Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Announce] BTT2012 Group Phase finshed. We will have NO extra match.
Hi all BTT teams,

Last weekend we finished the Round 3 games. It was the last round at the group phase.

Because in the game OldSchool vs. Beertanks, team OldSchool delayed the game on purpose to get a better K-D, we started a discussion about whether or not we should modify the BTT rule and have extra matches.

After 3 days of voting, more people voted against to change the BTT rule. So we will have no extra match.

Therefore, all the teams coming up for the single elimination have been fixed.

They are:
A1: Anal-Elite
A2: Boozers
B1: BTF
B2: DevTeam
C1: OldSchool
C2: Sieg-GeiL
D1: WH3B
D2: Revoltek

Congratulations for the 8 teams!!

According to the BTT rules, the 1/4 final games will be:

Anal-Elite vs. Revoltek
BTF vs. Sieg-GeiL
OldSchool vs. DevTeam
WH3B vs. Boozers

From now on, there will be NO draw games. All games have to play till the end no matter how long it is.

For 1/4 final games, there will be only 1 game between the 2 teams.

The 1/4 final games will happen at the weekend of March 17th/18th. The detailed game schedule will be announced later at March 10th.

In the 1/2 finals, the game will be:

winner (Anal-Elite, Revoltek) vs. winner (BTF, Sieg-GeiL);
winner (OldSchool, DevTeam) vs. winner (WH3B, Boozers);

The 1/2 finals, and the final game will be BO3.

The 1/2 final games will happen at the weekend of March 24th/25th.
The final games will happen at the weekend of March 31st/April 1st.

Clearly, more people think we should follow the BTT rules even if some parts of the rules are not good, because the tournament has started.

So to be fair to everyone, from now on we will follow strictly the btt rules, and allow ZERO tolerance to any violation. Even if it means many games will become default win/lose, I will not adapt the rules anymore to save the games.

For every BTT player, here I want to kindly remind you:

1. Please study the BTT rules, and make sure you understand everything. Even if just a tiny violation, I will announce your team lose by default.
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2978

2. All players please join the game sharply on time. 1 second late to show up in the game lobby => your team will lose by default.

3. All players please make sure you use exact ID as you registered. We will no longer allow any player using unmatch ID to play the games.

hi all,Big Grin

thats sad but the community has decided....
ofcourse team Oldscotch accepts this decision. i think next btt the k/d ratio will be removed anyway - so lets all try to make suggestions to remove bugs.
we appreciate those who voted "yes" and tried to support us. thx a lot.
i think in the way we played this tournament we showed all that we are able to win this. anyway it was fun so far and we will be back next btt to rock itWink....
i wish you all lots of success on the way to the finals;)

greetings
Mr. Sheep, OldscotchBig Grin
(2012-03-08, 12:54:40)El_Polacco Wrote:
(2012-03-08, 00:10:32)olivercamel Wrote: The 1/4 final games will happen at the weekend of March 17th/18th. The detailed game schedule will be announced later at March 10th.

why tour is postponed if theres no extra games? wasnt it supposed to play next every week?

For this question, please refer to BTT rule 10.2 and 10.3.

(2012-03-08, 13:01:00)Terror-Sheep Wrote: ofcourse team Oldscotch accepts this decision.

I appreciate this. Thanks to the team OldScotch.

For me I'd like to schedule a rematch, but I have to respect public votes too. Sorry about it.
(2012-03-08, 13:01:00)Terror-Sheep Wrote: hi all,Big Grin

thats sad but the community has decided....
ofcourse team Oldscotch accepts this decision. we appreciate those who voted "yes" and tried to support us. thx a lot.
i think in the way we played this tournament we showed all that we are able to win this.

as i see poll results this is 19:17 (19-4 votes of old school and sieg-geil ) and 17-1 vote from oldscotch. Really sad is leaving from tour oldscotch as well as bug by random factors
Ok enought of this ladies, we are out so what, get ready for next games someone has to win this tournament! This is fair we knew rules, we did our best, we failed, so what, life goes on as i said wos fun experience and i am really looking forward next opurtunity to play vs btanks finestSmile
I wish you all luck and have fun + good time cause that is what all this is about!

"So to be fair to everyone, from now on we will follow strictly the btt rules, and allow ZERO tolerance to any violation. Even if it means many games will become default win/lose, I will not adapt the rules anymore to save the games."
Dont be so strickt Oli, really i feel this decidion is ok, keep up good work and make this tournament fun experience for everyone, as it wos so far. Just have good time and give us good games to watch. I am BTF fan now ! Wupti got superpowersSmile

Lucis
Oli what about adding ten 10 votes to yes and 5 votes to no?
What about making poll available only to btt players?
Imo it should be just team leaders voting.
Sorry for oldscotch. It's very bitchy for them. I hope people who voted "no" will be also victims of some bad rule.
(2012-03-08, 15:07:32)progg Wrote: Oli what about adding ten 10 votes to yes and 5 votes to no?
What about making poll available only to btt players?
Imo it should be just team leaders voting.
Sorry for oldscotch. It's very bitchy for them. I hope people who voted "no" will be also victims of some bad rule.
I really dont see problem, as i said we all knew rules we all had same chance, we can only blaim ourself, Oli wanted to give us chance, other people didnt, no need to talk about it anymore. No one didnt cheat us or break rules or made us lose first match. Maybe another time we would lose all or win all who knows... We are not victoms of anything, other teams were better prepared, smarter and they won their way true, gratz them insted of pulling this subject true all topics like we are some war heros or something. They did better that is all, and i wish them luck in further competition!

U're wrong bot365. Not all had same chance. Oldscotch didn't have chance to improve their k-d with beertanks like other teams had. that's why the results of group C sux.

And congratulations for the spirit of fairplay for Grana who said he feels bad after advancing to quarterfinals same way as oldschool and he willing to play vs bug, bc it's just unfair to advacing this way.
Pitty that competition and sport spirit isn't present in all teams...
(2012-03-08, 15:38:41)progg Wrote: U're wrong bot365. Not all had same chance. Oldscotch didn't have chance to improve their k-d with beertanks like other teams had. that's why the results of group C sux.

And congratulations for the spirit of fairplay for Grana who said he feels bad after advancing to quarterfinals same way as oldschool and he willing to play vs bug, bc it's just unfair to advacing this way.

yes progg on one way u are right and i agree with you....
but it wont change anything even when we discuss it next 2 weeks....
like i said before, lets finish this tournament with the existing rules and for the next btt all should think about ways to complete those rules and remove the weak points of it....
(2012-03-08, 15:38:41)progg Wrote: U're wrong bot365. Not all had same chance. Oldscotch didn't have chance to improve their k-d with beertanks like other teams had. that's why the results of group C sux.

I am LucisSmile I play in Oldscotch... Sport is that way, it is not always fair for someone. I dk any sport competition where it is compleatly fair to all, that is life it is not fair but there are rules and people should do their best acording to this rules. I am from Croatia i know my country wos so many times out of competitions cause of judges, letting other team wins so we get out and so on, it made me learn if you want to acomplish something you have to beat all. If we were best in group we would beat all and we wouldnt have this conversation, but we werent. Next time we will do better. But thank you for support!Smile

Btw we had chance to improve our k/d, we played second game vs them we just didnt think of itSmile We just wanted to win it.
@progg, Terror-Sheep, bot365

The decision has made. So let's all move on and discuss no more in this post.

Btw, I should also thank Grana and team Boozers, who voluntarily said we can do a rematch with team bug. And I never contact him to request for a rematch, but Grana still said so.

I hoped team sieg-geil or oldschool could stand out to help me solve the trouble, but they didn't. I don't blame them, because they just follow the rules. But emotinally I feel team boozers are much nicer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTT2012 Final Rank olivercamel 11 9,739 2012-07-12, 10:31:13
Last Post: daminator3
  BTT2012 Ends and short Summary olivercamel 2 4,151 2012-04-16, 14:15:19
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  BTT2012 Game Replays olivercamel 11 13,090 2012-04-15, 23:07:14
Last Post: olivercamel
  BTT2012 Honor Game olivercamel 10 10,271 2012-04-15, 23:03:56
  BTT2012 Winner Prizes olivercamel 12 12,775 2012-04-12, 23:56:27