Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
troop ugrade bug
if you start a game, buy a tinker and straight go for troopugrades you will discover this if you buy the armor upgrade first (not with weapons ugrade)

you only pay 1100 gold per (armor) ugrade, but you do not receive the 2x reeinforcements. this may seems ok, the gold which you paid was correct, but i dont think this abnormal game behaviour is intentional.

you can only buy the upgrade if you have 1500 or more gold, even if you only pay 1100, so it seems like an auto-sell trigger :wink: or something like that.

btw: once you buy your first weapons upgrade, everything works properly

"bug" was tested some times and is reproductive.
hmmm interesting. I haven't seen this before.

Only thing I noticed is that the reinforcements cost 100 gold less, and the upgrades still stayed at 1500 gold. Not that the defence upgrade cost 1100 gold.

You mean that you get 1100 after selling the reinforcements? or 1100 gold and the reinforcements does not appear in inventory?
TKF Wrote:or 1100 gold and the reinforcements does not appear in inventory?

right.

TKF Wrote:[...] the defence upgrade [...]

please ask your dictionary what a "fence" is and never write that again.
defense is one of the top 10 used words in warcraft i think... :?
defense is american english, defence is britian english, both is possible...
there are other words like this, too:
initialize (american) / initialise (britain)
color (american) / colour (britain)

and i probably fixed the bug while optimizing the scripts again... i did not even know of that bug at that time, but i couldnt reproduce it with my version (normal mode, buy tinker, buy attack upgrade)
didnt know that defence is also possible, so im sorry for that comment.

the bug occurs with the armor upgrade, not with attack.
ohBig Grin then it was a good idea to tell exactly what i did to test it^^

okay, got the bug... reinforcement require attack upgrade level 1... its a bug in the tech requirement system

it can be fixed easiliy, and i will fix it, but i currently have no idea wheter i should create an alternative item which looks the same to the user (like it is done with the trader bomb and normal bomb), or deactivate the requirements while the upgrade-item is given to the unit... but then there could be problems when dropping the item and take it again, or something like that...
or i just change the requirement that either attack or armor upgrade have to be researched and not a specific one...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.71] Troop Command Smartie 5 4,134 2010-08-01, 17:33:53
Last Post: Paladon
  Troop Command Center GooglyBoogly 2 1,904 2009-01-23, 12:00:06
Last Post: ChronicStoned
  Bug Troop Command mewalone 8 4,414 2008-11-11, 16:29:10
Last Post: TKF
  8.54b troop command creeps in weakcreep mode ChronicStoned 3 2,370 2008-11-09, 14:52:29
Last Post: ChronicStoned
  [8.53b] Tinker can use a troop commander no cooldown oNoX 6 3,690 2008-09-25, 23:05:08
Last Post: DerSatan