Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guard root ability
Hi,

just tried the guard tank for fun.
and i wonder why the root ability needs mana to root and to unroot? i saw that the mana needed is divided : 50% for root 50 %unroot. but i find it hard to require half spell mana to unroot. if you dont have the mana left you are stuck.
I know i am not used to this tank and this is one hard tank to deal with, maybe that s why i get careless and get stuck. But I will prefer to spend all my mana spell to root or 90% and no mana or 10% to unroot cause mana regen is low.
If it was on purpose then maybe u can explain the balance behind. But I think that the bonus that root offers dont cover the stuck and half of mana needed to move again.
And I dont want to imagine if an ennemy (a good one indeed) gets ghost and use his first spell to suck mana and life when rooted.
I know also that Guard is more for a good teamplay but I feel that this 50% mana to unroot could be very tricky : If u need mana to unroot maybe only 10% of the spell cost.
GUARD SUCKS!
Guard suck more than ever and isn't worth buying cuz of mana crapness you need 10 mana boosts for it to never have mana problems so it can be really useful, and that cost 4000 so guard is shit imo. Also it must summon treants which also cost mana. So it sucks even more then.... Actually it's so hard playing guard, mainly cuz when u are rooted all enemies team up against you sooner or later you lose by standing still cuz there's really bad to stand still in battle tanks as guard is not so strong. Also when guard is moving you lose the nice ability to spawn treants when u are rooted.

Also natural healing is completely useless when you are not rooted, maybe make it also slightly useful when you are not rooted.
Suggestion: You get half the hp gained pr sec when you are not rooted and no damage reduction.
Guard doesn't suckBig Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I never skill root above rank 1 to keep the mana cost as low as possible, try to hit the 0:20,0:40,1:00 spawn times for treants by planting right before it.
Its usually impossible to keep rooted whatever weapons or equip you might have.

You're not forced to play it like a tower just because you've got root. In my opinion that skill needs to be changed into something a lot more mobile. Its solid on paper but impossible to use with the current importance of walking with creepwaves and having mobility (Air Ship dominance anyone?).

You could always take a peak at the replay posted Here for some alternative uses of the Guard.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
Although TKF tends to exaggerate, I agree. Mana costs will be removed next version.
EDIT: Or not, we will see in the next beta ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Doesn't skilling low level rooting gives you shitty treants? Only 1 level, or is battle tanks wiki outdated?

I think the mana removal would be too much, maybe a slight mana reduction perhaps?
Wiki is outdatedTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
poor Wiki.. sarching for his wikings... let him get the experience to grow in order not to be outdatet anymore.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gold for the guard Perfektionist 4 4,917 2013-03-21, 20:05:59
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Ability Adjustment Feedback TKF 18 10,545 2010-09-08, 16:00:01
Last Post: TKF
  Balancing: Ghost tank, Guard, Demon Althend 28 14,067 2010-03-23, 08:30:53
Last Post: Andibert
  earth robot's ability cooldown unpredictable_m 1 1,595 2009-11-07, 07:05:30
Last Post: unpredictable_m
  Ability [Tank cannon] underpowered Doomhammer112 24 12,774 2009-06-21, 13:30:09
Last Post: Prog