Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add descriptions/suggestions to tanks/weapons
Since there's more and more very bad players in game, and we can see 1300 goblin or 2khp heli with poison more often i suggest to add discriptions to tanks and weapons wich says what u need to make the thing u buy working good.
For example:
Poison magic - works good with lot of hp and it's recommended to buy tp in suite with this weapon.
Goblin - works good with short range and teleport.
Sky ship (remember it's for naewbies) - works good with 950-1000 range and hull after 20 min.
Infernal - it's neccesarry to buy batteries for this tank.
etc.
etc.
I got enought of bad players who take all your suggestions as an attack and can react only by beeing agressive and flameing.
Even if it will work with 10-20% of players it's gonna be succesfull.
I know where your coming from progg since I've been in a few games when you have constantly told other people to buy certain items for certain tanks, and to your dismay they did not. That being said, if a player does not listen to the team chat, what makes you think that he will listen to item descriptions?

I also disagree in your be-all-end-all method of choosing the ideal items/strategies for tanks. Strategies were created over time and caught on simply because they worked well in the past. Trying new things was the only reason these strategies were created in the first place. We share mutual respect for each other skills; however, my perception of an "ideal" frost-robot or titan inventory may be far different than yours. Remember the game I told you to buy teleporter before poison on demon when you decided to buy poison before teleporter? I do cringe when people don't buy tp on goblin tank, but its their choice on how they play the game not ours. In short suggestions should be limitted to the team chat and personal opinion, if you want to discuss any paticular strategies I would gladly post on the strategy discussions forum.
(2011-07-21, 17:38:47)UnifiedDoom Wrote: I know where your coming from progg since I've been in a few games when you have constantly told other people to buy certain items for certain tanks, and to your dismay they did not. That being said, if a player does not listen to the team chat, what makes you think that he will listen to item descriptions?

As i said b4. People often don't listen becouse they treat your suggestions/advices like attack. Guy may think "hey, who are you to tell me what should i do". The more noob they are, the most common this situation is.
Look how rare situation is when newbie ask others what to buy, how to play?
I played about 600-700 bt games and i still sometimes ask what would be better. Sugestions are good. The choice is always yours.
Back to the main topic - when they can read those sugestions their pride won't be threatened comparing to situation when somebody else telling them what to do.

(2011-07-21, 17:38:47)UnifiedDoom Wrote: I also disagree in your be-all-end-all method of choosing the ideal items/strategies for tanks. Strategies were created over time and caught on simply because they worked well in the past. Trying new things was the only reason these strategies were created in the first place. We share mutual respect for each other skills; however, my perception of an "ideal" frost-robot or titan inventory may be far different than yours.

Ofcourse you are 100% right.
But remember whe are talkin about sugestions for ultra newbies who playes for example 1300 gobo or 1k heli with 3 weapons.
I'm not talking about perfect sets for tanks. I mean only some general suggestions about the tanks.

(2011-07-21, 17:38:47)UnifiedDoom Wrote: Remember the game I told you to buy teleporter before poison on demon when you decided to buy poison before teleporter? I do cringe when people don't buy tp on goblin tank, but its their choice on how they play the game not ours. In short suggestions should be limitted to the team chat and personal opinion, if you want to discuss any paticular strategies I would gladly post on the strategy discussions forum.

My choice then was very good. I earned for tp in 2 minutes. If i bought tp instead of poison i would be unable to kill (since all had minimum 7-8k hp) with dps i had.
I trapped myself few times since fast demon is a big recantation hitting mainly in your dps when i bought tp first and was unable to creep or kill.
Lots of ppl are resistant for advices/team spirit, therfore it would be nice to let them learn by their own.
I definitely agree with this idea there are half amount of people who just dont listen to good advices.
It's annoying when you are trying to win you have to teach low skilled people how to play. It may cause worse stats or losing cp factories.
There should be limited amount of penalty points to 50 which will force getting kicked noobs to play qualifies and not ruining league games
i think its good to make an update of the website and add a new area in the info zone or a new navi link with tank descriptions... maybe comments or player experience.

filling the game with tons of information will only force "noobs" to read first and missing 5 mins of the game.

an idea is maybe to just but red/orange/green words like experienced/average/beginner "playing experience" for a quick overview.

like:
heli, lighttank // beginner
demolisher, medivac, scout //average
tinker, antigrav, shreddar, random //experienced
Well, the wiki was supposed to be the place for information like that. Unfortunately the amount of people contributing was/is very low.
dont think a shitload of text / information will help any noob. a newbie would check the page, the wiki and adapt common in game strategies to improve his skill.
a noob - like c1eaner or lotto etc - will never learn no matter how easy it was
Most players will never check wiki, and stibi you're right. There are some players who will never improve. But there also a group of players who will use it if it's made good. As i wrote earlier - even when 10-20% of newbies will read and andopt it - it's gonna be succesfull change imo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Tanks BENNIE.FM 5 6,539 2015-06-07, 15:11:56
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Creating some new tanks BENNIE.FM 4 5,706 2015-04-14, 11:37:20
Last Post: 91846
  Battle Tanks Open Source - v8.63 Exodus 0 4,048 2014-04-21, 12:25:17
Last Post: Exodus
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,237 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,053 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987