Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banning Qualify
Hey this regarding qualify games are you allowed to flame and sabotage as much as you want.I recently played a game were it apparent this player did not care about being banned he provided examples of bad behaviour such as flaming denial of play and unsocial behaviour.What i am trying to say is why is this allowed person allowed to play ranked a standard should be set across qualify and ranked,in this special circumstance requested a ban request,couldn't you track his i.p.I don't see why someone should sit in the base try kick players flame them be ruin there stay rate be allowed in rank i will kindly upload the replay if needed.

Regards BENNIE meowwwww
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
i guess velo could do that but it's a tilt at windmills
league admins can't do that ^^
There are two problems with qualify
  • we do not have any realm information from replays nor direct access to bot logs
  • it requires 5 seconds to create a new battle.net account

I still don't get it how so many people play rather qualify than ranked, since a leaver almost kills a game everytime and i can't recall a finished qualify with a full set of players.
But hey, if everyone thinks ranked takes forever to start and therefore do not join, then ranked will take forever to start - it's somewhat a self-fulfilling prophecy for the crowd.

I rather wait and have a full game (at least ranked has a higher probability to be)

*woof*
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I can post the replay, so can i post the same request when they start playing ranked? just seems abit stupid you would still want people to have fun playing.I guess you guys have read the reasons why i asked for the ban request

@esvau im sure you have banned someone i posted a ban request on by tracking i.p or something and finding who it was just a query.

I also prefer rank and don't mind the wait however i don't have a mouse or playing competitively atm.Im sure at times there are ten ranked players in qualify lol.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
(2013-07-31, 12:17:40)BENNIE.FM Wrote: I can post the replay, so can i post the same request when they start playing ranked? just seems abit stupid you would still want people to have fun playing.I guess you guys have read the reasons why i asked for the ban request

@esvau im sure you have banned someone i posted a ban request on by tracking i.p or something and finding who it was just a query.

I also prefer rank and don't mind the wait however i don't have a mouse or playing competitively atm.Im sure at times there are ten ranked players in qualify lol.

Banning by IP is not feasable unfortunately as many people have dynamic IPs (I can just restart my router for example and get a new IP - takes me 2 minutes), and in that case you could end up banning someone totally different down the road (as someone else will get your old IP, e.g. they are swapped around).

And sometimes qualify games are better than ranked ones actually, because the ELO system stopped to really work a long time ago, and that's not even the league admins fault, it's just a mathematical problem (too many good players quit playing bt with a high elo). At the moment you already need some kind of skill to stay at 1500 elo, which is the starting point, so it's totally not uncommon for someone being rather new at BT having a higher elo than someone who's been playing for years. Also there aren't that many very good players anymore (I'm definitely not one of them), so it's not uncommon that you have a game with one very good player tilting tha balance. Compare that to qualify where people get shuffled randomly and those who play bad will quit themselves. Well, some actually prefer fucking their own team over because they somehow think they need stay percentage though they never play ranked ...
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Close temporarily qualify bots El_Polacco 45 29,437 2015-05-23, 01:31:07
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  Qualify games ban dirtyterror 1 2,324 2014-09-25, 13:15:36
Last Post: stibi-
  send back to qualify? (apm, afk like player) ckibibi 1 2,303 2014-06-07, 21:30:29
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Frozen download at qualify bot Flygplan 5 4,925 2013-11-02, 18:39:04
Last Post: stibi-
  Banrequest of Qualify Games gozo1985 11 6,457 2013-09-10, 07:59:45
Last Post: El_Polacco