Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old Feedback 8.3x
he just wanted to mention that some of the tips could be replaced...
like replacing "try to not die often" with "weapons shoot autoamtically" and so on...
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
I can agree that some of them could be changed so the players does understand them more directly.

Feedback summary:

1. Speaking of net launcher, I find it's cooldown a bit long.

2. The wards have a bit short detection range.

3. In fog of war mode, the air tanks can hide themselves in the trees without getting revealed. Something must be done about this.

4. Also a pilot seems to be able to fire his weapons in no tinker mode (was it 8.27? or 8.28?). I don't know this has been fixed yet.

5. I find this CV mode odd, when the timer resets for every time, it starts on 15 minutes again. And when the enemy cannot fight back, we destroy their base before 15 min has passed. I find that each team has to hold all CP for 15 minutes in total more appealing. Have you played a 2:30 long cv game? I think not, or probably not. If someone takes 1 CP and there is 10:40 left, is temporary paused, not reset. When you take it back again, countdown starts from 10:40 again and counts. What about this? Each team can have it's own countdown timer. Or will it stay the same?

8.27 changelogs Wrote:The Dead, Lava- and Chaos-Servants now have 25% less Hitpoints
6. But that didn't include the guard treants? They are quite strong actually.
8.27 changelogs Wrote:Removed the radar from the Mine Remote Fuse
7. What if a number occurred over the area where you used the sweep, The number only tells how many mines there are withing 600 range of where you tried to defuse/guess. It doesn't tell where, but gives a hint if the area is full of mines or not. Buying radar will of course give you full insight where the mines is.

8.27 changelogs Wrote:Mine damage now increases with each weapon upgrade (+3%)
8. I find them a little powerful, level 3 mine (2 attack level) can kill a helicopter now; before the change, you almost killed it. What if the demolisher mines does 300 for each level now as you applied the team attack level boost to mines deadliness?
Ok, here are some anwsers:

1. and 2. I think there is no problem when I'll buff them

3. Even when an enemy ground tank is nereby?

4. Fixed

5. Maybe not stopping, but adding some penalty minutes. So, when the timer stopped at 8 minutes, it will start again at 10 minutes. Just as an example.

6. I don't that the Guard has to be made any weaker than he is right now.

7. You mean, additionally to the effect is has right now? Defusing in a range of 150 (or something like that) and telling you how much Mines there are in a range of 600?

8. I'll change the way Mines and Explosives will deal their damage in the next version, which will be an inderect nerf.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
about the fog issue, a helicopter is out of sight for ground tanks if he is using the trees for sight cover. I experienced this for some versions ago.

Put the CV timer in phases sounds good. If you hold them for 5 min, a 10 min timer will occur if you retake CP's. Succeeding in holding it for over 10 min and you you lose it, a 5 min timer will occur next time when you succeed to hold all CP's.

Exodus Wrote:7. You mean, additionally to the effect is has right now? Defusing in a range of 150 (or something like that) and telling you how much Mines there are in a range of 600?
Yeah something like that. Perhaps a teal color "3!" or "3 enemy mines nearby" appear, if there is 3 mines within 600 range. But if there is a mines where you defuse it, the mine(s) explodes or not counted. Perhaps make the count after this effect.

_______

Also the infernals ultimate is bugged. Starfall is totally unreliable. Often only 1 wave instead of 2 waves comes.
Batto Wrote:can anyone translate it then, because i cant understand completely.

=

sentences like "dont triy to die often" are very stupid...
That's understood, that's in all warcraft games so...
there must be new sentences like "its not possible to control your weapons", "balance your hp-dmg relation"
or "dont play to offensive"... such sentences are more BT-specific and are more effectively than the old one...

cya, Phönix
NICHT mehr aktiv hier im Forum, seit Anfang 2008
I've made a thread about improving hints.

About the rush mode, why does the tanks starts as lv1?

btw if a team has full tech level, do you get extra gold from the force? If not it doesn't pay off to upgrade to max. You should sort of get a bonus for that when the force no longer can upgrade the team and give the gold to the players.

the titan is somewhat of very lol Big Grin

nice model, nice done, overall ok. but 2 things i got to say about him.

1) his arm movement is ok as long he has his normal speed. when you buy a speed upgrade (which is highly recommended :lol: ), this movement is getting too fast, making him look rather like a caricature. when he is blocked by creeps, it starts looking weird too. maybe making him able to move "over" creeps? hes looking like he could ^^

2) his ultimate seems to be far too imba, cant imagine that its balanced in any way, even for the tank price. maybe make it channeling?

other changes in that version are fine, i like the gold awarded for a capture! if several players capture a cp, do they each get the 75 gold? is it shared?

so long, very nice
Everyone gets the 75 gold.

Regarding Titan, the balancing was kinda difficult ... he needs strong abilities, because he's by far the most expensive tank and its his ultimate, and it does no damage ... maybe too much, maybe not. Time will tell.
TKF Wrote:Infernal Titan

A good possible addon for the 3 only existing robots/walkers
The model looks good! 6/10
The model does look like a robot
The model has small filesize
The model does look perhaps like a proper warcraft model

The model does perhaps fit into a BT map
The animations are good, but too stiff

The model looks a bit nimble and not so sturdy

I'm unsure of this model if it could fit in Battle tanks. Otherwise it look like a walking variant of demon tank.

And Exodus replied
Exodus Wrote:Hm, I think I'll take a closer look at the Infernal Titan.

And that was the event from the "Model requirements for fitting into the BATTLE TANKS map!" thread in editor forum. I did find his animation a bit unsatisfactory and doubted a bit this could end up in Battle Tanks, but I was wrong.

Titan (25000)

Price: 25000
Hp: 25000
Speed: 250
Armor: 25

I suggest a better icon for it. Use another icon than the demon tank icon which is already used.

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNInfernalFlameCannon.blp

Hailfire - does AOE dmg to an area

1200 dmg pr level, 0.7 stun pr level, 10 mp cost pr level.

Confusedhock: that was much dmg and stunConfusedhock:

Structure Shutdown
- 8 mp cost pr level.

Does some dmg pr sec and long stun vs a building.

Devil Explosion - Huge BOOOF! (I think the "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVolcano.blp" fits better than earthquake icon)

1000 dmg pr level

StillConfusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Fightning Spirit

You and allied teammates cannot have less than 25% hp while this lasts, and heals 500 hp pr sec.

Well is is quite imba, if you cannot get killed.

duration: 3+1 sec pr level

The replacement of tank cannon

Unstable Explosions (Passive)

5% pr level for dying unit to do 2000! dmg to nearby units (Chain reactions?)

___

This Titan do insanely much damage, even though he has a bit slow speed, it's still much. I think it should be nerfed a little. He can survive well without weapons, 30000 gold custom mode with high tank level. Though he's without tank cannon, his overwhelming abilities cover for than. Also the passive replacement of tank cannon is quite good.

btw nice change about the trader skill.
Played my first 8.29 game just yet and here are some remarks:

as said: titan is bit imba and the -nw command doesnt work anymore.

For the rest, i like the new tank, i like new changes, i am a happy dude...Smile
TKF Wrote:
TKF Wrote:Infernal Titan

A good possible addon for the 3 only existing robots/walkers
The model looks good! 6/10
The model does look like a robot
The model has small filesize
The model does look perhaps like a proper warcraft model

The model does perhaps fit into a BT map
The animations are good, but too stiff

The model looks a bit nimble and not so sturdy

I'm unsure of this model if it could fit in Battle tanks. Otherwise it look like a walking variant of demon tank.

And Exodus replied
Exodus Wrote:Hm, I think I'll take a closer look at the Infernal Titan.

And that was the event from the "Model requirements for fitting into the BATTLE TANKS map!" thread in editor forum. I did find his animation a bit unsatisfactory and doubted a bit this could end up in Battle Tanks, but I was wrong.

It's true that the animations aren't the best ones, but I felt like its time for a new tankWink

TKF Wrote:5% pr level for dying unit to do 2000! dmg to nearby units (Chain reactions?)

Yes, the explosions can cause a chain reaction.
Lol! It does twice as much dmg as infernals skills, and it doesn't cost twice. Even though it's tinker slow, I think the AOE spell should do 1000 dmg OR cost 1-2 more mp pr level and perhaps a bit less stun at least (lv5 3.5s stun is WAY TO IMBA, perhaps 0.4s stun pr level?), and that huge explosive spell, should cost 2 more mp pr level OR do 800 dmg pr level.

These abilities are quite strong and still has 10mp pr level logic. Aiming rocket cost 11mp pr level and it's a weak ability compared to these juggernaught skills.
ice prison from frost robo has 4secs stun too (or 3?) ... but okay, that tank is imba too ^^
No Support via PM!!
Is it only me who complain about the Titan's skills :? ? For me it feels like the abilties of an 35000-40000 gold tank. Abilities that does 5000-6000 dmg at lv5 makes infernal look like a infernal pidgeon in comparison (I know, I'm exaggerating).

Well I'm surprised if no one thinks the titan abilities are overwhelming. I haven't seen anyone who have commented that the Titans abilities are to strong.

Exodus Wrote:Regarding Titan, the balancing was kinda difficult ... he needs strong abilities, because he's by far the most expensive tank and its his ultimate, and it does no damage ... maybe too much, maybe not. Time will tell.

Time will tell....

does no damage part can be misunderstood, someone could think that he don't have abilities that can do dmg. You mean the Tank-Cannon.
No, on that part I was only refering to his ultimate, since you only said that his ultimate is imba before.
it was me who complained about his ultimate... but now i tested him in a real game and i saw that it is quite ok. its a tank for 25k. the only problem i see with his ultimate: imagine a team of 5 titans, each casting the ultimate one after another. if its lvl 5, the first one will get his ready in the time the last one's stop. Confusedhock:

...or not? cooldown doesnt seem so long

anyway, i really doubt that we will ever see him in a serious normal mode game. if we do, saving for him will be worth, not imba
You're right with the cooldown, I wanted to make it longer, but forgot it ^^" Was too much to do this version ... but it shouldn't be possible to have that buff constantly casted on you, even if it's very unlikely that this situation occurs.
with starting money 3,000, right, very unlikely

with starting money 30,000 i dont think so :twisted:
you just need to check the casting sequence with your mates.

but if the cooldown will be longer, the titan is generally ok and balanced i think.

but the model, animations and his icon are different things, maybe there could be some improvement. but that is not an urgent need.
There seem to be a drop issue with troop command. Even it's cooldown is finished, I can't sell by tank. Suddenly I could :S.

Also the shredder is cheaper (3000), and I think it's to cheap. This is not a normal start tank.
Rename the thread to feedback 8.3x or rename it.

Trader Whining

Trading has been bad since the traders speed is set down to 250. It means a lot in start, but not so much when you really got high amount is wood and turbo speed.

The trader skill is unusual. It improves exponencial, which means it really sucks at start, while in 1 hour games, it really boosts cargo capacity greatly by allowing sometimes a item for just 9 wood, which increases trade rate.

Both changes has contributes to increase trade rate in greater degree of exponensial growth rate. Which means the trader gains insane income in longer games, while more sucky at start.

I don't like the traders new hotkey, T!!! I like A better. Also A is close to W, which is shadow walk. There so long distance between W and T!! I want A back!!! A!

Also the trader skill says "Stufe 2" :S What's Stufe?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple feedback BENNIE.FM 3 3,757 2013-03-19, 17:46:15
Last Post: eSVau
  Being a Referee - Feedback TKF 4 3,995 2010-11-09, 10:25:44
Last Post: Velocity2k
  Ability Adjustment Feedback TKF 18 10,479 2010-09-08, 16:00:01
Last Post: TKF
  Feedback on the terrain changes (8.56) Khristophoros 3 3,449 2008-12-22, 13:20:21
Last Post: Khristophoros
  BT 8.53b Feedback Exodus 11 6,839 2008-10-15, 02:51:04
Last Post: italyrools