Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Further balance suggestions
Tanks:
--------
- Thunder:
- Increase Aura to 700-777 and adjust damage,
- Increase damage/level of stun to 200,
- Increase Ulti (I remember suggestions to damage buildings as well or to destroy some mana).

- Schredder:
- Increase the range of the second wave of Metal Stars to 500-555,
- Increase start range of Ulti to 1000 and decrease gained range/level to 150.

- Dämon : Increase damage of Demon Fire a little (100/level).

- Add a supporter tank for 10-15k gold?

Weapons:
------------
- Make Rock Catapults rapid firing at normal mode (like Burning Projectiles),
- Make Poison Magic cost 4444 gold,
- Spread the Contrast between Fear Magic and Magic Cannon more,
- Make another 2400-2600 gold weapon (800-900 range).

Miscellaneous:
-----------------
- Make mass converter combinable with upgraded Burst/Reflective armor.
- Make Aura Creeps spawn at any allied factory (not only those of the Force and make spent 9k gold a waste once all 6 base factories are gone).

Regards!
I think that any changes on the Thunder tank will make it OP !
Thunder is ok at the moment
Don't be racist!
Be like a panda
Its white and black
Asian but fat:)
i assume you just came home & you aren't soberSmile
(2012-06-17, 09:37:37)RaptorXI Wrote: - Add a supporter tank for 10-15k gold?
- Make mass converter combinable with upgraded Burst/Reflective armor.
I agree with these 2. It would be nice to have an additional late game tank option other then the big 3... I was thinking more 17k ish but 15 is close enough ^^

Making Burst/reflective into something upgradable via blueprint will make an rather interesting item.
(2012-06-17, 09:37:37)RaptorXI Wrote: - Increase Aura to 700-777 and adjust damage
- Make Poison Magic cost 4444 gold
I really diagree with these 2... This game really does not need an "easy-to-get" poison and Thunder is strong enough as is. I don't mind an aura increase if there is a damage decrease to compensate
People wouldn't buy 3-4 posions if it was cheaper... it's the most bought weapon, also take a look at the other weapons around which no one buys (Flamer, Laser, Ghosts of Doom...).

About the Thunder: it's too tempting to play it like any other poison-porter tank, but much more interesting with a 700-900 range build (and switch to Dämon/Frost fast instead of joining the Inferno club).
Thunder too strong? Loses against Schredder, Airship and Heavy (to name the nearest tanks in its class). Only strong in mid and there you have to be the stunner...
- Make Poison Magic cost 4444 gold

lol, in which way it is balanceTongue

poison is a imba weapon for early, middle game
Since so many of my last suggestions made it into the map and releasing the new map seems to take another halfyear some suggestions for 8.80:

- increase range and decrease cooldown of Skytank Ulti,
- nerf Heavy Tank: Mortars and Ulti needs to be weaker,
- all tanks between 7500 and 15000 are too weak except Hunter (maybe create more consumable items and cheap receipes),
- increase range of Troop Module Aura to 2000.
(2013-08-13, 11:45:35)RaptorXI Wrote: Since so many of my last suggestions made it into the map and releasing the new map seems to take another halfyear some suggestions for 8.80:

- all tanks between 7500 and 15000 are too weak except Hunter (maybe create more consumable items and cheap receipes),

+ rework traider.
At the moment it's:
1. Unplayable as a newbie or not-so-good player. It's really hard to play it right, because the skills need skill to handle (esp. first skill requires constant hotkey + click spamming to work effectively)
2. Way too strong in the hand of someone who can actually play - and this holds true for start and especially later on. I've seen raiders killing titans rather easily in late game, doing port skill + heal skill + thorns, then heal kicks in and you get healed up to 7k hp while getting less damage and also doing damage to others thanks to thorns, and then you do additional damage and also get away using the port skill.
3. 1st skill becomes very useless later in the game (way too strong at start, way too weak later on)
4. please change the clickable area - it's even harder to click than heli, and from the model it's supposed to be larger than demolisher.

Suggestions:
1. Rework clickable area / model to make it more easily clickable
2. first skill should use more mana, and do more damage at higher levels (level 4 and 5, below is okay i think)
3. limit heal like ulti (e.g. 400 hp per level)

Also it seems to me that deflective armor + mass converter could stack. I'm not sure, because deflective armor says it only won't stack with burst, but mass converter says "item ... do not stack" - imho it shouldn't stack, as you could get permanent invulnerability that way to certain weapons (add in the res skill of a gobo or earth, and you're good to go with about 90% res at most and constant tank repair from mass conv, and you still have 4 free slots)

+ Make titan stun work on sky fort. Haven't seen sky fort stunned a single time by titan stun, no matter how you hit. Or, if stun doesn't work on air units, the tooltip should state so (though, I think skyfort is a bit too strong if it can't be stunned that way, considering it's 4 ups and 4k less than titan, so 10k in total)
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2013-08-13, 11:45:35)RaptorXI Wrote: Since so many of my last suggestions made it into the map and releasing the new map seems to take another halfyear some suggestions for 8.80:

-Heavy tank mortars are really strong maybe 5-10%w nerf to each level
-While getting into depth its hard to say frost hunter and demon reflect the amount you pay.Demon lately has had some buffing making it more strong.Earth is still strong in some areas it is at the lower class of the expensive tanks a smallest of buffs at best.Sky tank ulti,and first skill improve skill range by 50-100.Goliath i can't use it to carry my team as i could with skyfort or inf i play with lag and easily predict and dodge ulti but again using the skill when the enemy is stunned will improve your chance of hitting.

I think you got to remember a lot of these tanks are strong in different situations and there strengths vary in different scenarios.

At this point i sometimes still prefer goblin instead of earth or demon.

Heavy ulti is really strong but i think it does take some amount of skill to aim so i would say a 2-4% reducement at max.

Raptor i love your suggestions they all have some reasoning behind them.I think the mappers have got as close as i ever seen to the most fully balanced map.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

:(

I'll hurry up now, I promise.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,065 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 8,701 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  ELO calculating in team balance progg 49 31,255 2012-04-26, 21:13:45
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Remake / Balance invis mechanic griffin1987 9 8,321 2011-11-14, 00:09:17
Last Post: gozo1985
  Add descriptions/suggestions to tanks/weapons progg 7 5,517 2011-07-22, 20:49:55
Last Post: progg