Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[Tutorial] Guard fighter
Many people ask for it, here is the tutorial for the best tank for the game that 99.9% people cannot use properly.

Guard fighter tutorial!

First thing to know:
The guard fighter is a build to be able the play the guard as fighter without being unable to get creep and kills and being decisive ingame. (and yes, even if u are tired and playing bad it makes u win the game: watch btt 2010 final replay)

Basic rules for guard fighter:

1/ Don t root. Root only for some special occasion. Mobility is the most important. You are a guard fighter, not a factory!
2/ Don t take the guard when you are not level 10 or not about to get level 10. The ulti skill is important, without it, you lack ability for fight.
3/ Don t buy speed. Your tank is not there for hunting, get a teleport instead. Teleport is really important to cover and heal ur mate
4/ Kill fast and hard, U are not there to walk around a reducing people hp slowly. Let other tanks do that.
5/ Being guard makes u the hated target of the world (especially if you are me because everyone loves me)
6/ Being fighter does not mean u don t heal ur mate.
7/ U need extra mana for this tank
8/ don t use long range, you are there to fight, to cover and to heal in middle of the fight. Not to hide behind like a b.....

Skill build:

Max canon skill, Max ultima skill, use one point for the creep skill (they virtually provide a mid/gold hull for 14sec), make even the root and heal skill. Actually check ur mana amount, the root costs always 5 mana, so up it if u don t have enough for high heal level.

Item build:
If you read basic rules you know u have to be level 10 before being guard. So before being guard, get at least 2 weapons, 3k hp and teleport. U can go straight to guard without the telep but it will slow ur progress.

After getting the guard:
Orbital, extra hull, weapon and then speed.

How to play:

Concerning the heal

- Heal ur mate in range when their hp is under 50%, try to use heal when they group. Don t waste ur cd healing and idiot who never go back to cp to regen... His stupidity deserves to let him dieBig Grin (the same for people with low hp like the moron with 3 weapons and less than 2k hp... Yeah yeah you know him)
- It is always more effective to heal someone with high amount of hp.
- Try to heal many mates at same time
- During though time, root before healing so u can heal urself. Do it only if mate is in range, if not run away, being root will make u unable to move and you would probably die anyway

Concerning the root

- dont be dumb and don t root in front of enemy cp...
- root inside ur cp or inside enemy cp
- when u are in cp and a mate is coming to regen, root to make his regen better, don t be selfish
- if ur mates are packing somewhere, root a bit to heal them without wasting the heal skill

Concerning the creep skill.

They are 2 small trees but with a lot of hp, it make a difference. Level it once. A few second is enough.

Concerning the ultima.

Really powerfull but mana consuming, coupled with orbital, it is more effective than hunter one because it does not affect your teamamte.

--------------------------------

It is fast written but is better if u check replay, i will post it later.

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Here some replays :o

Attached Files
.w3g   guardfaccombo.w3g (Size: 1.65 MB / Downloads: 228)
.w3g   Guard is decisive.w3g (Size: 1.4 MB / Downloads: 228)
.w3g   guard fighter.w3g (Size: 1.5 MB / Downloads: 264)
Replay fail? The replays are from the WC3 1.24. And now it's 1.25

BÄÄHM?
BÄÄÄHM BÄÄM B0000BALO!
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
I just made a 1.25 replay on elague game because of u 2 T_T.

Attached Files
.w3g   Guardreplay1.25.w3g (Size: 1.62 MB / Downloads: 285)
cant watch replaySmile now we need 1.26 ^^

well i am intresstet in the build u got bevore lvl 10+guard... wich tank and weapons hull etc... it works against any enemy ? wich change against various enemy ?
Here is a replaySmile

You can also see it is unuseful if your teamamte don't get hp buy buy only weapons.... These teamamtes were so selfish T_T

Attached Files
.w3g   guardreplay1.26.w3g (Size: 2.4 MB / Downloads: 256)
The Guard fighter still viable in league even with bad skill !

Here a replay with the current version.

Attached Files
.w3g   Guardleague.w3g (Size: 2.49 MB / Downloads: 271)
boob guard
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Writing a new tutorial Flygplan 0 2,695 2013-12-17, 18:50:53
Last Post: Flygplan
  [Tutorial] General 4 phases strategy by Althend. Althend 17 22,676 2012-09-15, 15:25:39
Last Post: cRo_best
  tutorial for how to play with raider and examples to counter it Wupti 17 15,602 2012-07-24, 22:46:22
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  [Tutorial]Tech Mech 101 Prog 12 17,037 2012-03-14, 15:08:08
Last Post: Prog
  Guard Strategy Discussion aimc 6 6,754 2012-01-18, 01:19:21
Last Post: aimc