Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retarded clan members abusing the retarded kick system
Well my last Ranked game was rather average. I had a score of 20-17 with about 16 assists and saving up for a sky fortress. Not outstanding but certainly not bad.

However a certain clan member "disliked" my choice of tank and weaponry and attempted a vote kick without even questioning. Since the entire game was filled with members of the same stupid clan and lanners, I got kicked pretty fast and many of them admitted after the game in private chat that they only kicked me "because their friend wanted it". I won't mention names (Magicabula, Bourn and friends)

Really the kick system needs to be updated. I have seen people have scores of 3-17 and we can't kick them because they die too slow. Yet a score of 20-17 is kickable? The kick system seems to work by how many times you die/time, and does not consider kill:death ratio. On a side note, clan-filled ranked games are yet another reason I am leaning towards qualify rather than Ranked. I wonder if I am the only one that has experienced crappy clan/friend filled games.
Of course it does not consider kill:death ratio, otherwise someone who feeds on purpose after an ok start would not be kickable.

You cannot have a kick system accounting for all circumstances, there will always be some way to abuse it. Nothing we can do about it.
That's redundant because someone who feeds on purpose could just as easily be banned anyway for sabotage. You cannot have a kick system perfect yes, but it can be dramatically improved. Still I don't think you fully understood me.

What I meant was it should consider kill:death/time rather then just death/time. So lets say you had a good start but then you purpose feed 10 deaths in 5 minutes, you can be kicked since the AI will show a kill ratio of 0:10/5mins. However if you get 10 kills and 10 deaths in 5 minutes you won't be kicked, as it will show 10:10/5mins.

On a side note, avoid dying for your team if Bourn/Magic is on your team (or any other crappy clans/lanners). Mass "friends" seem to screw over the outsider at the first available opportunity it seems
Dying is always bad independent of how many kills someone did. Dying with a high kill count is even worse because you probably do have a higher tank value.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
What I found weird though was they could kick me on 20-17, but I couldn't kick them with 10-16...? Surely my score was better (with higher assists too), but it made no difference to the kicking AI unfortunately. I suppose it was because his deaths were more gradual while mine were big bursts of deaths everynow and then.

Dying isn't always bad especially with a lot of CP defending being done and placing ones self in Danger purposefully to try save someone via sharing their damage (that's the entire reason my death count was high at the time, being a good teammate does suck it seems sigh...)

Still, your both right nothing can be done to stop people abusing the kick system in Ranked games. Guess I will just have to toughen up and live with itSad
Moral of the story: if you play in a game full of clan members/friends, be selfish let them die and defend cp's less to avoid being kicked unfairly. It is immature, but it is the only way I can think of to not get kicked unfairly (why clan fags can't make a private game for themselves instead of ruining Ranked games I will never know...)
The only solution that I see, is to remove any dependency on k:d, so it would only be possible to kick afk players. Otherwise the system will be abused. No matter how you design the system, when there is any relation to k:d, there will be situations, where a kick would be justified but isn't possible and vice versa.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I agree there can't be a perfect system, but the current one could be better, especially since it promotes selfish playing. My opinion about feeding and kick (-afk influence is fine imo):
- kill:death ratio of 1:1 or better shouldn't be kickable (can feed on purpose but that's still a ban reason isn't it),
- death:assist radtio of, let's say, 1:2 or better and death:support of 1:3 shouldn't be kickable (being the stunner and poor bastard who chosen the lowest range on mid while allies don't cover or the one who builds barrier etc),
- "necessary death streaks" as already mentioned [being the guy who teleports first and dies just to buy time for the rest to come ans save cp (or do you want to lose your cps because the only one who could teleport did not because he would die and be kicked?)].
I really do not understand why someone who should be banned anyway should not be kickable instantly. In my opinion only afk players and those who would/will be banned should be kicked anyway. There are no other valid kick reasons.
I think a good easy way is to add a relationship to other players death
maybe the average of all ppl in the game or the team ur in
for example if all (or team) have average 16 death and ur the one with 17 ur not kickable, still u got much death at the last 5 min
and then add a multiplier-time ralated kicksystem so if u have 3 times the average death at the first 5 min u kickable, then downgrade it to 2,5 times at the next period, and so on, just need a good relationship between multiplier and time, i think the last should be at 1.5 by 1h so if the average death are 20 ur kickable with 30 death

so its only aviable to kick someone who really feeds, bc at the moment when someone is feeding? when he dies 3 times in a row bc he defend cps, but still has only 10 death by average 11 death?

ofc its always count on the ppl who use the kick option, but its more fair then i think

i promote a relation to all ppl death, bc then the kills u do raise the average deaths, so ur k:d ratio count too a lit bit
(2012-07-26, 12:02:50)Prog Wrote: I really do not understand why someone who should be banned anyway should not be kickable instantly. In my opinion only afk players and those who would/will be banned should be kicked anyway. There are no other valid kick reasons.

agree totally agree

However i like to point out one thing that pisses me off teams 7600 vs 7600

Both teams are made of 4 players who have 1500+ elo and then one 1440 the thing is when he feeds ok sure its not helping the team but elo is created to balance teams if he wasn't feeding according to elo game wouldn't be near as balanced

so a heads up to those dicks who kick players who have low elo and are low skilled they are on your team for a reason ,sometimes not having a huge ego and thinking everyone should play very is stupid people must realize elos are there to balance teams so when you get a shit player on your team don't refer to flaming and calling him a noob your not going to get anywhere try help him out.

As for players who flame and then feed i guess people have a point to kick

But kicking in most circumstance is dum thing i find most common is players put a very high skilled player vs low skilled lane player and then they blame him maybe you should think it through abit when picking lanes obviously there cases were the noob wants to lane

In my view you shouldn't be kicked in many circumstances i refuse to kick for feed now in ranked and qualify i just try help them out

Main point is elo balances teams so you may have a low skilled player but how do you want elo to balance the game
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Crag_Hack mentioned something important IMO - relationship between your deaths and team deaths.
There are guys that makes lot of kill at start but also dies a lot. Rest of team plays - let's just say - regular.
The effect is after 30 mins 1 guy has for example 20-20 and rest team average 7-7.
This effect is 1 guy fed and 4 guys fighting vs better fed enemies. That can rly destroy game.
(2012-07-29, 04:13:30)progg Wrote: Crag_Hack mentioned something important IMO - relationship between your deaths and team deaths.
There are guys that makes lot of kill at start but also dies a lot. Rest of team plays - let's just say - regular.
The effect is after 30 mins 1 guy has for example 20-20 and rest team average 7-7.
This effect is 1 guy fed and 4 guys fighting vs better fed enemies. That can rly destroy game.
I disagree, the result is 4 guys are fed minorly and 1 guy is fed MASSIVELY. The end result should be more or less even (especially if the massively fed guy does weapon/armor upgrades for the team)

The kick system needs a decent upgrade, taking kills and assists into consideration at the very least. Anyone purpose feeding can be banned so that situation shouldn't even be an issue (sure they can purpose feed in qualify, but surely incentive to play ranked is a good thing?). Also purpose feeding is impossible if the kick system counts K:D ratio over time, rather than just K:D overall.

I agree with Bennie.FM I hate kicking people, I do it as an absolute last resort. Unfortunately clans/friends are abusing it, sure the kick system can always be abused but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. It is annoying knowing people can kick you for aggressive play styles and cp defense. The current system of Death/time should be replaced with Kill:death/time, anyone above a 49% K:D/Time ratio should be unkickable
in qualify you can add a timer that you only can kick bad players after 15 minutes because of noob protaction. every new player got a chance to learn how to play in this 15 minutes and if he feed he would be kickable after this 15 min or 10 min.

I think that the kicksystem demanding on the K/D is a good idea. If someone got a -5 K/D he must be instandly kickable.

The game can prove how long this game need and how are the stats of the guy who will be kicked. 4 kills and 15 deaths after 25 min should be kickable too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,251 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  AFK counter vs kick system with less players / re-kick timer / multi-afk griffin1987 1 2,683 2014-01-23, 00:46:23
Last Post: Exodus
  Explosives and kick penalty ichwillrotsein 2 3,275 2013-01-21, 00:14:59
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  5 min kick starting afker issue, it was 3 min before AeroniumX 0 1,940 2013-01-06, 01:18:25
Last Post: AeroniumX
  kick system LoveComesAgain 53 34,493 2012-10-22, 04:33:19
Last Post: UnifiedDoom