Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troop Command Center Scan
I played a game today where one of the enemy players went smoke machine. I figured since my inventory was full it would be a good time to test the troop command center's new "scan" ability. To my dismay, it was completely useless. Being limitted to the troop command center's rally point it has a measly 3000 range from the troop command center, not enough to really do anything. You can't really afford to keep the troop command center handy at every battle (it costs at least 500 gold per deployment). The Scan also has no hotkey which makes it very hard to use (as if switching beetween your tank and the command center wasn't hard enough already).

I would like to suggest the following changes to this ability to make it more viable against smoke machine users:

- Change it's mechanic so it's similar to Far Sight/Reveal, this way it will have a global range, instead of being limitted to the troop command center's rally point. This will allow people to cast scan throughout the entire map with the troop command center safely in the base. (Which is what I originally thought it would do when I first bought it)
- Give it a hotkey, Since you can't have your tank selected when you use this ability it can easily be "R" or "Q" or something.
Nothing new to me. We are aware of the lack of use for a scan with the rally point range, but there are difficulties implementing a scan with unlimited range. We didn't find a good and working alternative way up to now. (Basic Far Sight/Reveal does not work unfortunately)
Like Prog said, we are already discussing this case. I'll come up with something for the next major update ;)

For the hotkeys, please refer to this thread: http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3376
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  !group command Perfektionist 12 9,062 2012-12-21, 04:27:14
Last Post: Botz
Brick Kick command for Singelplayer Perfektionist 2 3,167 2012-11-08, 03:25:50
Last Post: Perfektionist
  -top and -bot command Perfektionist 17 14,078 2012-10-31, 14:18:21
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Troop at the enemy Controll Point Perfektionist 18 13,166 2012-09-10, 11:49:00
Last Post: Exodus
  Add game command -switch Teo_live 2 2,849 2011-03-23, 09:26:44
Last Post: Exodus