Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request
1) I understand Velocity2k. It is a pleasure do to something good to a community if u get what you deserve (respect - or at least not the opposite ;D).

2) I have been afk the last 3 weeks. Now i am back and i really want to play. Therefore i started autohosting on NGIX bot. Just untill League bots are online again. I hope this happens soon.

If anyone else wants to play BT:
Join NGIX TS3 for a private.
OR
get BTanks UNRANKED by NGIX #XXX gamename on our page.

www.NGIX.FoelliX.de <-- gamename can be found on the top.

---

No brazenness - Just wanna play for FUN! Thats what everybody should remember: GAMES ARE MADE FOR HAVING FUN!
http://www.FoelliX.de gaming customization
- maps
- models
- tools
[Image: fx.jpg]
I hope we all have calmed down now. Maybe we can go back to business as usual...
For 8 seconds my last post had made senseBig Grin

Now lets PLAY!!!
http://www.FoelliX.de gaming customization
- maps
- models
- tools
[Image: fx.jpg]
Glad to see that people calm down and the league bot is running again.

I don't know every details of this event, so I don't comment who is right or wrong.
But as far as I remember, it is not the first time that someone complains about a League ban (or a punishment), then it ends up in a bad direction - e.g. (generally speaking, not to this time) flame with bad words, or flame to the whole bt dev team, or permanent ban from league/forum

Therefore i have some suggestions, maybe it can help to avoid similar situations in the future.

(1) specify the league rules more clearly and give some typical replays as example for the common reasons people get banned. This can be done in a separate tied up post, or following http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=368. So people get general ideas what is "EXCESSIVELY FEEDING on PURPOSE" and what is "EXCESSIVE FLAMING", i suggest this because people don't watch the approved ban replays in the ban-request post, and it is too long to read everything to find what you need in there.

(2) can we give an early notice for people who will be banned or punished? Don't know if it is technically too difficult, but it would be nicer for those people to receive a message like "you are banned because of xxx (see this link for details), and the ban applies from date xxx till date xxx" etc.

(3) I am not sure but i guess currently the bans are not removed automatically, unless the people request to remove a ban after 1 week. Can we define different level of punishments? E.g. (from light to heavy punishment level) level 1, only a message warning, level 2 ban for 1 week, (ban remove 1 week automatically after the period); level 3 ban for 1 month (automatically remove ban after period); level 4 permanent ban etc. Because the reason to give punishment is to change the bad behavior of someone, not to force them to leave the bt community.

(4) Open a separate post where people can formally complain for a punishment given by league admin. If someone thinks they are banned unfairly, they can post their defense with proof. I support league admins but they are on 1 side also human beings, and everyone can make mistakes.
(2) can we give an early notice for people who will be banned or punished? Don't know if it is technically too difficult, but it would be nicer for those people to receive a message like "you are banned because of xxx (see this link for details), and the ban applies from date xxx till date xxx" etc.

msg via bt league bots (if they join a game)? or through this forum (whats kinda not working, cause most bt pub players arent owning a forum account).
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
If they behave bad constantly they suppose sooner they get banned.
Current system is ok cause it forces to create forum acc to get removed.
For now permament ban is just for team,eco sabotage and denial of playing ?
I think prevential system oli metionted will work better.
I was an owner of 4 counter-strike servers and admin of next 20+.
Fast ban (but short) was great weapon vs most of guys. They was coming back after 3,5,7 days and behaved much better.
The key thing imo is to make peroid long enought to be hurtfull but not to long - so playing 15 quali games wouldn't be cost-effective for one.
Big Grin sure..... he is a V.I.P !!! just kidding
flame and insults sucks,but if just 2 player flame each other,even in same or different teams,thats "ok" for me Undecided
let them flame each other,to write sometimes "noob" or "invis noob" or whatever...who cares
but if they start to flame around vs all.... Wink

Hehe,
Seems like milout is in rage in every game Big Grin
Seriously, there are just 2 ban request since half year against him.......

so much e-drama ~~
what about league site
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ban Request BENNIE.FM 51 35,346 2016-04-15, 00:58:06
Last Post: reyizz
  Unban Request GEN_Schwarzkopf 5 5,630 2015-10-30, 03:38:41
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Unban request GodStrongArms 5 4,224 2015-10-29, 00:29:46
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Unban Request - as in "One more favor Though please!" jojoy 1 2,549 2015-10-21, 23:59:25
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
Music Unban request GodStrongArms 4 4,731 2015-08-21, 18:11:56
Last Post: GodStrongArms