Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Tanks 8.79d
Hey guys,

well this sure took me a long time to finish. I feel like I have to apologize every single time, when I release a new version, because it takes so long, but this time it was especially long ... Well anyway! At least we now got the biggest content update in a long time and I hope you enjoy it!

v 8.79
  • Highlights
    • Added two new tanks: Darkness Tank and Distributor
    • Rearranged all tanks in the tank shops!
    • Added two new blueprints: Emergency Repair and Kinetic Shields
    • Added a new late game siege item: Black Sun Project
    • Added buyable temporary creep wave buffs to the HQ

• Tank Changes
    • Added a hero glow to the Storm Tank model
    • Increased the area of Storm Shock (Storm Tank) from 300 to 400
    • Energy Leash (Storm Tank) now only draws 250 units per second (down from 300) and costs more mana
    • Reduced the speed bonus of Jet Propulsion (Air Ship) from 30/lvl to 22/lvl
    • Healing Drones (Air Ship) now have a stackable 3% slow that lasts 2s
    • Remade Hell Fire (Demon Tank), it now draws units to the tank before dealing damage
    • The Obelisk (Titan) will no longer drag units back that left its area with a Control Point Teleport

• Item Changes
    • Added a new base item: Area Boost
    • Reinforcements now require Weapon or Armor upgrades level 2 (instead of 1)
    • The passive heal of the Mass Converter is now an active ability
    • Reduced the magic resistance of Mass Converter and Negator Pack from 20% to 16%
    • Reduced the countdown of the Explosives from 4 to 3s again
    • Tanks that use Explosives now turn gradually red during the countdown
    • The Explosive countdown may now be stopped by stunning the charging tank

• Game Changes
    • Vehicle Factory now has a second shop page
    • Added a new ability to Rocket Towers, which increases its attack speed for a short time
    • Added a new Tower Ruin building: Camouflage Generator
    • The tank buy message now shows, if the tank has been randomed
    • Increased the amount of support points you gain (for buying upgrades, towers, etc)
    • Buying Teleport Breakers and Detectors now also grants support points
    • Factory and Troop Command Center now grant support points when you buy them, instead of when you use them
    • When dying near a Control Point that is being contested, you will no longer get a penalty for that death
    • The endgame screen no longer adds support points and assists together in one row (like the multiboard does)

• Bug Fixes
    • Fixed hotkeys for the Trade Market
    • Fixed long range weapons working on Tech Mechs
    • Fixed Freezing Missile from only slowing tanks
    • Fixed some triggered missiles from sometimes stopping when following a fast tank
    • Fixed Gravity Grenade (Hunter) from affecting invulnerable targets
    • Fixed Splash Cannon (Architect) from losing its active state after a death or Dimension Shift
    • Fixed Defuser dealing damage to yourself when disarming an Explosive
    • Fixed upgraded Emeral Rod weapon visual
    • Fixed Orbital Strike (Titan) not stunning air units
    • Fixed Orbital Strike visual effect so it actually matches the stun timing
    • Fixed constant text messages when Pacifista is carrying an Axe Launcher or AA Gun
    • Fixed the Giveup Revoke command from accepting nearly any command as a revoke
    • Fixed the Giveup Revoke command from being accepted several times from one player
    • Fixed some minor bugs

v 8.79b
  • Fixed getting support points for trying to buy items for which you don't have the necessary upgrades

v 8.79c
  • Added an ability to ground mines, which lets them self-destruct
  • Added a new Titan icon
  • Decreased the restock time and mana cost of Heat-Seeking Missiles (Distributor)
  • Increased the casting range of S.I.C. (Distributor) from 900 to 1050
  • Increased the mana burn of Energy Leak (Darkness Tank) and rebalanced the dealt damage
  • The runes around an enemy Obelisk (Titan) are now red, and teal around allied Obelisks
  • The Obelisk runes now actually start appearing once the Obelisk is active and not when he is built
  • Tanks are now grayed out in shops, when your team does not have the necessary upgrades
  • Fixed Black Sun Project starting with too much mana
  • Fixed Darkness Tank armor requirements
  • Fixed dropped blueprint items ownership
  • Fixed the game mode display on the engame screen
  • Fixed Negator Pack from removing tank transparency
  • Fixed Camouflage Generators from being ignored by the Control Point check
  • Fixed Camouflage Generators from being a valid target for Control Point teleports
  • Fixed the required number of kick-votes from changing during the vote
  • Fixed some minor bugs

v 8.79d
  • Fixed some possible gold abuse with Tankers Little Helper
  • Fixed the cooldown group of Mass Converter
  • Fixed the shop pages of the Trade Market for the Light Force
  • Fixed the damage block of the basic version of Deflective Armor being too high
  • Fixed some rare cases of teamkills and null kills with S.I.C. and Conservation
  • Fixed some minor bugs
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
oh that's gonna be a funny version
thanks a lotBig Grin
Think speed reductions are abit excessive on airship.

"When dying near a Control Point that is being contested, you will no longer get a penalty for that death" What does it mean contested does it mean when an enemy enters your cp is that when a cp is contested ?Or could have die in your cp with enemy's outside with out them specifically being in the cp and not receive the penalty i love this change btwSmile

Personally think mass converter and negator pack should of only gone down to 18%.

Before the game ends buying 200 teleport breakers will improve my support by 200 just wondering?

Overall i love this new map and all the news aspect created by you guys
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Hrmm darkness tank great tank and option i think its abilties maybe worth a little more then there stated atm.
(2013-08-21, 08:12:47)BENNIE.FM Wrote: Think speed reductions are abit excessive on airship.

"When dying near a Control Point that is being contested, you will no longer get a penalty for that death" What does it mean contested does it mean when an enemy enters your cp is that when a cp is contested ?Or could have die in your cp with enemy's outside with out them specifically being in the cp and not receive the penalty i love this change btwSmile

Personally think mass converter and negator pack should of only gone down to 18%.

Before the game ends buying 200 teleport breakers will improve my support by 200 just wondering?

Overall i love this new map and all the news aspect created by you guys

With contested I mean, that the enemy is within Control Point range, so he is actively trying to capture it. So in other words: for this change to work, both the one that kills you, as well as yourself have to be in Control Point range.

Breaker increase your support points by 0.5, but yeah, you'll get 100 points from that. I know that you want to suggest again that the points should only be granted when you use them. But that won't change much, you can still "abuse" this to get more support points in the end.
Ok any feedback on the other remarks i stated.
Jet propulsion on airship 26.667 % decrease from 30-22(Quite significant)
Will we be going to go back to 8.78b until this is fixed qualify is still hosting 8.79?
Well, I made the change for the Air Ship. I wouldn't have done it, when I thought it wasn't ok. So I'm not saying anything on how to change it right now, because I'm waiting for feedback for it, like yours. After some time I'll decide what to do about it (if anything).
EDIT: the same is true for the other balancing you mentioned. It's good that you bring it up, but imo it is too early to really see if anything is balanced right or not.

We'll have to wait for Velocity to change the maps on the bots, seems like he currently isn't online.

Also, regarding your question in the PM:
Without taking damage, the Black Sun will survive 100s (it loses 1%/s) and it has a movement speed of 75, so the maximum distance it can cover is 7500.
(2013-08-21, 13:37:21)Exodus Wrote: Well, I made the change for the Air Ship. I wouldn't have done it, when I thought it wasn't ok. So I'm not saying anything on how to change it right now, because I'm waiting for feedback for it, like yours. After some time I'll decide what to do about it (if anything).
EDIT: the same is true for the other balancing you mentioned. It's good that you bring it up, but imo it is too early to really see if anything is balanced right or not.

We'll have to wait for Velocity to change the maps on the bots, seems like he currently isn't online.

Also, regarding your question in the PM:
Without taking damage, the Black Sun will survive 100s (it loses 1%/s) and it has a movement speed of 75, so the maximum distance it can cover is 7500.

I personally love playing airship but to be honest a good heavy or thunder and now storm tank really can punish airship that's the only reason i think the nerf is abit excessive,also as Raptor stated the heavy ulti is just so strong if it is aimed correctly.Well im not sure what your intentions were while nerfing the jet propulsion i think since adding the storm tank mid game it can counter airship well.

Other feedback I love the storm tank Glow !
Just used Airship drones interesting change will have to use it more and see how it goes

Mass converter and negator and airship propulsion should be nerfed by a smaller percentage

Overall this is an awesome map you did such a good Job
Alright, bugfix version released.
Aaaand here is the next bugfix and balance version. I hope that this is now stable enough, to be our main version for some time.
After months, there is now ... another bugfix version! Because of a possible gold abuse, it was necessary to release this one.

I'll also use this chance to tell you guys, what's currently going on with the map development: not much, to be honest

After I released the last version, I started working on the new AI (again), together with Bob / Nazgul, but after about 2 months, development on that stopped. Then I found myself to be somewhat demotivated to keep on working on the map, which resulted in no development happening for some months.
Coincidentally, I started working on the map again, a few days ago, before this abuse became known. So right now I'm on the map again, but because there has been such a long break, don't expect too much new content. Instead, I'll make up for it, by messing around with the game mechanics ;)

So, changes are happening, I just wanted to let you guys know, what the current state of affairs is. Have fun with the map!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle Tanks 8.80c Exodus 21 21,467 2015-08-09, 21:11:11
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Battle Tanks 8.63 Hacked and Mangled Mod by NarFlux Exodus 2 4,471 2014-04-22, 13:42:22
Last Post: omefisto
  New Battle Tanks Homepage! Exodus 8 10,521 2014-02-23, 18:59:08
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Battle Tanks 8.78b Exodus 11 12,561 2013-05-05, 11:52:52
Last Post: Exodus
  Battle Tanks 8.77e Exodus 29 21,839 2013-02-10, 22:18:40
Last Post: eSVau