Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admin: Please remove bot auto-kick
Before game begin, a friend (RAF_Today_Hero) get auto kick at 260 ping.

Please disable or modify this feature to kick at 1000+ ping.
I am able to play at 500 ping for sure and even 1000 (1 sec delay). Definitely ELO score goes down, but is playable...
Blizzards standard interval to exchange game state packets for internet games is 250ms. Listpicker was one of the first tool to fool a hosts wc3 to change it to the default setting for lan hosted game, which is 100ms.
The real ping is the time a packet required to get from the host to the client plus the time it requires for the client to acknowledge this packet and send a response to the host. Listpicker cut ping time by two for an unknown reason, maybe because it looks nicer. To look as good as listpicker every other tool copied this method and halves the ping; ghost keeps that as default setting.
The size of a simple ping data packet is small compared to the size of a full game state packet (32bytes vs 1024bytes i think). A ping is received faster than a game state.

Our bots are keeping this interval exchange setting variable, determined and increased by the worst ping of a participating player with a maximum of 250ms.

But lets stay at the "worst case". Every 250ms game state will be synchronized, such a packet requires some time to be received so does the response (false ping time doubled). All those times has to be summed up.

I do not know how wc3 exactly handles missing update. For first person shooter there is a prediction nowadays to handle missing state updates and a fps client show another player moving even so it might not know the real current position and impulse. In the old days you could observe warping players due a collision of such a prediction due a missing update and an update.
At wc3 i think it something like: you missed to acknowledge one update in time, no problem i send you a cumulative one which you have to acknowledge in time or everybody has to wait for you - i do not know for sure but it sounds reasonable.
But i know for sure that there is a point where wc3 pauses the game till all players are synchronized. Also known as lag screen, people with a ping may causes such lag screen forever and let everybody wait for them.
Sidenote: the lagging player does not necessary know or recognize that all other player have to wait for him, it might look "normal" besides the lag.

Even so we are not going to do it, exceeding this interval beyond 250ms might have some real negative impacts, such as desynched players or mass drops. Also does the game state exchange itself limiting this interval.

Asume we would have an interval of 10000ms: how long does an action at wc3 need? I don't know, but you cannot keep up an illusion of real time if you only synchronize every client every 10 seconds, since everybody would do some actions and then would have to wait this intervall to get the other players actions to synchonize. Or even worse, what if you miss such a 10 second update? Or if you do have within such a huge time period conflicting action, such as a killing hit vs. a teleport just in time? That would result into desynchronized game state which causes the bot to drop those players an keeping one game state.
I think it could be exceeded somewhat but i dont think there is much room left to do so without killing a game.

An intervall of 100ms makes it way more responsive for EVERY player of game. Did u ever played a map called Warlock or not such a worse example Pudge wars? Did you ever played such a responsive sensitive map hosted by some without any modification, hosted with a standard wc3 client with a 250ms setting, maybe a response time of 150ms.
At fast pace maps you DO feel such a delay and it is really hard to keep up since the host does not have such a delay, his actions are almost instant. So e.g. a Warlock it was always the host winningTongue

TL;DR wont happen, since it impacts EVERYBODY in game
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
HiSmile
you can change in bot system!
auto kick/Max Ping
make it 300 or more .. Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NICE ADMIN ! galadion1 5 4,452 2016-03-16, 08:44:26
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  admin abuse HaRd2WiN4YoU 8 7,213 2016-02-18, 21:28:25
Last Post: HaRd2WiN4YoU
Exclamation Penalty remove request Bernar_Ali 1 2,545 2014-08-18, 22:46:36
Last Post: RaptorXI
  [feature-request] Auto upload game replays RAF_Fenix 26 16,258 2014-04-15, 15:25:33
Last Post: eSVau
  Please change or cancel bot auto-kick RAF_Fenix 6 5,361 2014-03-18, 03:12:59
Last Post: BENNIE.FM