Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
good manners
can someone explain to me why here everyone have to complain why they lose...always someone have to say : (playername) ruin the game! or : you are lucky noobs... and etc. why can't you just say GG; nice play and go to the next game...
some times we play against much better players and we just lose but that doesn't mean that we are noobs. and don't start to accuse if someone gets killed, you don't have to kick him if he try to help- help you defend; attack etc. he may not be as good as you but at least he try
so pls be more well-mannered and no matter if you win or lose just say GGSmile
what's the meaning of gg?
Good Game = GGWink it's something that is become a sign of sportsmanship in gamingSmile
here we go with example from tonight: i have 14 kills and 20 deaths, most assists in the game (28) and highest APM (but i always get thatBig Grin ); and some guy from my team didn't stop calling me noob, and saying that i can't play...even try to kick me...
can anyone tell me what's wrong in my stats that i have to be kicked (yes i have more deaths but that's because my friend got them and i just help and protect)
Yeah, it's sad to watch this community mutating more and more to a dota like community :-(
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2011-08-26, 13:25:36)eSVau Wrote: Yeah, it's sad to watch this community mutating more and more to a dota like community :-(

I've always believed that DOTA is a great map. However, the players are rude to new players, so I think that's why many players came to hate DOTA. I had to endure a lot of abuse to get better. Battle Tanks is a great map too. When it was less popular it was a much more casual gaming experience. I didn't have to be really good at battle tanks to do well. However, the bots have made battle tanks much more popular. Naturally, many players have become very skilled. Unfortunately, DOTA and to a lesser extent Battle Tanks reward skilled players and punish unskilled ones beyond the success of their actions. At least the league has rules of conduct and weeds out the worst flamers.

Anyway, because DOTA and Battle Tanks rewards skill and punishes a lack of skill, that contributes to players feeling frustrated when someone on their team is unskilled. I think that this problem could be fixed a bit if the player bounty system was changed. Here is one suggestion:

Instead of rewarding a bounty every time someone kills a player, give the same amount to both teams. Then divide it among the 5 players on each team based upon their kills/deaths for that period (maybe every 5 minutes like the force income). The player doing the best on the team would receive the highest share of the bounty. The second best player would receive less, and so on. Thus it does reward good play, but the teams would be rewarded equally. Player skill will still have a large effect on the game because you won't want to die so you can keep creeping and win strategically important objectives like defending/capturing cp and defending/sieging buildings. It seems like that might give newer players a better chance and stop them from being the taget of so much hate.

Anyway, that was just a suggestion. I know it's not likely to be implemented because it is a substantial change, but anything that reduces the benefit a team receives from feeding would help accomplish the same thing. For example, putting a cap how frequently you can be rewarded for killing someone. Anyway, thanks for the league and map. Also, thanks to all the players who gracefully accept me on their teams.
(2011-09-02, 07:48:14)Desktop_General Wrote:
(2011-08-26, 13:25:36)eSVau Wrote: Yeah, it's sad to watch this community mutating more and more to a dota like community :-(

I've always believed that DOTA is a great map. However, the players are rude to new players, so I think that's why many players came to hate DOTA. I had to endure a lot of abuse to get better. Battle Tanks is a great map too. When it was less popular it was a much more casual gaming experience. I didn't have to be really good at battle tanks to do well. However, the bots have made battle tanks much more popular. Naturally, many players have become very skilled. Unfortunately, DOTA and to a lesser extent Battle Tanks reward skilled players and punish unskilled ones beyond the success of their actions. At least the league has rules of conduct and weeds out the worst flamers.

Anyway, because DOTA and Battle Tanks rewards skill and punishes a lack of skill, that contributes to players feeling frustrated when someone on their team is unskilled. I think that this problem could be fixed a bit if the player bounty system was changed. Here is one suggestion:

Instead of rewarding a bounty every time someone kills a player, give the same amount to both teams. Then divide it among the 5 players on each team based upon their kills/deaths for that period (maybe every 5 minutes like the force income). The player doing the best on the team would receive the highest share of the bounty. The second best player would receive less, and so on. Thus it does reward good play, but the teams would be rewarded equally. Player skill will still have a large effect on the game because you won't want to die so you can keep creeping and win strategically important objectives like defending/capturing cp and defending/sieging buildings. It seems like that might give newer players a better chance and stop them from being the taget of so much hate.

Anyway, that was just a suggestion. I know it's not likely to be implemented because it is a substantial change, but anything that reduces the benefit a team receives from feeding would help accomplish the same thing. For example, putting a cap how frequently you can be rewarded for killing someone. Anyway, thanks for the league and map. Also, thanks to all the players who gracefully accept me on their teams.

What would be the reason to try kill someone then if you know the other team gets gold because of that? Would make bt a creeping only experience which would be pretty boring... everyone would start with as many multibows as they can probably...
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-09-03, 22:33:15)griffin1987 Wrote: What would be the reason to try kill someone then if you know the other team gets gold because of that? Would make bt a creeping only experience which would be pretty boring... everyone would start with as many multibows as they can probably...

That's not what I said at all. I said that both teams would receive the same amount of bounty, for example 1500. Then it would be divided amongst the players of the team based upon their performance, for example 1st 500, 2nd 400, 3rd 300, 4th 200, and 5th 100. Anyway, I've pointed out that killing enemy tanks has other effects which makes doing so desirable.
No offense General, but that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard. Just think about it, under your system if one team gets 15 total kills and the other team gets 0 total kills regardless of distribution they will recieve the same amount of money in total. It's as griffin said a mechanic like this would turn btanks into a boring creepwar and I agree, especially since getting hero kills would be more "stealing money from the rest of your team" then "spontaneously generating money."

There is also one vital difference that you didn't mention beetween being a new player in Dota and being a new player in btanks. In Dota you lose money when you die, in btanks you don't. New players in btanks actually have a chance to spend their own money and ammend their mistakes. On the other hand new players in Dota will be permanently broke (or at least behind) and unable to actually play and experience the game.
(2011-09-04, 16:55:57)UnifiedDoom Wrote: No offense General, but that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard. Just think about it, under your system if one team gets 15 total kills and the other team gets 0 total kills regardless of distribution they will recieve the same amount of money in total. It's as griffin said a mechanic like this would turn btanks into a boring creepwar and I agree, especially since getting hero kills would be more "stealing money from the rest of your team" then "spontaneously generating money."

There is also one vital difference that you didn't mention beetween being a new player in Dota and being a new player in btanks. In Dota you lose money when you die, in btanks you don't. New players in btanks actually have a chance to spend their own money and ammend their mistakes. On the other hand new players in Dota will be permanently broke (or at least behind) and unable to actually play and experience the game.

I know you lose money when you die in DOTA. That's why I said "to a lesser extent". The first idea I suggested is unlikely to be implemented, but I saw a problem, so I offerred some suggestions to solve it. The point is this: the original poster (and others) recognize that many experienced players are verbally abusive to new players. That's undesirable. It's pretty clear that the bounty system contributes to the problem.
(2011-09-04, 19:55:08)Desktop_General Wrote:
(2011-09-04, 16:55:57)UnifiedDoom Wrote: No offense General, but that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard. Just think about it, under your system if one team gets 15 total kills and the other team gets 0 total kills regardless of distribution they will recieve the same amount of money in total. It's as griffin said a mechanic like this would turn btanks into a boring creepwar and I agree, especially since getting hero kills would be more "stealing money from the rest of your team" then "spontaneously generating money."

I know you lose money when you die in DOTA. That's why I said "to a lesser extent". The first idea I suggested is unlikely to be implemented, but I saw a problem, so I offerred some suggestions to solve it. The point is this: the original poster (and others) recognize that many experienced players are verbally abusive to new players. That's undesirable. It's pretty clear that the bounty system contributes to the problem.

You're right on the point that flaming has become a normal habit in btank matches, but that doesn't have to do anything with the bounty system.

Bad manners aren't induced due to some scoring system - people just don't have manners. It's the same with giveup and leave. Why do you even join a game if you don't intend to play it till the end? That's something a child does - and still you can experience it regularly on btanks.

I've never given up on any of my games and most people who know me should be able to agree on that. And that's just one part of sportsmanship. Not flaming or calling other noobs is another. I don't really get why people flame or call other noobs.

I myself sometimes tell others that they shouldn't have done something they're doing. But thats ciritzism. Some people take that the wrong way and start to spout insults. But well - as much as I'd like for people to better their behaviour, as much do I know that it's neither our job to educate them, nor will they ever change.

Some people just like spouting insults more than playing - if you ask me, they should join a chatroom instead of btanks, but well, can't do anything about it. Only thing we could possibly do is alter the bots in a way to disallow chatting, or maybe filter messages, but then people would probably just start whispering, and afaik that's something you can't do anything about with the bot.

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Insults are simply part of the online experience, it's just how gaming works. And to be honest, this kind of stuff isn't solely a problem in gaming; look at Youtube and comments on various videos (especially music videos).

But to be honest, I can see why people would get upset over some aspects of this game (myself included). I just played a game earlier today where one of my teammates (who have played over 300 games) kept buying weapon with airship after the opponent already tanked to inferno/fort. Rather than saving for tanks like we suggested, he kept buying lasers. And to go on top of that, he gets mines and plants them right next to the towers in our base, even though opponent has defuse pack. This led to use losing both towers and multiple deaths as the other team blew up the mines to kill us.
Yes, I hate that too.

There is a type of player that is worse than someone who sabotages. It's the greedy farming/stat whores.

For example when teammates get 25k in weapons and have 4k hp or something ridiculous. They farm the map, stealing gold from the team and investing it in weaponry to farm more. They make kills by singling out other players and using teleport, very often dying thus having most kills and most deaths, as well as skilling creeps and towers everywhere on the map. They think they're doing great while the team loses CPs.

With 4k hp they can't defend, and usually are never close enough to even try, pushing an already captured lane.

Then they have to audacity to say their team sucks and say look at stats, when the rest of the team would like to strangle the cunt.

The trouble with this map is there is a fixed amount of creep gold, so it's almost a zero-sum economy. When one player flies over the head of anyother to get creep kills then insults the other player for not having as much items or a shitty tank, it's more than insulting.

It should be bannable.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  good bye guys galadion1 2 2,431 2013-12-26, 02:36:46
Last Post: Prog
  selective to banned player , not follow the rules of the game ,good management! guangzhou265 9 7,064 2013-12-20, 20:51:07
Last Post: guangzhou265