Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban player from Qualify
I'd like to propose banning league qualify players as well, as it seems that there are an increasing number of players regularly playing qualify and killing the fun of others who'd like to start btanks.

I've attached the replay of a qualify game where you can see at about 35-40 mins that player How2Play of the other team is denying to play as well as switching forth and back between tinker and scout and flaming in global chat (don't wanna guess how much he insulted his teammates in team chat).

I know that ranked is different from qualify, but as I see it, it should be for those trying to learn the game and/or qualify for the ranked game, and not for some idiots trying to destroy the games of others, so if someone of you could have a look at the replay and ban How2Play from all bots I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Did you try to teach him how to play since you expected me to teach in my ranked game?
(2012-01-12, 22:37:27)nostralias Wrote: Did you try to teach him how to play since you expected me to teach in my ranked game?

Please reread my post and watch the replay. It's not about someone not knowing how to play, it's about denial of playing and switching between scout and tinker standing around in the base. He knew what he was doing if you read the chat.

Best Regards
This guy got a temp-ban. But until now he didn't try to join again. (Not sure how long i'll keep the ban, depends on his join-attempts Big Grin).
Most of the bans are useless there, because most players have got a dynamic IP. So they can create a new acc and play again (which takes less than a minute).

And qualify is meant for qualify only. If you want to play "high quality" games you'll have to choose the ranked one :-P.
Thank you very much for taking the time!

And I won't/wouldn't request a ban everytime I see misbehaviour in a qualify game, but this game was for one rather extreme misbehaving, as well as he seemed not to be a newbie, which is why I took these steps.

Thanks!

Best Regards
I tend to agree there are players in qualify who are just ruining it for others.

I find most people may have a dynamic IP, but it is a stay-alive dynamic IP, requiring they unplug their router for 2 days to get a now IP assigned.

Thus, an IP ban is effective in most cases.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Close temporarily qualify bots El_Polacco 45 29,490 2015-05-23, 01:31:07
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=10921 El_Polacco 6 5,775 2014-11-21, 22:29:18
Last Post: El_Polacco
  Qualify games ban dirtyterror 1 2,326 2014-09-25, 13:15:36
Last Post: stibi-
  send back to qualify? (apm, afk like player) ckibibi 1 2,306 2014-06-07, 21:30:29
Last Post: RaptorXI
  biggest ego player love ! galadion1 1 1,892 2014-01-13, 00:14:53
Last Post: Prog