Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[split] Ban Requests
You guys talk as if being banned is that much. ctually, u just have to play 20 qualify, play 50 games ranked and then be in top 10... ^__^

And Daminator3 should be banned... cause he is not Daminator1Big Grin

Play the game for the fun, feeders are part of it. U don't stop playing when an opponent has 0 20: he destroys the game the same way he would if he was in your team.

Stop playing because there is a noob in your team is hypocrite.

*so said the Bt Goddess

(2011-09-30, 01:32:03)Teo_live Wrote: "Logic" wasn't above all when I got banned for breaking rules, I flamed someone who flamed me first. Regardless I broke the rules of flaming and I had to make a public apology for a second chance.

So how come Daminator3 is above the rules that I and others have to comply with? Double standards for popularity?

Cause You stink but I forgive youSmile

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2011-09-30, 17:06:57)Althend Wrote:

And Daminator3 should be banned... cause he is not Daminator1Big Grin

Yeah! And Althend should be banned for being so damn althendy!Big Grin

Really, thanks for writing what I always think - people stop playing or give up way to fast ; I don't get why some even join a game if they never intended to finish it...

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-09-23, 17:23:09)Prog Wrote: People need to accept that there is no rule against bad play in public league games. If you want some kind of elitist bt-games play inhouse/clangames.

Prog you have to understand the situation btanks is in. The Bt-Bots have made manual hosting of this game impossible since nobody wants to join any game other than the fast-filling qualify and league bots. So since public hosting is not an option you must pre-arrange a whole TEN players for an in-house game, and (let's face it) with the ever dwindling competitve community that isn't easy. I'm in the most populous btanks clan in US East (kctz), and maybe it's just my timezone but on average I see only 1-2 people in the chnl whenever I log on. As an analogy your "company" (the bt-bots) have driven every other "company" (public hosting etc.) out of business. And now you're telling us to shop somewhere else when you are the only "company" left. I suppose that means you can be heartless and force everyone to accept your rules or quit btanks. But a benevolent and compromising Devteam would be much preferred for such a great map and community.

So protecting and caring about new and weaker players is a heartless activity?
"Heartless" was referring specifically to the action of telling people to go play other forms of btanks when they don't exist, essentially telling them to submit to your will, or quit btanks entirely. I never said that there is anything wrong with caring about newer and weaker players (in fact I even support the current system in regard to only kicking abusers while sparing feeders). What I was suggesting was we find a compromise beetween the people who would see all feeders kicked instantly and those who would see no feeders kicked at all since there is no other place either of these parties can go.
Daminator3 should not have chosen to break the league rules. If he did, then his ban was probably justified. I didn't watch the replay, so I don't know all of the details. However, since the admin often make exceptions based on the circumstances, I'm inclined to trust their judgement (although banning someone for using 2 multibows sounds suspicious). The league rules are there to protect the community. By playing on the league bots (whether or not there are other options), he agrees to abide by those rules.

That being said, I've played many games with Daminator3, and his behavior has been exemplary in the past. I do not know him personally, so I would not call myself his friend. Sometimes he tries to kick me. Sometimes he tolerates my playing. He's a very good player, and I always listen to him because he tries to help and give advice. He's good at knowing when his team still has a chance to win. Sometimes he will insist on continuing even when the rest of us want to give up. Often we win those games. Anyway, if he acknowledges his mistake, sounds at least a little remorseful, and agrees not to violate the same rule again (which many other players have had to do to have their bans removed) then I strongly support removing his ban. He is a great asset to the community, and these recent actions are very uncharacteristic of him.
Just to add something:

Most "pros" were noob in the past. (Of course I have never been, everybody loves me from the start!)

(ok ok, the first time i played I did not buy weapon... but guess what, people teach me and the second game i was already lovely killing everyone)

Behalve the fact that Daminator3 is not Daminator1, that not playing cause ur team is "noo" is hypocrite, Dami does not say he regrets; he uses an elitist fail argument "Support the pros cause the noob come and leave".... Seriously?

Nearly all pros left bt because there is no enough "new blood" in pro competition (and others reasons... ofc :p )... Bashing noob only screw bt more... What is the point of playing if u don't have anymore challenge?

Look at top elo, league is now a joke for us...

I play guard fighter and I pee on elitist peopleBig Grin

Love me!!!

(no no I have no problem against Dami, actually has never had problem with him but I dislike elitis stuff, noob bashing flaming and stuff)

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Guys lets unban Saltwater he was very nice, and he never Made any mistakesAngel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Ban Request (cont. II) Malarith 4 3,465 2014-03-27, 22:57:57
Last Post: Max
  [split] Ban Request (cont. II) Euky.Lypty 17 9,572 2013-08-07, 22:58:34
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  [split] Ban Request (cont. II) FreeJason 0 1,658 2012-12-04, 22:36:24
Last Post: FreeJason
  [split] unban request aio.pl 3 3,494 2012-09-09, 16:25:30
Last Post: eSVau
  [split] Ban Request (cont. II) DJantoine 2 2,583 2012-08-01, 21:51:53