Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
conquest victory for league?
Hey all,

i often play games where my team loses all cp. But the enemy cant take down our base. (repair robots in maintower or something else) The game need 20-30 min more to end. And my team know that we cant win but one or two of our team dont giveup.

I think a conquest victory with 15 minutes is enough. If the enemy cant take one cp in 15 min back they never can take one back.

Positiv/negativ response?

Perfektionist
Well depends on the situation the team that is being pressed is. There have been many games won when Headqurters had 5k hp and less. So it all comes down to why they dont want to giveup. And conquest victory is just stupid imo. If someone wants to play till base is destroyed for whatever reason its his choice and you cant force someone to go with your own logic. If you dont want to play anymore you are always free to leave or to kick them for not giving up (although the later only when they dont giveup for a stupid reason like i want to punish or whatever)
(2012-10-31, 16:27:10)Perfektionist Wrote: Hey all,

i often play games where my team loses all cp. But the enemy cant take down our base. (repair robots in maintower or something else) The game need 20-30 min more to end. And my team know that we cant win but one or two of our team dont giveup.

I think a conquest victory with 15 minutes is enough. If the enemy cant take one cp in 15 min back they never can take one back.

Positiv/negativ response?

Perfektionist

I don't agree i often make comeback wins after trollingTongue
(2012-10-31, 17:40:02)EarthR Wrote: Well depends on the situation the team that is being pressed is. There have been many games won when Headqurters had 5k hp and less. So it all comes down to why they dont want to giveup. And conquest victory is just stupid imo. If someone wants to play till base is destroyed for whatever reason its his choice and you cant force someone to go with your own logic. If you dont want to play anymore you are always free to leave or to kick them for not giving up (although the later only when they dont giveup for a stupid reason like i want to punish or whatever)

If they got a chance to destroy the enemybase with there HQ 5k hp left they only can do this if they take one CP. After that the CW countdown will stop. Thats not the problem^^

You got 15 min time to destroy the enemy base? where is the problem?Big Grin and if the enemy still got one sidelane cp you have unlimited time. Win = win imo.^^

I writed this suggetions because if i can hold my sidelane until my team failed in mid and the other sidelane then i dont want to leave. Why should i leave and destroy my stay rate because of my teammates fail?
(2012-10-31, 19:57:14)Perfektionist Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 17:40:02)EarthR Wrote: Well depends on the situation the team that is being pressed is. There have been many games won when Headqurters had 5k hp and less. So it all comes down to why they dont want to giveup. And conquest victory is just stupid imo. If someone wants to play till base is destroyed for whatever reason its his choice and you cant force someone to go with your own logic. If you dont want to play anymore you are always free to leave or to kick them for not giving up (although the later only when they dont giveup for a stupid reason like i want to punish or whatever)

If they got a chance to destroy the enemybase with there HQ 5k hp left they only can do this if they take one CP. After that the CW countdown will stop. Thats not the problem^^

You got 15 min time to destroy the enemy base? where is the problem?Big Grin and if the enemy still got one sidelane cp you have unlimited time. Win = win imo.^^

I writed this suggetions because if i can hold my sidelane until my team failed in mid and the other sidelane then i dont want to leave. Why should i leave and destroy my stay rate because of my teammates fail?

its more like you dont get it, if you never had a comeback in game. Who says your teamates fail and not you? dont just act all high and mighty and consider others noobs. Your "lane" doesnt mean you only play there, it just means you start there and if any other place needs help you act there. Dont think this is a solo game its a team game. And since you give up from what i understand and just wait for game to be done with you cant make a comeback.
(2012-10-31, 21:30:06)EarthR Wrote: its more like you dont get it, if you never had a comeback in game. Who says your teamates fail and not you? dont just act all high and mighty and consider others noobs. Your "lane" doesnt mean you only play there, it just means you start there and if any other place needs help you act there. Dont think this is a solo game its a team game. And since you give up from what i understand and just wait for game to be done with you cant make a comeback.

i mean that you have 15 minutes to take one cp back... so there isnt a problem for a comeback game. But if they come with hunter, havy and airtank to my sidelane because they already took mid i cant do anything. And then i know my team allready lost. Teamstats are 60/30 for the enemy and my team doesnt want to give up -.-
(2012-10-31, 21:48:20)Perfektionist Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 21:30:06)EarthR Wrote: its more like you dont get it, if you never had a comeback in game. Who says your teamates fail and not you? dont just act all high and mighty and consider others noobs. Your "lane" doesnt mean you only play there, it just means you start there and if any other place needs help you act there. Dont think this is a solo game its a team game. And since you give up from what i understand and just wait for game to be done with you cant make a comeback.

i mean that you have 15 minutes to take one cp back... so there isnt a problem for a comeback game. But if they come with hunter, havy and airtank to my sidelane because they already took mid i cant do anything. And then i know my team allready lost. Teamstats are 60/30 for the enemy and my team doesnt want to give up -.-

I have tryed plenty of times where we defend HQ for 30 min or more and then make a comeback (without taking cp before). if you have a problem about your "team" losing "their" lanes and then gang "your" lane it doesn't necessarily mean the game is over. with good team play any game can be won easily so it's not fair against your team to quit playing your best/giveup before all agrees. ofcause you can type -giveup but if any player in your team dont want to giveup you should support him/her or quit the game, since you only will harm your team.
Easy wins are 1 thing but its when it gets tough you show your true skill. Personally i have more fun when it's a close/hard game even though it can be fun sometimes to obliterate the other team Cool
(2012-10-31, 22:28:53)Wupti Wrote: I have tryed plenty of times where we defend HQ for 30 min or more and then make a comeback (without taking cp before). if you have a problem about your "team" losing "their" lanes and then gang "your" lane it doesn't necessarily mean the game is over. with good team play any game can be won easily so it's not fair against your team to quit playing your best/giveup before all agrees. ofcause you can type -giveup but if any player in your team dont want to giveup you should support him/her or quit the game, since you only will harm your team.
Easy wins are 1 thing but its when it gets tough you show your true skill. Personally i have more fun when it's a close/hard game even though it can be fun sometimes to obliterate the other team Cool

in all my comeback games are leaver. My or the enemy team stay infront of the base. Nothing happend. If they come in the base they die. Thats why they wait outside. = ZZZzzzz game. Then someone left of the enemy team because kick/dissconnect/ragequit. This often happend after 20 min boring gameplay/farming for better tank. Then my or the enemyteam start a comeback.

In my opinion is endgame shit. Because everyone got 20000 hp and the game slows down. (look at the actions per minute in the beginning (120+) and at the end (120-) You dont have to go back and forth to hit the enemy and dodge missles.

10 minutes before this post i got a game [BTanks League QUALIFY #105724] which need 1 hour and 50 min. Everyone got a Titan and the game was so boring. Nothing happend. After 01:30:00 some of my team decided to go afk. (we got all cp and destroy all factorys of the enemy). Then the enemy gang all cp and because i stopped deffending the base (i want that my team give up because of wasting time [3vs4] but they didnt) they won the game after 01:50:00. And thats why i want a conquest victory functuion. After one hour we got all cp.
(2012-11-01, 00:16:05)Perfektionist Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 22:28:53)Wupti Wrote: I have tryed plenty of times where we defend HQ for 30 min or more and then make a comeback (without taking cp before). if you have a problem about your "team" losing "their" lanes and then gang "your" lane it doesn't necessarily mean the game is over. with good team play any game can be won easily so it's not fair against your team to quit playing your best/giveup before all agrees. ofcause you can type -giveup but if any player in your team dont want to giveup you should support him/her or quit the game, since you only will harm your team.

in all my comeback games are leaver. My or the enemy team stay infront of the base. Nothing happend. If they come in the base they die. Thats why they wait outside. = ZZZzzzz game. Then someone left of the enemy team because kick/dissconnect/ragequit. This often happend after 20 min boring gameplay/farming for better tank. Then my or the enemyteam start a comeback.

In my opinion is endgame shit. Because everyone got 20000 hp and the game slows down. (look at the actions per minute in the beginning (120+) and at the end (120-) You dont have to go back and forth to hit the enemy and dodge missles.

10 minutes before this post i got a game [BTanks League QUALIFY #105724] which need 1 hour and 50 min. Everyone got a Titan and the game was so boring. Nothing happend. After 01:30:00 some of my team decided to go afk. (we got all cp and destroy all factorys of the enemy). Then the enemy gang all cp and because i stopped deffending the base (i want that my team give up because of wasting time [3vs4] but they didnt) they won the game after 01:50:00. And thats why i want a conquest victory functuion. After one hour we got all cp.

If you can't finish base it's your fault, there are many different strategies which should work just fine. With the "conquest victory function" you talk about it would just be vice versa. Conquer all cp's - no need to attack hq just camp cp with mass barri + towers and maybe a 2nd fac for 15 min = win. Is this the kind of game u want?
(2012-11-01, 00:36:58)Wupti Wrote: If you can't finish base it's your fault, there are many different strategies which should work just fine. With the "conquest victory function" you talk about it would just be vice versa. Conquer all cp's - no need to attack hq just camp cp with mass barri + towers and maybe a 2nd fac for 15 min = win. Is this the kind of game u want?

i dont think people do that! In beta with CV it works fine. They only start to camp if 3 minutes left to win. Then the enemy got a direct mission: Take one CP in 3 minutes or lose. Then the enemy have to go out of there base = you can go around them in there base and destroy there HQ^^
(2012-11-01, 00:53:56)Perfektionist Wrote:
(2012-11-01, 00:36:58)Wupti Wrote: If you can't finish base it's your fault, there are many different strategies which should work just fine. With the "conquest victory function" you talk about it would just be vice versa. Conquer all cp's - no need to attack hq just camp cp with mass barri + towers and maybe a 2nd fac for 15 min = win. Is this the kind of game u want?

i dont think people do that! In beta with CV it works fine. They only start to camp if 3 minutes left to win. Then the enemy got a direct mission: Take one CP in 3 minutes or lose. Then the enemy have to go out of there base = you can go around them in there base and destroy there HQ^^

Oh yes believe me people would do that (just look at camping at tankspot). I understand your concern about the HQ camp however as i said there are lots of ways to draw them out. An examble would be to make a factory and a troop command center (bombs). Then they are forced to push you, or if used better you repack it with +1000 mana and go bomb the base. Your idea is fine, but i dont think it would benefit the game since it would be abusedUndecided

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Give up on Tinker in League toyboatt 38 33,249 2012-04-07, 10:46:32
Last Post: EarthR
  IP check for League / Multiacc BAN Smartie 6 5,062 2011-12-17, 20:00:51
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  allowing trader in league Shadowgear7 2 2,760 2011-11-25, 08:08:50
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
Thumbs Down CLAN LEAGUE! progg 4 3,257 2011-08-27, 09:31:33
Last Post: El_Polacco
  League - Scoring of Unbalanced Games griffin1987 3 3,281 2011-06-26, 14:40:25
Last Post: El_Polacco