Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old Feedback 8.3x
Well sky tank isn't so extremely imba. Frost Robot is super effective against sky tank in most situation I've seen when I get in range since it both has Freeze and slow aura. well the air tanks does have about 80% of their hp in comparison to the price, (Heli does have 90%). I think the Web Launcher is a very good idea and useful item to counter to reduce imbaness of air tanks. It's it 1 step to reduce the air superiority. However I get annoyed every time the air tanks does fly and take advantage of the trees/hills.

About the web launcher I think it is good with 2 sec. I think it shouldn't be reduced. But it has a long cooldown.

Corrected fatal mispelling
siehe hier [was a german post]
I'm happy about the 8.25 version, but there is a couple of things that I think is unbalanced and could be changed.

TROOP COMMAND: It's a very strong item. Personally I think it should cost at least 2600-2700 gold. In 8.21 the spawned creeps got stronger, but nothing was done with troop command. The factory increased in cost in 8.22. In 8.24 the factory does even cost 5 food. The troop command doesn't cost food.

HEALING DRONES: Those healing drones released from air ship is still quite devastating. If there a lot of creeps, drones are kept busy and you wouldn't so easily see that they are deadly, but if the airship faces a enemy tank alone, you will notice how quick they kill the tank with help of the healing drones. ALSO the drones does heal the airship a lot. It feels like a simple copy of crypt lords locust swarm. Heals the air ship... -.- nurf nurf... even if it's nerfed in 8.24, it still HEALS the airship and does great damage.

HANDICAP COMMAND TINKER TOWER HEALING ABUSE: "-handicap 10" This command can be used to increase the regeneration of tinker towers with 900% that has repair modules, or you simply use repair skill. However the towers only get 10% of their hp, but a skilled tinker player will only use this CHEAT when no creeps or enemy tanks are attacking the towers. Before the towers are in danger, the tinker player just type -handicap 100 to return the towers hp to 100%, and then they probably fully healed. Make it so that this doesn't affect the towers, or simply remove this command.
TKF Wrote:but a skilled tinker player will only use this CHEAT when no creeps or enemy tanks are attacking the towers

r0fl... [Image: biggrinuc5.gif]
..a sKilled player will not use this abuse shit..he can hold his towers by himself..

[Image: winke17trj2.gif]
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
Every point will be adressed in the next version in a way.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Exodus Wrote:a tinker ... but he cant move, though I'm not too happy with that solution (shout box)

I'm not happy with that solution either.

Tinker can move with extreme snail speed, with 1 in speed ^^, also you can't sell your tank either (I always rely on selling me tank when I change into a larger tank). Also someone can give him a speed pack in -share mode, then tinker can go and build towers in no tinker mode. I would have change the tinker into a "pilot" (captain model) that can move around with no special skills in no tinker mode, but restricting this unit in triggers from buying artifacts (weapons) and let him have a unit type inventory (like tech mech). If it's custom mode and host chooses 30000 gold, you can't go get infernal, without buying a tank/heli first. You lose 400-500 gold in the prosess if you want infernal.

Immobile tinker is just stupid.

____

btw something is to be done with troop command in the next version?
We are still discussing about that topic.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
TKF Wrote:I would have change the tinker into a "pilot" (captain model) that can move around with no special skills in no tinker mode, but restricting this unit in triggers from buying artifacts (weapons) and let him have a unit type inventory (like tech mech).
I'd add some corrections.
0. Appeared in all modes as default character with same abilities and behavior.
1. No restrictions in bying any item(except maybe of a bomb:) )
2. Unit-type inventory - a pretty good idea. This would solve problems with p1 while no item actually works. May be except of hulls, speed-bonus items and teleporters.
I don't see any problem if such unit would walk the field of battle. It's player's decision to send him to death while explosives will not work!
3. Item inventory stays 6 slots(I hope I don't need to explain why).
4. Base speed about 200.
5. Tinker would cost now 200 gp to obtain:)

TKF Wrote:If it's custom mode and host chooses 30000 gold, you can't go get infernal, without buying a tank/heli first. You lose 400-500 gold in the prosess if you want infernal.
Why?
What is the propose of such solution?

TKF Wrote:Immobile tinker is just stupid.
Absolutely agreed.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
If the host chooses no tinker mode and chooses 30000 gold in custom mode, you can't move a inch from base if you want to buy infernal, cuz you have to get out of your base to get it, and therefor I suggested a pilot for no tinker mode so you can at least move around. Also it must be possible to sell your tank as well in no tinker mode.
See my topic about Pilot and tanks at all:
HERE
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Habe es grad mal mit Kumpels getestet und wir sind zu dem Schluss gekommen, dass das Troop Command (2500Gold) viel zu billig und eben dafür zu stark ist. Dies fällt insbesondere am Beginn eines Spieles auf, allein 2 Mann mit Tinker und Troop Command können ganz einfach 2 Gegner an deren eigen Punkt mit den Trioops killen und so den Punkt einfach erobern.
Ich bin also der Meinung, dass das Troop Command deutlich teurer werden muss.

mfg Willy
yes we know, that the tc is imba atm, but we'll fix it in next versionSmile

p.s. bitte englisch schreiben hier, wir haben das forum umgestellt.
No Support via PM!!
psycho_dmr Wrote:yes we know, that the tc is imba atm, but we'll fix it in next versionSmile

Yesss... Nothing can stop me now! :twisted:
TKF Wrote:I have played a game, where a nub nOOb, as usual don't buy weapons at start. He was light tank. I tell him to buy a weapon, but the weapon he buys is a catapult, and I tried to explain that He must click on it to use it against units, but he didn't understand that... perhaps make the description Catapult (Building) to Catapult (Building) or Catapult (Building only) Add a color to those weapon which target spesific units. (Air only), (Ground Only) and (Player Vehicles Only). Colored text catch attension more easily.
quote from "Item boons! How to deal with this..." thread

Perhaps add info about change weapon mode at hints
Quote:8.23 changes: Rebalanced Thunder Hammer (Goblin Tank) and Heavy Rocket (Heavy Tank), Stun now increases with each level
I wondering why the heavy tank and goblin tank have increasing stun duration. So why do only they have that. And not the other tanks stunning abilities. Like the demolisher's artillery shot could have done 0.5 sec stun for each level. And the shredder have it in a similar way. Why does only heavy tank and goblin tank get this increased stun time for each level?

The shredders melee attack does 2 sec stun on all levels, but the goblin tank with that huge hammer does only stun 0.5 sec on lv1, 0.5 additional stun time for each level :| 2.5 sec on level 5.
What's going on lag wise?

8.2x games are still laggy. I used to be able to host 5v5 no problem. Now people complain that it's laggy.

This really needs to be worked on. Not only myself, but others as well, host 8.15 because of the lag free gameplay.

I have 32 kilobytes of upload. This should be more than enough for a 5v5.
Bounty Formula:

Code:
( 125 + (Tankcosts / 65) ) * ( ( Kills + 80 ) / ( Deaths +80 ) )

Well the good thing is that the formula is adjusted so each cheap kill is worth more. Also the change rate which is adjusted by kills/deaths has been reduced. This may make a short game shorter.

Well the drawback is that the tanks bounty value calculation is reduced with about 25%. Making the kills of expensive tanks worth almost 25% less than it would be in 8.22-8.26. But this does sort of extend gameplay even more on long battles where the short game time ends.
About the traders trade goods, I find it to cheap to get factory when you only needs 5 goods to get it. 1 hard trade good, 2 goods on each lane, making it only 5 goods. The factory costs 3300 and a bit to easy for trader to get it in my opinion as trade good. I think this was the trade requirements in older versions was the same before the factory became a multi creep spawner in the 8.2x versions. I think someone has mentioned in the forum before, but I would like to refresh this again. I would perhaps suggest 1x+ fossil/skeleton in addition.

Current trade requirements

Dark Force:
1x fossil
2x cheese
2x salt

Light Force:
1x skeleton
2x water
2x oil

Edit_

Reinforcement is wasted when you die at once when using it, perhaps spawning 2-4 marines then die. You lose 500 gold on that. What if the player dies when attemtping to use it? Diying player could get 25 gold for every unit not summoned upon death.
sry for german, but i will quote havana, cause i find his idea VERY good, and no one read it...
Quote:sätze wie "dont try to die often" oder wie der auch formuliert war, sind sinnlos für mich.
es ist mir klar, dass man nich oft sterben darf, das ist überall so, in nahezu jedenm game jeden genres...

da müssen sätze rein wie "it's NOT possibleto control your weapons", "Balance your HP-DMG-relation"
oder "DON'T play too offensive".... solche sätze sind viel BT-spezifischer und so auf jeden fall wirkungsvoller, als die bisherigen.
NICHT mehr aktiv hier im Forum, seit Anfang 2008
can anyone translate it then, because i cant understand completely.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple feedback BENNIE.FM 3 3,818 2013-03-19, 17:46:15
Last Post: eSVau
  Being a Referee - Feedback TKF 4 4,108 2010-11-09, 10:25:44
Last Post: Velocity2k
  Ability Adjustment Feedback TKF 18 10,598 2010-09-08, 16:00:01
Last Post: TKF
  Feedback on the terrain changes (8.56) Khristophoros 3 3,494 2008-12-22, 13:20:21
Last Post: Khristophoros
  BT 8.53b Feedback Exodus 11 6,934 2008-10-15, 02:51:04
Last Post: italyrools