Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[collection] what skills u won't use and why do u think they are useless ...
Hi,

we would like to know from you
  • what skills of what tank you dont use at all
  • and why do you think they are mostly useless

An unlikely example:

tank: Infernal
skill: chaos teleport or Q skill
reason: it's such a mana waste to kill a single creep with it and why should i stun a creep?

Code:
[u]tank[/u]: [b]name of tank[/b]
[u]skill[/u]: [b]name of skill[/b]
[u]reason[/u]: a short explanation why

Code:
                     ⇑
⇐ this space is reserved for the collection ⇒
                     ⇓

Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Tank: Sky Tank
Skill: Lightning Quake [W]
Reason: Can't move during the quake, charges 3 times (easy to interrupt), range too low (~900), requires to buy batteries unless you skill tank cannnon

Tanks: Sky Fortress, Infernal
Skill: Tank Cannon [T]
Reason: Do end game tanks really need this?
tank: thunder
skill: storm
reason: cast delay is too long and range isn't very good

tank: heavy
skill: armor
reason: for one, description doesn't really tell if it helps agains tank weapons, and also, from experience, mortars seem to be more effective in blocking damage

+sky tank already mentioned
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
tank: Hunter
skill: passive E-Skill "Bounty-Hunter"
reason: level 5 "Bounty-Hunter" just give you 20% more bounty, we should increase that skill, maybe ~ +10% bounty each level,not 4 % Angel

Tank: Tinker
Skill: Repair [E]
Reason: Since the tinker no longer can put weapons in the towers, I never skill it myself and skill tower and modules, and teleport lv1. I save levels only for module, tower and ultimate, never using it on repair. Other tinker abilties are more useful for my gameplay and the repair mech repair more on buildings than this skill.

Tank: Shredder
Skill: Metal Stars [Q]
Reason: Very low cooldown, and low damage. I liked the old one better, which did 200dmg pr level and higher cd. I don't skill it myself anymore. Crap skill.

Tank: Storm Tank
Skill: Storm Shock [Q]
Reason: Very low cooldown and damage, high mana costs.

Tank: Goblin Tank
Skill: Goblin-Riot [W]
Reason: Altough other players use it, I never use it cuz they are stupid skill and run like idiots and its relative easy to dodge. I prefer hammer and net on enemy air tanks rather using those automated noob terrorists which run into creeps pretty fast before you can reorder them sometimes. Would be more fun if a teleporting summoned mini exploder jumped on you.

Tank: Earth Robot
Skill: Dustwave [Q]
Reason: Only skill it level 1 cuz the invulnerability makes all the high levels useless and less cooldown isn't that issue. Increasing dustwave range is more interesting to make this ability more interesting to level imo. The infernal gets more stun on chaos teleportskill, but dust ability only increases damage pr level.

Tank: Sky Tank
Skill: Lightning Quake [W]
Reason: Can't move during the quake, hits ground only. I Prefer flame strike because you can move after casting it. Making it self-substained might be interesting, or also make it harm air as well.
Very good feedback thread!

Tank Airship
Skill: Healing drones
Reasons:
Your tank stops while casting (while hunting an enemy or feeing, this is fatal)
Drones are way too slow, drones are not able to follow your tank
Skill is very unclear in what it does. Do drones have to return to airship to heal? How much damage do they inflict? how much do they heal?
(2012-03-05, 23:33:59)AeroniumX Wrote: Tank: Shredder
Skill: Metal Stars [Q]
Reason: Very low cooldown, and low damage. I liked the old one better, which did 200dmg pr level and higher cd. I don't skill it myself anymore. Crap skill.

LOL shredder is fine!!!!!
Wer aufhört, besser zu werden, hat aufgehört, gut zu sein.
I Heart my Denglisch
(2012-03-05, 23:33:59)AeroniumX Wrote: Tank: Goblin Tank
Skill: Goblin-Riot [W]
Reason: Altough other players use it, I never use it cuz they are stupid skill and run like idiots and its relative easy to dodge. I prefer hammer and net on enemy air tanks rather using those automated noob terrorists which run into creeps pretty fast before you can reorder them sometimes. Would be more fun if a teleporting summoned mini exploder jumped on you.

I disagree this skill is a very good farming, splash, anti-ghost tool. Also a little known fact about these rioters is they CAN be controlled and aimed if you're quick about box selecting them.

Tank: Gaurd
Skill: Summon Treants
Reason: Horribly high manacost, they deal seige (ineffective) damage against anything but towers and can't even outrange towers like mortars. Gaurd has many more worthwhile support skills heal, root, ulti, even tank cannon.

Tank: Heavy Tank
Skill: Heavy Armor
Reason: This skill has already been mentioned but I don't care. Hands down the most useless skill in the game, never gotten it, never will. Mind you Heavy tank does not need a buff, far from it.

(2012-03-05, 23:53:41)ssl Wrote: Tank Airship
Reasons:
Your tank stops while casting (while hunting an enemy or feeing, this is fatal)
Skill is very unclear in what it does. Do drones have to return to airship to heal? How much damage do they inflict? how much do they heal?

I disagree, drones are a very powerful and underrated ability, the dps especially combined with tank cannon is a lot of damage over time. Electro shocker pales in comparison as a useless ks'ing tool (but not useless enough to merit a spot on this list). I spent the entire mid-game of this with only 2 basics and a swarm rockets along with maxed tank cannon and drones.

http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=28507
As for ghost heal, I feel this skill should be modified in such a way that the slow is removed but the ghost can use it while moving, so as long the ghost stays within the casting range the skill will stay in effect. I think you can make it in such a way that you have a dummy unit use consume and then tie that unit's placement to the ghost tank.

Attached Files
.w3g   Airship Drones.w3g (Size: 2.46 MB / Downloads: 177)
tank: Architect
skill: Portal Thing [E]
reason: too low HP, immobile spell.. maybe its poossilbe to remake this spell a bit: make it portals invul but last for a short time (only 2-10 sec, depends on level) ... so he will take a bigger role to capture something if he goes first to "plant" the portal exit
tank: SkyTank
skill: W skill
reason: u can't move. low range. long duration. i'd say it would be nice spell (big dmg) if the delay is low and u can move after u cast it.

tank: Heavy Tank
skill: E skill (armor)
reason: sometimes i use it vs. ghost. still it's waste of skill slot.

Tank: Hunter
skill: E skill (more gold for kills)
reason: to low %of gold is added for kill per lvl. also i prefer to have all offensive spells added. this skill is not an alternative to resign from tank canon or any of other skills.

Demon Tank:
skill: E skill.
reason: it's better than lava servants but still not that effective as it should be in 10k tank.
(I will not mention what people said above, i generallya gree with it)

Architect

Splash canon is kinda useless, waste mana and desactivate when u die.

The portal has no enough hp, even a creep has more.

Shredder

The old version of q (stars dps) was much better than this one. Now this tank is viable only when he is level 10

Storm tank

The tank itself is a big problem:

The Q: less damage than tiers 1 tank, low cd (ok but doesn compensate), extremely mana cost ( really useless witch low cd), aim skill? Really? especially since it is supposed to aim really mobile tank? Low range.

The grab: Ok but it condemn the tank to be low range (so storm tank ahs to be played like demon T_T) . At least make it reduce the mana of the opponent and prevent him to teleport. An u can grab people... in range.. but cant hunt them sicne u are fuckin slower than any air tank.... It becomes a skill on u can us eonly with teleport or in base (demon tank syndrome)

The ulti: The animation make u blind. The damage are ok if enemy stay 6 sec in range. It is virtually really good vs many opponent but in reality, it codamns u to buy extra extra hp cause goin in midlle of enemies= suicide

ITEM:

The deflective armor: the one of 750 is ok. the one of -30 each 0.2 sec is useless; a hull is better. At best u can prevent 150 damage each sec. Your enemy has to use fast rate weapons. This item is supposed to be early item. At early, there is no weapon with fast rate. U cant even use vs bombard. Each bobmard projectile mak u lose 100 hp... reducing it at 70 is uselles. A -150 damage each sec would be more interesting (but imba? Then - 80 damage each sec?)

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2012-03-06, 06:46:16)UnifiedDoom Wrote:
(2012-03-05, 23:53:41)ssl Wrote: Tank Airship
Reasons:
Your tank stops while casting (while hunting an enemy or fleeing, this is fatal)

I disagree, drones are a very powerful and underrated ability, the dps especially combined with tank cannon is a lot of damage over time. Electro shocker pales in comparison as a useless ks'ing tool (but not useless enough to merit a spot on this list). I spent the entire mid-game of this with only 2 basics and a swarm rockets along with maxed tank cannon and drones.

I didn't say they are too weak, please re-read the reasons I gave, but instead they need some fine tuning/documentation improvements.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interruption of Skills gozo1985 5 4,923 2013-08-27, 18:24:09
Last Post: gozo1985
  Recharge useless? Perfektionist 5 4,795 2012-11-03, 13:53:11
Last Post: Perfektionist