Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancel penalties? Maybe game?
Hi,
In this game, http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=28263, don't understand why, game last 2h because (i think it was a bot problem) 4 players (2 in each team) were disconnected at the same time. Then how about cancelling penalties for those players (including meSmile)? Those penalties aren't deserved.
Thanks to take time to read this post !
Greetings !
Max.
for sure bot problem, this game same problem
http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=28265
i would disconnet too but had proxy
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
At 23:29:38 (GMT+1) 8 players in out of three games got disconnected.

To clarify this (once again): It's not a bot problem. If it was why did most of the players stay in the games? It's a problem somewhere in the network - one (or more) routes got a short interruption.

Your penalty will be gone after some games.
Well, oki, didn't know from where came the problem, now i knowSmile
For the penalties, i don't really care for me, in 2-3 days i won't get anymore, but just for some others players who maybe got some penalties before those games and those aren't deserved. But thanks for the explanationSmile
Greetings !
Well if the people would have used gproxy and still got penalties i think i would edit somethingWink.
May I ask where you're hosting the bots? My company has some servers in germany rented as well (as well as we have our own servers in austria), and I've never experienced as much lag as I have to the bot servers nowadays. I'm pretty sure it's not the server itself, as it seems to depend on where the client lives, but on the other hand, about 50% of the time (guessed percentage) it's not the client either - I've run pings to multiple servers while playing as well as jitter measurement and some other stuff, and while my connection was perfectly fine, I still had some spikes on the bot connection.

(2012-02-27, 16:41:21)Velocity2k Wrote: At 23:29:38 (GMT+1) 8 players in out of three games got disconnected.

To clarify this (once again): It's not a bot problem. If it was why did most of the players stay in the games? It's a problem somewhere in the network - one (or more) routes got a short interruption.

Your penalty will be gone after some games.

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
The server is located in Roubaix. When i play i don't have any spikes. And my ping to the server is very constant.

And here are some pings from the server itself:

Velocity, i'm just wondering. What about btt bot after torunament? Thx to that most active players have hose ability priv times are back. sometimes there are even 3 privs running at the same time. b4 it was like 1 priv/3 weeks or more.
(2012-02-28, 23:26:36)Velocity2k Wrote: The server is located in Roubaix. When i play i don't have any spikes. And my ping to the server is very constant.

And here are some pings from the server itself:

I guess tcp ping itself isn't the problem. Have you tried renice-ing the bot to a higher nice level? Or the 1000hz setting with a preemptive kernel as I've suggested before? I've been running that on 3 servers for about 2 years now without a problem (debian, 2.4.x kernel) and that, combined with a higher nice level makes up for really jitter free performance (using it for some high performance latency critical messaging stuff) - as I don't know much about the server(s) you're running on (and don't wanna hack into them - I'm pretty sure you got an out of the box unpatched kernel which has the same exploits most have) I can only offer my help in providing you with information and trying stuff out on my servers - that is, if that would be helping you ...

Thanks for the munin graphics,

Best Regards
(2012-02-29, 00:36:04)progg Wrote: Velocity, i'm just wondering. What about btt bot after torunament? Thx to that most active players have hose ability priv times are back. sometimes there are even 3 privs running at the same time. b4 it was like 1 priv/3 weeks or more.
The keys are from oli. So you will have to ask him what will happen after the tournament Smile.

@griffin:
TCP ping? You know ping (ICMP) is layer 3? Wink

The bots are reniced already. Ranked is less "nicer" than qualify Wink.

I don't use a 1000hz kernel because i've got no experience with it. And i did never have a closer look at it because i don't get any spikes/jitter when playing on the bots. Don't know why you have those problems.

The bot also checks, if an update has been sent later than it should have been sent. And i don't see those messages very often. There might be a jitter but it should be less than the latency. And it's not a 3rd person shooter - i doubt you can really notice when an update is 50ms late.

I think the "source" of the jitter is mostly caused by the db queries. For every joining player there are 2 queries, when game starts, when it ends, the league page....
With an SSD in the server or more ram it would be much smoother Wink.

In the past years most people were very satisfied with the performance of the server. As we have less concurrent games compared to 2010/2011 the games should even run smoother.

EDIT: I've just changed some RT settings of the bots. You may report if there is any difference Smile.
(2012-02-29, 10:56:54)Velocity2k Wrote: @griffin:
TCP ping? You know ping (ICMP) is layer 3? Wink

With an SSD in the server or more ram it would be much smoother Wink.

In the past years most people were very satisfied with the performance of the server. As we have less concurrent games compared to 2010/2011 the games should even run smoother.

EDIT: I've just changed some RT settings of the bots. You may report if there is any difference Smile.

Arrrrr yes I know that. I've already edited my post 4 times before so I didn't want to edit it a 5th timeWink

Don't know about an ssd, but I would donate the 20-40 euros for more ram - how much does the server have? Does it really need more? I always thought the bot didn't need much ram, even including the ward program as well as the database, but It's been rather long since I've had a server with less than 4 gigabyte of ram ...

And about database: are you using transactions? indexes? innodb tables? There's a rather huge load of stuff you can optimize there, and most of it isn't more than one line of code

(there's a slow query patch for mysql which makes it possible to log query times < 1second as well, combined with mytop it's pretty easy to find the slow queries)

About ago: That might be true, but if it's the database, that would make sense, as the database most probably grew way larger over timeWink

I'll report it if your changes make any difference to me, thank you very much!

Best Regards

Edit: btw: if you're bored, you could try to use the networking stuff of this server: http://trustleap.com/ people already implemented bittorrent protocol over it as well as some binary messaging stuff and the like, and as it replaces many syscalls with self-written stuff it's way faster than other software in many concerns. Though, I doubt you're boredBig Grin
http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=28755
!
:)
Seems whatever you did didn't change much unfortunately, as I've still had more than enough of those spikes over the last 2 weeks I've playedSad

Are you commiting the stuff you change on the bot back to the repository? If not, would it be possible to get the ghost++ code you're using at the moment (maybe even with a dump of your db?), so I can put it on one of my servers and see if I can reproduce the spikes there, and if, if I can fix those spikes somehow? (e.g. don't know if your ghost version is using async mysql api, transactions, which kind of locks, how it's buffering logs to disk, ...)

Best Regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard Update - Unable to join game jojoy 7 5,197 2017-04-11, 22:04:03
Last Post: jojoy
  Is need that necessary to shouted me whole game? guangzhou265 0 1,793 2014-11-18, 19:16:57
Last Post: guangzhou265
  [league] penalties eSVau 19 23,047 2014-08-18, 22:10:57
Last Post: Bernar_Ali
  fucking discrimation unfair game ! guangzhou265 24 15,318 2014-05-14, 06:36:34
Last Post: Max
  why ban me in all game? guangzhou265 28 20,883 2014-04-29, 13:47:36
Last Post: Prog