5,815 2010-10-30, 18:11:20
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  [8.61c] Medivac 2.0 Ulti dont give extra mana Gammagulp 3 2,632 2009-07-31, 16:15:46
Last Post: cacao
  [8.59] Upgrades dont work correct Gammagulp 30 18,257 2009-05-18, 22:22:55
Last Post: Princess_Bob
  [8.57]Banish and Ultimate Demon dont work Gammagulp 20 11,446 2009-03-24, 14:24:56
Last Post: qweqqweq
  [8.53] Healer dont spawn anymore Gammagulp 9 4,413 2008-09-14, 14:29:41
Last Post: Gammagulp