Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BTT2012 Referees and Complaints about Referees
Below is the list of all confirmed referees who will be assigned to judge the BTT2012 tournament games:

FirePhoenix
Gummyman
olivercamel
progg (whereisthelove)
torokid
UnifiedDoom
Wupti (Wupti.)

- I already sent out PMs to all people who wants to be BTT2012 referees. As soon as you reply the PM and give me a confirmation, you will be added into the list above.
- If you haven't receive my PM, probably I forgot your name ... (sry about that) Please just tell me again that you want to be a referee.

BTT Rule 15.3 defines what the referees should do:

15.3. The referees have the following responsibilities:
(1) Come earlier than the game time; wait in Channel BTT on Northrend server; welcome the 2 teams coming for the game.
(2) Create the game at least 5 minutes before the game time; make sure both teams knows the game name to join.
(3) Count the numbers of the players of the 2 teams, if a team fails to show up enough players on time and if the other team doesn't want to wait, the referee should directly announce the winner. See 10.8.
(4) Repeat the important BTT rules again for both teams.
(5) Shuffle the players to decide Dark/Light forces if needed. See 5.10.
(6) Start the game.
(7) During the game, the referee should always keep an eye on: no tournament rule is violated; no team is cheating, see 12; no player has improper behavior, see 13.
(8) During the game, if any player get disconnected, the referee should take care of it. See 14.
(9) During the game, if 90 minutes exceed, the referee should terminate the game and announce a draw if needed. See 5.3.
(10) During the game, the referee is allowed to comment the game on behalf of the people who is going to watch the replay. The comments must be seen only between the observers, but not in public.
(11) After the game, the referee should save and upload the replay.

In addition,
- In the group phase, because we have draw games, i.e. the game is draw if it doesn't finish in 1.5 hour (90 minutes), the referee should warn the 2 teams "there is only 10min left" at 80min of the game.
- In the group phase, if the game goes to 90min, the referee should pause the game, announce that the game is draw, and then ask both teams to leave the game.

And BTT Rule 15.4: (... referees should ...) more importantly can judge the game fairly ...

What the referees should NOT do:

- any kind of Cheating, e.g. tell how much gold the other team is having via private message
- chat to either team via voice software (like skype, teamspeak etc.) to discuss the game, when the game is running

Note: a referee cannot judge the games of his/her own team

Caution:
Cheating in BT tournament is strictly forbidden, especially for the referees.
If any referee is proved cheating, the referee will be dismissed from the tournament instantly.
If the referee also plays in a team, the team with the cheating referee player will be also dismissed from the tournament instantly.
Meanwhile we will make sure the whole bt community knows who is the cheater referee.

If you have any complaint about any referee, please post under this thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTT2012 Final Rank olivercamel 11 9,738 2012-07-12, 10:31:13
Last Post: daminator3
  BTT2012 Ends and short Summary olivercamel 2 4,150 2012-04-16, 14:15:19
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  BTT2012 Game Replays olivercamel 11 13,084 2012-04-15, 23:07:14
Last Post: olivercamel
  BTT2012 Honor Game olivercamel 10 10,259 2012-04-15, 23:03:56
  BTT2012 Winner Prizes olivercamel 12 12,772 2012-04-12, 23:56:27