Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce Text output
Hi. My suggestion: Reduce text output to a minimum!

For example in the game lobby, every now and then a message appears with "this is a qualify game blah blah". This is so useless! Also, when joining a bot, there are huge patterns printed with useless text like "welcome [nickname] to this server". Just remove all of this useless junk and only display the important information ONCE! Everyone can read it then and chatting will finally be possible again without fast scrolling up and down.
Also when game starts and players are still loading, there come chat messages "player xy has finished loading" Oh thank you, I can see he is not loading anymore by looking at that huge window in the middle of the screen! These messages congest the players communication about tactic discussion ect. Just remove these useless messages!

I attatched a screenshot for discussion about the importance of various messages. Especially look at the useless clutter when joining:

Code:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
OMG LOOK, ITS SO PRETTY!

Code:
-> Game name: "BTANKS BLAHBLAH #123456"
O'RLY? Didn't I just joined that exact game? Why are you telling me the obvious?

I guess you get the point, I'll stop here...
its OK. just change the countdown to game start it's annoying
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
I'd like to read a statement from the devs on this topic.
(2012-05-11, 15:23:10)ssl Wrote: I'd like to read a statement from the devs on this topic.

same ^^
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
hm personally, i aint got such a big prob with it.
maybe set at least the time of the "waiting for .... "/autorefresh msg higher?
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
Maybe reduced the text
"...Teams will be balanced after the countdown!!!"

to
"...Teams will be balanced!"

Then it will be on 1 sentence line.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add visible Damage Display Text 24/7? AeroniumX 7 5,667 2012-05-03, 18:51:02
Last Post: Akolyt0r
  Reduce Infernal Rain damage by 25% after lvl1 Gammagulp 27 16,139 2009-07-08, 18:13:20
Last Post: eSVau
  Reduce Teleporter Range or increase costs. Gammagulp 34 16,300 2009-06-12, 16:38:58
Last Post: Dr.McNinja