Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New game mode: Medium Bounty
It looks like I have misunderstood your initial post.
I was not aware that this 'medium bounty' mode you have proposed would include the removal of the 5 minute income, since the closest you get to mentioning it is:
Quote: Well when income is removed

Now that I have reread all of your comments in this thread more carefully - I agree with Lezowski:

Quote:Why don't you go and make a brand new game? Since that is what you're suggesting.

This medium bounty mode you suggest involves much, much more than just changing the bounty, and as such I believe that making all the changes you suggest effectively introduces a new game - since all those changes would require a lot of effort of balance (which is the point of the mode you suggest) and potentially introduce bugs in other modes (due to the many changes involved). This would take significant time away from developing the core - normal mode of battle tanks - which I, and probably others would find unacceptable.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Wow, lets sum up:

You want to:
-Remove the 5min.-Income and the Auto-Upgrades
-Change Cp-Tp
-Make HB-Mode tripple bounty
-Make a new Medium Bounty-Mode where the normal bounty gets doubled
-Change a Teamgame into a Solo-Creep-Killer-Game / Tank-Duell-Game
-Adjust the game to every existing mode
-Upgrades gained by destroying buildings
-Make a single player able to defeat a whole team and siege a base alone
-Remove teamwork, cause that would be ganking
Careful, personal opinion:
For me it just seems like you got kicked in the ass often by some good teamplayers who used the 5min.-Income proper, know how to use the Cp-Tp well and used some Hunter-Combo you had no chance against.
Now you're complaining that the game is unbalanced cause of "ganking", teleporters, feeders and tanks, weapons and hulls which are not scaled properly enough for you.

You don't want to balance something, you want to make a new game. That's it, nothing more.
googlyboogly and lezowski are right.

Here you can get an open source version of Battle Tanks 7.55, that might fit your idea of a balanced game:
http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12
Reworking any of the mentioned points would result in huger balance problems than we currently have.
As long as i'm in charge of the map, i will not change these things in the directions mentioned above.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
He talks about ganking as if it is the same as in DoTa....

Noob needs to learn how to "-zoom". Maybe then he'll realize that the map isn't that big.

Also he mentions that Hb is 3x the bounty of normal. Is this true or is he lying? If it is true, isn't that a tad too much?
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
afaik in hb all bounties are doubled.
He did say the 3x was an example.
What I believe he meant, was that the new 'medium bounty' would be 1/2 way between normal bounty and high bounty.
Since in hb, bounties are doubled this would give (1+2)/2 = 1.5 = +50% bounty for his mode.
He didn't mention changing the hb mode or any other, he wants all the changes described to apply to his new 'medium bounty' mode alone.

Re: Ganking vs DOTA, the lack of fog is a much bigger factor than the zoom option in my opinion.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Alter Game Mechanic DarkRavenBest 0 2,128 2016-05-17, 13:35:56
Last Post: DarkRavenBest
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,308 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,321 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,397 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,751 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846