Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mode Idea
While battletanks can be fun, It has a Serious problem that I can see. It suffers, however ,like most AOS games, From runaway snowball effect. A mode that reduced that would be something That would make some people more likely to play the game. The mode would do a few things

Anti snowball effect, or Equality mode
- ~10% tank bounty
- ~10% creep bounty
- ~500% periodic income
- ~90% trader share ratio
this way you will not end up with severe imbalances after some players get kills, or farm creeps. The periodic income increase will allow the players to still get similar amounts of money as normal, but that income will be more even, and you would end up with less of the huge amounts of cash players get from early kills that make them stronger early, which makes them get even more kills, ect.
This mode would make the game better in my opinion.
Which means someone who AFKs during the entire game will have similar gold to one who creeps and kills....
jman Wrote:Which means someone who AFKs during the entire game will have similar gold to one who creeps and kills....
Jepp. A Fun Mode without the "who kills is better" scheme. I would like this mode, to be honest. And ... its just a FUN mode.
jman Wrote:Which means someone who AFKs during the entire game will have similar gold to one who creeps and kills....
That could be considered a good point, I wonder if it would be possible to activate the AI for a player with a command by themBig Grin Though make it so they will not buy items. That would be another discussion though.

The main reason That I want this mode is so that everyone is on nearly even ground, even the newbies, while normally Pros would get many kills early, and get most of the gold, and thus get more powerful. Instead, how strong a player is is determined my their skill and what they buy, Not, the strongest person later is who gets all the kills early. Since that results in them getting more kills, and getting over powered. In this mode, each person can be potentially equally, or almost equally powerful. And kills will still award bounty, just not as much.
currently our main focus lays on bt for sc2, getting the league ready ( finally ) and introducing the new tanks ( which you may have already found in the map itself ). after these points we weill mostly focus on balancing the league, maybe announcing some event and getting a workable devteam only version of sc2-bt ready. *g*

as such and in relation to the previous 'fun mode', i don't expect us to plan any new mode for a while.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,256 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,495 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  I have a great idea! BtankNoob 0 1,864 2014-01-12, 02:40:54
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,607 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Promote a new mode for fun! Smell.No.Evil 1 2,280 2012-04-01, 22:59:46
Last Post: AeroniumX