Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ability [Tank cannon] underpowered
As you all may know most of the tanks have the ability [Tank cannon].If you start as a light tank you can take this ability and its really good but with frost robot or demon tank it is pointless.The ability should be like only on the 3-5k tanks and the 10k tanks should have a better tank cannon.For example:[tank cannon] at light tank [level 5] dammage:300 per sec ; [tank cannon] at heavy tank [level 5] dammage:600 per sec ; [Tank cannon] at frost robot [level 5] dammage:900 per sec.It will give the [Tank cannon] more point so it will be used at high level tanks also.I quite use the [Tank cannon] when im with light tank and rarely with heavy tank but never with frost robot.
Did you know that the tank cannon lv5 is comparable to a 4000 gold weapon.

Tank cannon has been like this in most versions and will most likely stay this way, unless Exodus have a change of mind.
Well if I play with a good tank (for example frost robot) then I never take this spell.And If you have the ability as level 5 you should compare that with other spell that you have so you can decide what spell really is better.
You shouldn't compare tank cannon with other spells you have, it's a spell in it's own category and well balanced imo. (btw i skill cannon with every tank quite early as much as possible, that you play differently is not a very usefull argumentation)
Indeed it is because these tanks after 10k have really cool abilities.
Trolololo
Well, but tank canon is completely passive. If you skill all other abilities and tank canon at last - your mana usally is to slow to use all at once. Also you use your acitive abilities when you think its useful - tank canon is used for creeping too. Even teh hunter Anit hero canon is balanced to the usual weapon bounty formula.

If you want to persuade exo to change ask for a tank canon with slower range to increase its dps or so i thing. Maybe the Frosty gets a 750range Ice projectile attack as tank canon or what.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Yea.. 750 range would be cool for Frost Robot..
Trolololo
I can see that some of you guys think it is ok and someone think it isn't.I would like to say i am happy with the spell itself but it is not ballanced with the other spells.Let me give yo an example:light tank has the ability [Mini rocket] [level 5] and it has range 1000 and dammage 900.Now heavy tank has the ability [Aiming rocket][level 5] what has range 2000 and dammage 1500.You can see that the ability what heavy tank has is better but the ability [Tank cannon] is the same.Thats why I'm used to pick the other spells before [Tank cannon].It is a good notice that the ability [Tank cannon] wont take mana.But it wont make it better because with weak tanks it wont taka mana, too.If all the other spells go better with better tanks then [Tank cannon] what is the primary weapon of the tank will be the same.
Not every skill must be stronger at more expensive tanks. You have to keep in mind that a buff of the tank cannon will result in a buff of later tanks and we had huge discussions here becouse saving for better tanks is allready in general the best strategy.
See for example:
http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=984
http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1020
All armor requirement topics.
etc.
Hmm meybe. But if you would check that the active spells used to be better (also all other passive skills) with every other tanks. And as you said that the best strategy is saveing money for better tanks hasnt got nothing to do with [Tank cannon]. I agree that making [Tank cannon] better will make better tanks even more better but then the tank needs to be generaly nerfed.That means nerfing HP, spells, armor and speed.Not just making one skill weaker (that means the [Tank cannon] is the same with all other tanks).
Of course it would be possible, but why rebalance everything when the tanks are currently nearly perfect balanced? (nearly becouse of medivac)
Or better said: You can improve tank canon - but need to make all other abilities of stronger tanks slighty weaker to balance the good strategy of saving for bigger tanks.

--> that would mean huuuuge work of balancing for nearly every tank from 4000 Gold up

Prog means its easier to stay with a weaker tank canon and balanced overall skills for big tanks than debuffing and testing nearly all tankskills again ^^
Random Player
Frost robot's 900 dps weapon will add a 8k gold boost to it. It needs a rebalance with other stats. And i think all stats are quite balanced.. And tank cannon is a free weapon comes with every tank (-tinker, titan) and leveling it is up to you.. Dont count tank cannon as a skill..
Trolololo
You are right - if you are buying a tank you can't see that there is written ability [Tank cannon]. I agree that the [Tank cannon] ability powering will make tanks unballanced - if you don't nerf other stats.I am really glad to here that you guys are happy with this ability. I can say that in this part that the [Tank cannon] is just like a free weapon and if you don't count it as a skill then it should be ok. For me I just don't really take it with high level tanks but i really like it at low level tanks.
Well, making custom cannons for high level tanks I'm not against, as long it keeps the same damage balance.

Some variations could be for example:

Shredder:
Shred Cannon - Has a 140dps pr level 750 range (creep only)

Heavy Tank:
Aimed Rocket Cannon - Has a 45dps pr level 1200 range cannon (it has 6 seconds cooldown, dealing 270 damage pr level)

Frost Robot:
Ice Cannon - Has a 90dps pr level 600 range

Demon tank:
Lava cannon - Has a 60dps 900 range lava shot cannon (it has 6 seconds cooldown , dealing 360 damage pr level)

Guard:
Root Cannon - Have a 95 dps pr level 1000 range (creep only)

Goblin Tank:
Hammer Cannon - Have a 75dps pr level 750 range (hero only)

Infernal:
Infernal Cannon - Has a 108dps pr level 500 range

Earth Robot:
Rock Cannon - Has a 90dps pr level 1050 range (structure only)

Airship:
Plasma Shard Cannon - Does 72dps pr level 750 range

Sky Tank:
Heavy Cannon - Does 60 dps pr level 900 range (3 seconds cooldown, 180 damage pr level)

Sky Fort:
Bombing Cannon - Does 75dps pr level 900 range (ground only)

Thunder Tank:
Electric Cannon - Does 54dps pr level 1000 range (2 seconds cooldown, 108 damage pr level)

Ghost Tank:
Ghost Cannon - Does 105dps pr level 900 range (creep only)
Hmm this is not a bad idea. Its really a good idea to make different ranges and dammages and targets to tank cannons. I support.
i also really like it, shorter range for tank cannons on goblin tank/shredder was suggested before, with positive feedback as i recall...

however, we dont have to change every tank cannon just for the purpose of changing it. I'd like to change 2 or 3 and then see what happens.
Well i think exodus should deside how much should be changed ( and ofc all the DevTeam :wink: ).
I like it too, but I think it´s worth only for bigger tanks like demon tank and more.
Random Player
Thats true. And I havent said that the lower tanks need it. I also suggest that new Tank cannons should be on 30k tanks (that means all the tanks what you can get by randoming with 30k). Actually I really haven't thought how the cannons should be (range, dammage, targets). Seems like TKF has some good ideas but I don't know how ballanced they are.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,620 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985
  Thunder tank BENNIE.FM 8 5,546 2013-02-26, 11:54:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Acid Cannon UnifiedDoom 41 30,274 2012-09-15, 20:15:13
Last Post: Exodus
  Double Mech / Ghost Tank / Antigrav / medivac griffin1987 20 14,511 2012-03-05, 09:33:41
Last Post: 091846
  Storm Tank - Do you like it? AeroniumX 8 7,337 2012-02-25, 01:37:24
Last Post: AeroniumX