Poll: Would you like the League Team to cr8 a free mode bot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
53.85%
7 53.85%
No.
46.15%
6 46.15%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free mode bot.
Hi.
I wonder how many of u guys would like to see new bot with possibility to cr8 non-league games. Without stats. With possibility to select a game mode:)
Just to let you know - there is a free mode bot... so this vote is quite senselessWink.
if u mean the Bug bot - it's completely senseless. 99.9% people look for games on the bt www, not in lobby. If u cr8ed a free mode bot with the game name on www i'm sure community would apritiate this.
I'm in on this, and I would spend my (unused) wc3 keys as well. Haven't been using my bot in ages, so I don't really need them (that is, if they are needed).

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
I'm hosting the bug bot. But this bot is currently not able to post the game name. I'll have a look at it when i've got time.
That's a great news.
The problem with this is the game mode is subject to red's (or in the case of player shuffle a random person's) whims and nothing is stopping players from leaving if they dissapprove of the game mode. I myself would be very tempted to leave if somebody happened to choose 30k tinkers only or some other mode like that. The alternative method is to create a voting system for the game mode; however, I would guess that would make more than 90% of the games become league/normal anyway.
i think you could create a list of players that could be owners of the game. i don't know - maybe 50 most frequently players? maybe 20?
Btw: how many real active players is there in league now?
The owner would have and sp, swap, start/start force and hcl options. That would prevent newbies to be red players.
Imo most of players that would choose to play on this bot knows each other good and there should not be any problem with balance. Besides, since there's no stats one just can !end game and start again without any penalty and stupid stuff like that.
(2011-11-01, 16:33:37)progg Wrote: i think you could create a list of players that could be owners of the game. i don't know - maybe 50 most frequently players? maybe 20?
The owner would have and sp, swap, start/start force and hcl options. That would prevent newbies to be red players.
Imo most of players that would choose to play on this bot knows each other good and there should not be any problem with balance. Besides, since there's no stats one just can !end game and start again without any penalty and stupid stuff like that.

Nice idea in theory - but I doubt it would work. For one, the end command should never be available - it's something you can only abuse, and there is no real use for it. Also, sp is rather dangerous - it's not based on elo or anything, so teams will just be imbalanced 90% of the time. swap should also only be given to people with years in bt, because otherwise you don't have a chance of knowing enough players to balance teams - even I, been playing bt for about 4 years now - only know about 6 out of 9 (ofc i know myself) players on average in a game. Also, start force is a bad idea - starting bt with less than 10 players on a non intern will only lead to premature end due to leavers.

"Imo most of players that would choose to play on this bot knows each other" would mean that there would only be a at most 100 players playing on that bot. Think about all the duplicate accounts (loooool for example has at least 3 on league if not more).

And about hcl - it's possible to fix hcl to certain modes, so 30k tinker only shouldnt be a problem.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-11-01, 19:43:19)griffin1987 Wrote:
(2011-11-01, 16:33:37)progg Wrote: i think you could create a list of players that could be owners of the game. i don't know - maybe 50 most frequently players? maybe 20?

Nice idea in theory - but I doubt it would work. For one, the end command should never be available - it's something you can only abuse, and there is no real use for it. Also, sp is rather dangerous - it's not based on elo or anything, so teams will just be imbalanced 90% of the time. swap should also only be given to people with years in bt, because otherwise you don't have a chance of knowing enough players to balance teams - even I, been playing bt for about 4 years now - only know about 6 out of 9 (ofc i know myself) players on average in a game. Also, start force is a bad idea - starting bt with less than 10 players on a non intern will only lead to premature end due to leavers.

"Imo most of players that would choose to play on this bot knows each other" would mean that there would only be a at most 100 players playing on that bot. Think about all the duplicate accounts (loooool for example has at least 3 on league if not more).

And about hcl - it's possible to fix hcl to certain modes, so 30k tinker only shouldnt be a problem.

Y, the .end command is too much. That's for sure.
I don't think that swap and sp would be any problem. Like in privs - people can know each other good enought to make good balanace after only few weeks. And usually it's better balance then the elo based one.
Start force is a must-have command for 4v4 games.
100 players would be gr8 and imo it would be success.
I doubt if there's much more real active league players.
(2011-10-30, 09:52:44)Velocity2k Wrote: I'm hosting the bug bot. But this bot is currently not able to post the game name. I'll have a look at it when i've got time.

Thank you, this would be so nice!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,308 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,752 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Promote a new mode for fun! Smell.No.Evil 1 2,341 2012-04-01, 22:59:46
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Request new mode: Hardcore Btanks :D / how to increase teamplay Althend 6 10,265 2011-06-28, 05:41:32
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
Smile Hey Creater I need shuffle mode, do it pls. oNoX 2 2,562 2011-05-08, 13:46:03
Last Post: Althend