Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more attractive troop command center
i would like to discuss about some ideas to make tcc more attractive ingame.
u all know its a rarely used building and i think this fact has to be changed.

the only reason for me to buy tcc is the bomb drop ability because the other are to weak or mana expensive for its useabilitySad

i think following options would be nice to get tcc more attractive to buy:

-cp portability
- maybe heal upgrade (but less then fac! or only for itself)
-cheaper creeps (maybe with autocast/only usable by constructor)
-exotic weapons buyable only if its builtSmile (maybe a good argument to buy the tcc for little advantage in weapon variety for the whole team)
-ability for true sight to make units or mines temporary visible (alternate to detector, radar or ulti pack)

would be nice to see more ideas or optionsBig Grin

best regards

aggi
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
I build TCC really frequently in games with less players (especially 1v1, it's incredible good in 1v1 games playing with a certain multitasking-heavy style) and I think it is good enough as it is. Just get it when at least 1 side lane is allready captured to spawn mortars there as soon as the players previously on that lane changed to mid. Use a Tech Mech to stay at the TCC and asign the TCC and the Tech Mech to a controlgroup. If you time your attacks on cps/other sides with the incomming mortars (+3 snipers for protection against creeps) well, you can do a ton of damage. The benifit of doing this is to keep the opponents occopied as well. They need to look for your possible mortars all the time, which is no easy task.

Another possible use would be to stack snipers, but that doesn't work everywhere and is easily countered.
but indedte =) be honest
i never saw you building it or anyone else in intern game =)
Well i didWink

Only have replays of me building it in 1v1 like those two here (both against bt-clanplayers and I have a lot more 1v1 replays against known clanplayers where i play similar):

http://btanks.net/forum/download/file.php?id=940
http://btanks.net/forum/download/file.php?id=941
well in 1 vs1 =P
but i meant in real 5 vs 5 which are mostly played i think
hm.. sounds nice but i still think its necessary to change it a bit.
of course, there are some people who can use it wisely but its not he mass.. and u are pro++^^
1on1 ok, possible that it works fine there but in full house its difficulty is sightly increased to handle it like this i think..

but good argumentSmile

aaargh.. post while post^^.. argoli.. u know what i meanBig Grin

yours are good too =)
but anyway i think when for example the mine searcher comes to the center its much stronger and more attractiv.
It's true that it is way stronger in 1v1 than 5v5, but it still is viable as soon as at least one side lane is captured in my opinion. For 2750 gold (+the tech mech which you need anyway in most cases) the opponents need to watch and defend the lane permanently, while you attack cps/base from other directions.

Nevertheless something like the mine searcher might be a good idea, especially to replace the Glaive-Thrower which is not usefull at all in my opinion (every other thing from TCC can be good, but I don't know any situation in which I want those Glaive-Things)
Maybe giving an ability to trade gold for mana?

Players would pay something like 0,75 gold for one mana point. Waiting the regen is really annoying ^_^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:Maybe giving an ability to trade gold for mana?
Players would pay something like 0,75 gold for one mana point. Waiting the regen is really annoying ^_^
Would result in an ugly bomb spamming if you could buy them for 750g.
Wow, i played about 90 Games in Public Games and today, I have seen this building the first time. :o

But it looks nice and useful to me. Perheps its just too special, that many players wont use it?
AGGInator Wrote:i would like to discuss about some ideas to make tcc more attractive ingame.
u all know its a rarely used building and i think this fact has to be changed.

the only reason for me to buy tcc is the bomb drop ability because the other are to weak or mana expensive for its useabilitySad

i think following options would be nice to get tcc more attractive to buy:

-cp portability
- maybe heal upgrade (but less then fac! or only for itself)
-cheaper creeps (maybe with autocast/only usable by constructor)
-exotic weapons buyable only if its builtSmile (maybe a good argument to buy the tcc for little advantage in weapon variety for the whole team)
-ability for true sight to make units or mines temporary visible (alternate to detector, radar or ulti pack)

would be nice to see more ideas or optionsBig Grin

best regards

aggi

Indeed i find the TCC underused, i really like the idea of it having unique weapons or items.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
i'd like to see, that the mana doesnt drop to 0 when you repack it.
maybe decrease the mana over time, when the tcc is repacked/an item. or less "imba", but something like that

also i would like to see a dropable detector/tele breaker
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
ssl Wrote:

Mmmmhhh ok something like 3-4 gold per mana :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:
ssl Wrote:

Mmmmhhh ok something like 3-4 gold per mana :p

It should cost little more than a regular bomb (1000mana)
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
SCorpA1 Wrote:also i would like to see a dropable detector/tele breaker

also a really good ideaSmile
its totally ugly to set tp breaker and detector while having a full inventory -.- (i think u know what i mean^^)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  !group command Perfektionist 12 8,021 2012-12-21, 04:27:14
Last Post: Botz
Brick Kick command for Singelplayer Perfektionist 2 2,926 2012-11-08, 03:25:50
Last Post: Perfektionist
  -top and -bot command Perfektionist 17 12,115 2012-10-31, 14:18:21
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Troop at the enemy Controll Point Perfektionist 18 11,993 2012-09-10, 11:49:00
Last Post: Exodus
  Troop Command Center Scan UnifiedDoom 2 2,687 2012-06-27, 21:39:27
Last Post: Exodus