Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block Troops
Sitting in the bus on the way home i had the following idea:
Summoned Troops which cut the enemies path off.
You guys know the animation when the mortar troops are summoned by the troop command center with their parachutes.
I thought there could be a rechargeable item like the troop command, with which you can summon invulnerable units, which do no dmg or move, but block the path.
There could be typical positions where you could "call them". In the picture i post, the white areas are the ones you click in when you want to stationate the troops(the red points) at the position in this specific area.
So for example this item could have a range of 2000 and could need about 3 seconds until the blocking marine units(or any model) are down at the ground with their parachutes.
Of course they cant attack and are immobilize, but tanks could not pass them for any amout of seconds they blockers stay( did not thought about exactly balancing at the moment, same to price of item).
The holes between the blocking units should be as big animated, that normal creeps can pass them, but no tanks.Normal creeps should pass them, because there would be too much chaos otherwise when they all run different ways.
This would allow more complexibility in the game, im sure there would be many interesting situations.
One thing is problematic: The air tanks. There are even at the moment very strong and this would buff them really hard, even if there are nets for air to immobilize them by item, for ground there isnt. Maybe one of you have an idea to create another item to disable air equally, or how to transfer this idea also on air.
Another aspect is that this would also come close to the reality in wars(which we all dont like of course), where enemies are surrounded and confrontaded from different directions.
I guess this item would also have another positiv aspect, because it would weaken the porter, of which there was a big discussion the last time.
Of course my idea would make the porter even more important to buy, but in times where everybody has a porter anyway after a certain time, it would weaken it in fact, because people have to think twice if they really want to use it, because they could need it in the next moment to escape , if there are troops summoned to block them.
I appreciate any suggestions to modificate this or opinions.
Thanks for Reading.[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like the concept - next to a new tank this might be an excellent item to think about adding into Btanks.

LivingFR Wrote:One thing is problematic: The air tanks. There are even at the moment very strong and this would buff them really hard, even if there are nets for air to immobilize them by item, for ground there isnt. Maybe one of you have an idea to create another item to disable air equally, or how to transfer this idea also on air.

Usually when I go Demon/Goblin/Frost-Robot I keep a set of nets handy to deal with air tanks. While most air tanks don't have a stun and suffer from a HP penalty in exchange for mobility, my net-stun combo can usually negate that advantage and keep them in place for 4-5 seconds... Seeing as there is no ground counterpart to nets at the moment, I think air tanks could use this indirect 'buff.'
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
the only benefit of this are for LONG RANGE players, and for get away so eneny can't finish you off sort of moves

air already can be taken down by nets, this should only be for regular tanks

teleport can still get over

other than the above i can't see much use for it.

it'll be better to also block creeps

it should be able to be summoned from any place in a user selectable area

so click summon, then click the ground where you want it

and POP! it appears like a barricade to blocks the entire path for both creeps and tanks, except air tanks

i like this idea better, the way you described it is not very useful
erm, if there is a way to create it in a way that you can use the blocks everywhere, good.
But how do you want to do this? Aslong the pathes are in different directions(vertically,horizontally,diagonally) you could only do your idea by always summon a circle of units, or do we want to add a little tetris minigame, in which you change by pressing space the blockers vertically and horizontally before summoning them?thats crap.
And i totally disagree to your first "argument".
Why should this only be for longrange players? This would be useful in very much situations and with different weapons.
Quote:and for get away so eneny can't finish you off sort of moves
aswell nonsense, as long i said the troops should be stationated with a delay of about some seconds, so you cant just block your enemy everytime immadietly.
No, the idea rather supports tactical thoughts, like luring enemies into a certain area.
Quote:air already can be taken down by nets, this should only be for regular tanks
I already said that but i personally still think that air is very strong anyway and needs no improvement.
Quote:teleport can still get over
I mentioned this aswell just with some bonus information, maybe a reasoned argument would make more sense.
Quote:it'll be better to also block creeps
This is just ONE item and shouldnt be meant to muddle all so well organised pathes.
Quote:it should be able to be summoned from any place in a user selectable area

so click summon, then click the ground where you want it

and POP! it appears like a barricade to blocks the entire path for both creeps and tanks, except air tanks
If you say so... i think it would 1. look a little stupid and 2. this would negate all the tactical thoughts and it would just be another instant-activate item.
I personally think there should be more items, which are used in more long-termed actions, instead of always instant port, instant skill activate....

Explicit in the last days i mentioned that psychology just plays a certain role in bt and thats what it makes as well very interesting.Maybe some guys know what I am talking about.
Greets
Battlemaniac Wrote:the only benefit of this are for LONG RANGE players, and for get away so eneny can't finish you off sort of moves

Speed Packs, Teleporters, Nets, and the longer stun duration of upper tier tanks already tend to shift the favor of the game towards short ranged builds. With these items, the benefit of having ~250-750 buffer attack range over your opponent diminishes as it becomes more difficult to maintain. The game could use some items that favor long range players in the mid-late game.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
it will definitely be a nice add on

it will go well along the Advanced Troop Command, which many short range / teleport users are already using

tele + stun + summon Advanced Troops = enemy dead

so if we do ever get the new Blockade Troop summon it'll be an even awesomer combo

it will probably go like

summon Blockade Troops + aproach enemy + enemy teleports away + you teleport to enemy + stun + summon advanced Troops = enemy deadBig Grin

in the original way, there is a chance the enemy can teleport away, if they are good with the buttons and lag favoredBig Grin
I admit that this could be one of the situations, but it's mostly meant to block maybe the last survivals after a big fight, to provide camping, by summoning blockers and attack enemy and so on.. =)
I would be happy about more opinions
If you make summonable blockades they should have a life in order to destroy them.
Wehr Rächtschreibfeler findet darf sie behallten.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Troops, Siege and Troopcommand Wupti 27 20,425 2012-11-01, 22:35:32
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Radar and Advanced Troops Tez.Sick 19 12,244 2012-02-24, 20:25:57
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Ability Sugestion: Block horselance 13 5,592 2010-02-19, 13:08:49
Last Post: IlPalazzo
  I'm sick of troops spam from factories -.- TKF 15 6,241 2008-08-25, 15:42:54
Last Post: TKF