Poll: Do you like this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
60.00%
6 60.00%
No
10.00%
1 10.00%
Maybe
30.00%
3 30.00%
Tinker mines is better!
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if tinkers build missile silo instead of laying mines?
What if tinker could build missile silos that slowly makes cruise missiles and can only store 1 at the time. (well not nukes, but high dmg cruise missiles that can does a small AOE dmg, firebomb logic on impact) it will spawn a cruise missile every 3 minute, ready to fire, and it must be fired manually. It begins spawning the next missile immediate after the cruise missile is fired

it costs 16 food, and is very weak too! Unlimited range. Follows target. The cruise missile can be shot down by everything, and can have 350 speed.

200 full dmg area, 500 half dmg area

lv1: 400 missile hp, 1600 full dmg, 800 half, 2000 hp (silo hp)
lv2: 500 missile hp, 2000 full dmg, 1000 half, 2500 hp
lv3: 600 missile hp, 2400 full dmg, 1200 half, 3000 hp
lv4: 700 missile hp, 2800 full dmg, 1400 half, 3500 hp
lv5: 800 missile hp, 3200 full dmg, 1600 half, 4000 hp

Since the missile has so low hp, I think it deserve to have so much dmg. Also prevents it to harm units deep in enemy teritory being so easily shot down with low hp.

10 day poll...
only against hero and buildings?
btw reincarnation was more a joke like an idea. ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Ok, reincarnation was a joke. Well I barely understand deutsch so I it's hard to tell the difference between a joke or not in german.

Well I thought the missile could target both heroes and buildings.

I can't imagine yet how the missile silo will look like (model)
well there arent any imported models so u will have to get a ingame model for it... (maybe the hidden undead builind? or flame tower...)

hero or builing would be best, atacking creeps, well... ^^
moreover should the modules affect the missile, too?
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Well haven't thought about the modules. No, the modules will only affect the silo itself, not the missile. 5 slots for modules and 1 slot for the missile. You can put weapons in it too, but I thought the missile silo to be a bit fragile, so that won't be so smart to put weapons in it, even it's possible. Missile silo does not attack, it's like a bunker, with ability to fire missiles. My idea was it was spawned after 3 minutes. then the missile appear in the missile silo's inventory. Also there should be a ability too! to fire the missile! When it has fired, it will has to go another 3 min until it can fire again. In normal game it's very hard to get the tinker at level 10 and when you get your tinker at level 10, it's unlikely the enemy tanks are so weak or are hulless, unless they only bought weapons and has the starting tank, except the demolisher; so it's a ranged attack weapon, thats does some considerable dmg.

the cooldown could be changed too! but I thought the silo could cost 16 food, and you will able to have 1 silo + 3 towers, or 2 silo's + 1 tower at the same time. 3 minutes sounds a bit long(, maybe 2.5 :?)

Maybe it should look like a ziggurat.
as u said, one slot for missile, then u could set the first slot of the tower for the missle, then it would get one of the module bonuses. (extra damage, more hp, hp reg, all could be really useful too)
maybe some kind of buying extra? (100G*level of tower for modullevel of ability)
well anyway i like this suggestion of u. ^^
i like it too... i think the mines are too weak for a lvl 10 ultimate... even if its the tinker... u need tons of them on one place to have chance to kill someone...
Well I find this more fun than the crumpy tinker mine skill. Demolisher is a miner to.

Even tho many like this idea, it's BT mapper which decides. Applying my idea could change the gameplay considerable, and it may be many reasons to let the tinker still be unchanged.
well i play alot bt .. and i see that when tinker reach lvl 10 almost other player change on heavyer tanks and this mine skill dont even reach damage needed to kill a player.. the demolisher is in different situation.. he can at beginning skill the mines .. and also kill some tanks.. earning some money tinker cant ... exo .. think about mines lvl 10 .. maybe its better tinker get another skill but also think about getting tinker not imba!

MfG ICE
~=| LuVs |=~
or maybe just powerup the mine (damage x3??) and let them be placed at a range of 900?
If you watch my proposed dmg on my cruise missiles, it's only does 2x dmg than the current tinker mines can do. Also long missile spawn cooldown on the silo. But the tinker decides where the missile should target and may target the weakest, therefore bigger chance for a kill.
well .. i think tinker is imba when he builds tower ... if u let him get 1 more tower like missle silo it is totaly imbalanced .. u forget silo also have hp and must get down .. different like mines ..they dont protect tinker by deflecting weapons on it..
~=| LuVs |=~
i think it would be nice if the silo have very low hp and very much range , so that the tinker can build it behind some towers and if the silo shot for example 3 times the silo will be self destroyd and the tinker have to build another one , so it wouldnt be so imba
[Image: wwwshadowvk9.png]
Der einzige Anti-Grav user in den weiten des B-net
looooooooooool .... and which cooldown shall this silo have ? 20 sec ? for 1 rocket ? range 1800 ? damage 800 ? its quite annoying building this silo again and again .. how much hp ? 1 ??? for faster building.. probably in case of a mine ?
~=| LuVs |=~
Good that someone disagrees and has an another opinion. As I said this could change the gameplay too much...
stop talking ironical .... it is my opinion .. another tower for tinker ? but only by costing food ... see the other thread u writing about food .. sayjuki wrote u an answer ..
~=| LuVs |=~
Also I thought the missiles have low hp, so it won't penetrate deep defenses without getting killed. Also the missiles can be hit by the players weapons while in transit, and will most likely be destroyed before impact if the enemy tanks/air is moving away from the missile. 450 missile speed. My idea was to have a permanent silo like the towers, with long missile respawn, every 3 minute or similar cooldown.

But this can be a cruel weapon when the enemy base is under siege and put them under press with WOMD (Weapon of mass destruction). This could make the tinker a bit to imba on the winning team. Also vice versa, the defending team could need this.

When the player buy a tank, the towers and silos disappear.

Well if the tinker don't deserve this ability; maybe add a Goblin Enginner (Look like alchemist) at tanks contruction hall and make him be able to make stasis traps, create stationary machine guns (wards), teleport (instead of tank-cannon), Weapon modules (Instead of tinkers tower modules) on stationary guns and other towers and his lv10 could be missile silo. Haven't thought this idea through tho, Only fell out of my mind... Forgot repair...

Maybe add a new suggestion tread about new tanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assist Mines PaPPa_D 0 1,731 2011-07-31, 09:38:55
Last Post: PaPPa_D
  Tinkers and repair bots at start TKF 2 2,409 2010-08-31, 18:04:55
Last Post: Althend
  Tinkers, too effective in mid lane creeping? Keiser 28 11,995 2010-07-05, 00:00:49
Last Post: Hibiko
  Does remove fuse suck hard? Or the hulls pwn mines better? TKF 12 7,149 2009-11-21, 22:43:03
Last Post: IlPalazzo
  disable putting wards, mines and factories in enemy base benben10 17 7,700 2009-05-04, 22:30:30
Last Post: Tynkywinky