Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy team shouldn't be informed about -giveup status
It promotes flaming against those who don't and why should they know if someone tries to -giveup it at all?
I agree with that. Additionally, I'd like to see some more slight adjustments to the current system: Remove/reduce the "cooldown" to vote for/against giveup. I've seen it MANY times where people want to giveup and write it again so the team actually sees they want to giveup but then remove their vote instead. Then, they have to wait a full minute. I don't see the point in this delay. Also, the current system does not allow to see who/how many actually voted at any given time.

Perhaps the best solution is to do another command to revoke giveup and then show who wants to giveup and who dont if one issues any of them. This way, even one who don't want to giveup can see who wants to and how many
(2012-07-04, 18:00:36)ssl Wrote: Also, the current system does not allow to see who/how many actually voted at any given time.

Still a missing feature! What's the reason this was not implemented in the latest version please?

There is not even a way to find out your own giveup status...
It is possible. When you enter -giveup, you can see the status of your team. Since the withdrawel happens with -giveup revoke now, you don't have to fear to change your vote on accident.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Yesterday I played 8.76 (without b) and I didn't get that list. Perhaps it's in 8.76b which is not hosting anymore due to bugs?
No, it is working there. It is not a list, but only a number, which shows how many people voted for a giveup.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2012-07-29, 15:19:31)Exodus Wrote: No, it is working there. It is not a list, but only a number, which shows how many people voted for a giveup.

o.O then it's a misunderstanding. I wanted to have a LIST of players with their vote so one can identify a player who has not given up.
That is bad, because it encourages that the one who still thinks there is a chance gets flamed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Promote team play Max 7 5,867 2014-02-13, 19:08:16
Last Post: BtankNoob
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 17,969 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 8,732 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985
  -giveup autoadjust eSVau 4 4,407 2012-12-31, 12:13:50
Last Post: EarthR
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 8,841 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL